Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cajuns Beat Kent St.

Default Re: Cajuns Beat Kent St.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    What I have learned after week two. We do not have a qb who fits HUD's system.
    Sure we do. His name is Broadway!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    What I have learned after week two. We do not have a qb who fits HUD's system.
    My question is What is Hud's system? After two games in difficult conditions ( terrible rain and playing a top team on the road), I'm not sure what Hud's system is. It appears to not differ much from what the previous staff ran personnel wise and Hud obviously wants to establish the interior run but I haven't seen much in the passing game even though we have the same personnel that was here last year. I saw more downfield passing last year but again, we haven't had truly a game against an equal opponent in decent conditions to see if we can still do that. I hope we can because we won't move the ball this year without balance on offense but this offense must be better than what it has shown. I do not think that neither of our QB's are incapable of getting it done consistently in this system though as his system is still very similar to Bustle's.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    My question is What is Hud's system? After two games in difficult conditions ( terrible rain and playing a top team on the road), I'm not sure what Hud's system is. It appears to not differ much from what the previous staff ran personnel wise and Hud obviously wants to establish the interior run but I haven't seen much in the passing game even though we have the same personnel that was here last year. I saw more downfield passing last year but again, we haven't had truly a game against an equal opponent in decent conditions to see if we can still do that. I hope we can because we won't move the ball this year without balance on offense but this offense must be better than what it has shown. I do not think that neither of our QB's are incapable of getting it done consistently in this system though as his system is still very similar to Bustle's.
    Other than some snaps where the QB is under center the offense looks very much the same. The under center snaps with a lone RB 8 yards deep did not seem to work to well. In that formation I think you need a fullback.

Anyway it was a win and I have a feeling we will be feeling a lot better about our offense a week from today.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Other than some snaps where the QB is under center the offense looks very much the same. The under center snaps with a lone RB 8 yards deep did not seem to work to well. In that formation I think you need a fullback.

Anyway it was a win and I have a feeling we will be feeling a lot better about our offense a week from today.
    I'd much rather have the offense start slowly and take shape as the season progresses where at the end, they are playing at a high level rather than the other way around. Hopefully the defense can progress as well and stay healthy where all units are improving weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I took a little heat last week for being in camp Gautier but all I care about is that we got a W! Like I was saying last week, Chris tends to get rattled when under pressure and BG just rolls with the punches. Come week six I might have egg on my face but for right now I think we can all agree on BG being the #1 QB.
    No, we all don't agree.

Good point, we can't tell what his system his at this point. It's not what we expected after 2 games, but it is what it is.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

1-1 feels good. Offense looks bad, yet we win???

Weird, it's like the team has a "winning mentality" or something

8. Default Re: Cajuns Beat Kent St.

I have something I don't like and oh can I be so wrong-----Why are our QBs so squatted down under center---I have no idea but I don't think that you can move as well in that position!!!! I have never seen it before, and I don't see the pros doing it---so I ask why!!!! Guess I need to start going to QB Club meetings----I use to MC the things but Abbeville gets to be far away!!!!

We won a game last night that we probably would not have in the recent past

We are 1-1 and the very real possibility of a winning record after 3

We have a team that plays 4 quarters

We have a coach that understands situational football take your 3 and out's while you are backed against your goal line in the slop.

We have 2 young running backs that will be stars in the future

We have a defense that will hit you and take the ball away from you.

This morning I am a happy Cajun fan and the other "growing pains" notwithstanding, I see a bright future.

a&m is not playing next Saturday. Coach Hud wants the place packed Lets get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Way way too many turnovers.
    Sorry to disagree, but for the conditions last night, the turnover situation could have been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I have something I don't like and oh can I be so wrong-----Why are our QBs so squatted down under center---I have no idea but I don't think that you can move as well in that position!!!! I have never seen it before, and I don't see the pros doing it---so I ask why!!!! Guess I need to start going to QB Club meetings----I use to MC the things but Abbeville gets to be far away!!!!
    Good Grief

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    No, we all don't agree.
    No doubt, my statement was a little premature.

Did the other true freshman RB even get the ball last night?

I do not think he played at all????????????????????????????

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns Beat Kent St.

I don't think we saw it yet. Remember at Hud's press conference, when asked what type of offense he runs, his reply was he would run with what he has now and recruit to what he wants to do. I think we are seeing that right now. The future looks bright!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information