Thread: UL position-by-position breakdown

1. UL Football UL position-by-position breakdown

UL position-by-position breakdown

QUARTERBACKS
    Coach Mark Hudspeth spurred quite a battle between senior Chris Masson and junior Blaine Gautier during preseason camp, suggesting neither had grabbed the position like he'd like and indicating both will play in Saturday's opener at No. 9 Oklahoma State. Masson is the better passer, Gautier the better runner. But what Hudspeth seems to care about most is who will best protect the ball — minimizing interceptions, miscues on handoffs and pressure fumbles. Versatile Brad McGuire will be UL's No. 3 QB to start the season.

RUNNING BACKS
    Conditioning and experience has Aaron Spikes ...

The rest of the story

Default Re: UL position-by-position breakdown

I noticed that Andrew Hebert is not mentioned at all at LB...but two true freshmen are. I just have to think Andrew will be in a position to get playing time this year. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I noticed that Andrew Hebert is not mentioned at all at LB...but two true freshmen are. I just have to think Andrew will be in a position to get playing time this year. Am I wrong?
    The true freshmen are much better athletes than Hebert, but Hebert is a gamer and always finds himself around the ball when it counts. It will be very interesting to see how this season will play out. This recruiting class was/is talent wise head and shoulders above anything we have ever recruited "on paper" so you may see as many as 12 freshmen getting solid playing time.

Great article again!

Thread Information