Thread: Louisiana's football coach sidelined with kidney stones

1. UL Football Louisiana's football coach sidelined with kidney stones

NEW ORLEANS Louisiana football coach Rickey Bustle missed the second day of the Sun Belt media days after a kidney stone attack.

University officials say the 52-year-old Bustle became sick during the night. He returned to Lafayette early today and went to the hospital for tests.

Bustle is in his fourth year at Louisiana

The rest of the story

KATC

2. Default Re: Louisiana's football coach sidelined with kidney stones

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Louisiana La. football coach Rickey Bustle missed the second day of the Sun Belt Conference media days after a kidney stone attack.

Bustle, 52, became sick during the night, said Daryl Cetnar, a Louisiana-Lafayette spokesman. He returned to Lafayette early Tuesday morning and went to the hospital for tests, Centar said.

Bustle is in his fourth year at Louisiana-Lafayette.

The rest of the story

Times Picayune

Homes SO Clean

3. Default Re: Louisiana's football coach sidelined with kidney stones

I don't believe in coincidence. I just hope there is no connection between Shex quitting and Bustle's sudden attack of kidney stones. Still I don't wish this on anyone because five years ago I had to be hospitalized to disolve some kidney stones. The pain began as an ache in my back, and ended with a mighty yell.

Default Re: Louisiana's football coach sidelined with kidney stones

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    I don't believe in coincidence. I just hope there is no connection between Shex quitting and Bustle's sudden attack of kidney stones. Still I don't wish this on anyone because five years ago I had to be hospitalized to disolve some kidney stones. The pain began as an ache in my back, and ended with a mighty yell.
    Bustle has had a history of Kidney stones and had one a couple of months ago so this has nothing to do with Schexnayders resignation, It is very painful but Bustle will recover quickly with any luck.

I have several stones a year.. commonplace now... probably got dehydrated after eating some cheese... CiCi's pizza usually gets me...

Is the key to stone avoidance maintaining proper hydration?

7. Default Bustle gets painful wakeup call

NEW ORLEANS - Tuesday was an eventful day for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns football coach Rickey Bustle.

It got an early start, much earlier than Bustle had in mind.

"I was sleeping, and I woke up about 4:30 with my back hurting," said Bustle, who was taking part in Sun Belt Conference Media Days activities and who knew what the pain meant.

The Cajun coach recognized the signs of a troublesome kidney stone, something he has dealt with before, so he checked out of the hotel and drove himself back to Lafayette General Hospital.

"My wife wasn't too happy with me, but I wasn't about to go to a New Orleans hospital," said Bustle, who last suffered a kidney stone episode in May.

"I'll go (back) to the hospital on Thursday and get it taken care of. When they worked on me in May, they said I had three more on the other side."

It was a surprising sight to see Bustle stride into UL's football offices Tuesday morning, since his staff didn't expect to see him until the afternoon, but he got a surprise of his own when he learned that Athletic Director Nelson Schexnayder planned to announce his resignation later in the day.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    Louisiana Gannett News Service

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Bustle gets painful wakeup call

Best wishes on coach Bustle health. Can't wait for football season.

Thread Information