Thread: Cajuns @ Texas Longhorns

Default Cajuns @ Texas Longhorns

This question might be out of the ordianary but is there any plans for a bus to carry fans to the game. They could charge x amount of $ per seat and I am sure Cajuns fan would be able to fill up a few busses. I would sure buy 3 seats. We are playing a nationally ranked team on Fox SportNet and we need to show some support. If there is nothing in the works on this is it still possible to get this done? It seems like a great idea. Please provide insite. Thanks JMVCAJUNS

UL Football Re: Cajuns @ Texas Longhorns

Damn. you and I had the same idea.

I posted a thread about this on louisiana.facebook.com (A big college yearbook / network basically)

We have a group called Ragin Cajuns and I threw out that idea like 3 days ago. One person replied that they wanted to go with a few friends. If we spread the word out enough, I'm sure we could get at least two busses full of people. I don't know if someone has this planned already or maybe someone is taking a bus and they have room for more people?

It would be awesome to show up in Texas. look who's here! It's the Ragin Cajuns. and it's 20 busses full of themm coon asses!

Haha

But seriously. what's the word on that? It sure would cut down on gas costs and we could start putting flyers around the UL campus to get the hype out there. We could call the news station up and let em know the Cajuns are going to Austin. I think this would be a great success and maybe the start of a "Road crew" minus any trips to Florida lol.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns @ Texas Longhorns

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    It would be awesome to show up in Texas. look who's here! It's the Ragin Cajuns. and it's 20 busses full of themm coon asses!
    There would be some serious fun those buses!

Default Re: Cajuns @ Texas Longhorns

I figure that at about 60 fans per bus that we should be able to get two busses full for a total of at least 120 people.I would think $50 bucks per person would seem reasonable.It is only 380 miles from Lafayette for a est driving time of 6 hours 24 minutes.The game starts at 6 p.m. and we could leave Lafayette at 8 a.m. and have plenty of time to get there.After the game is over everybody would ride back to Lafayette, thus there would be no need for a hotel to rent.I think we could do this someone just needs to get in touch with the right people and make it happen soon.Also the Cajuns should be allowed a certain amount of tickets for the game.

UL Football Re: Cajuns @ Texas Longhorns

The alumni association has set up busses before, but don't do a very good job of advertising the trips. I think they are the ones to contact.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    I figure that at about 60 fans per bus that we should be able to get two busses full for a total of at least 120 people.I would think $50 bucks per person would seem reasonable.It is only 380 miles from Lafayette for a est driving time of 6 hours 24 minutes.The game starts at 6 p.m. and we could leave Lafayette at 8 a.m. and have plenty of time to get there.After the game is over everybody would ride back to Lafayette, thus there would be no need for a hotel to rent.I think we could do this someone just needs to get in touch with the right people and make it happen soon.Also the Cajuns should be allowed a certain amount of tickets for the game.

Game tickets are $50. What do we charge for opposing fan's tickets, $15? Of course, UT has a waiting list for seats in their 85,000 seat stadium. Still, $50 is pretty expensive for an end zone seat at a college game.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    This question might be out of the ordianary but is there any plans for a bus to carry fans to the game. They could charge x amount of $ per seat and I am sure Cajuns fan would be able to fill up a few busses. I would sure buy 3 seats. We are playing a nationally ranked team on Fox SportNet and we need to show some support. If there is nothing in the works on this is it still possible to get this done? It seems like a great idea. Please provide insite. Thanks JMVCAJUNS
    I use to be a big IceGator fan and they setup buses all the time. I even had them once pick me up in Mandeville on the way to Pensacola. This would be an excellent idea Eastern Michighan and MT. I would venture most of us are not going to drive to those games.

Thread Information