View Poll Results: What Facility enhancement will have the greatest impact for UL athletics?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Cajun Field

32 33.33%
  • UL Hotel

21 21.88%
  • Parking Tower

5 5.21%
  • Indoor Practice Facility

70 72.92%
  • Weight room Expansion

30 31.25%
  • Wet Area improvements/expansion

4 4.17%
  • Scoreboards

4 4.17%
  • Gateways into Athletic Complex

11 11.46%
  • Lourdes Park

4 4.17%
  • First Level Skyboxes

22 22.92%
  • Second Level Skyboxes Expansion

10 10.42%
  • Grass Bowl Stadium Expansion

12 12.50%
  • Complex Resurfacing

6 6.25%
  • Tigue Stands Expansion

7 7.29%
  • Cajundome

15 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cajun Field and the Athletic Complex as a whole

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    What improvement at UL over the years, happening now, or in the future has or will have the most impact on UL athletics???

Please pick the five with the greatest impact!

DaddyCajun
    I say any structure that will create a positive impression on the minds of the current and future athletes, (i.e.Cajun dome, Cajun field, indoor training facility, etc) who will wear a uniform in the primary sports for the Cajuns. If the current and future players feel that they are playing for a top notch college sporting institution.these players will perform on a top notch level! Thus putting more fans in the stands who desire to follow and support a top notch teams!

I hate to say it.but look at the money lsua&m pumps into it's primary sports in regards to arenas.it's working to attract great players, thus creating a large fan base that follows.

UL Football Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    Skyboxes = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Building NEW skyboxes on the student side would really prove to the public that the administration is in this for the long term.
    New first level(student side) are being drawn at this time! UL wants to be ready for success this go around!

DaddyCajun!

Default Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

Greatest impact seems to go thru football for D-1A programs. I think the indoor facility will have a great impact on recruiting; but for an overall impact, and I'm thinking fans/show/appeal to "bigger" conferences, building skyboxes on the student side might have the greater influence and definitely separates us from other schools wanting to move up.
    Would love to see an artist/architech drawing of what these might look like.
    Shof

What improvement at UL over the years, happening now, or in the future has or will have the most impact on UL athletics???

Please pick the five with the greatest impact!

DaddyCajun
    The pressure washing of the concrete around the UL track entrance!

Are we still in the Brainstorming/Dreaming mode????

How about an open air dome over Cajun Field.(similar to Texas Stadium)

No more rain, no more mildew, no more paint fading, & think of the possible huge concerts providing more cash in addition to the 5 or so times a year that it is used now

6. Default Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

I would have liked to see the Weight room Expansion as part of the Indoor Practice Facility.

-Use existing weight room for New offices/meeting rooms (cost not very much building already there, put up interior walls and electrical)

-Extend the Indoor facility by ONE section(minimal cost--shell of the building is NOT where the cost lies)

-Clip the basketball court off (use Cajun Dome) save $1,000,000

Parking tower with BBQ pits next to every space. Rain or shine tailgating

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

Is the present Athletic Department building constructed as a second/third story complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I would have liked to see the Weight room Expansion as part of the Indoor Practice Facility.
    Turbine, so would I and some of the coaches. It just seemed like it would make more sense. It would certainly save a whole lot of money, but like the indoor track it would cause the practice facility to cut into another practice field!!

DaddyCajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun
    Is the present Athletic Department building constructed as a second/third story complex.
    What do you mean? Are you asking if the foundation was built to hold a second or third story? I don't know, but a 3rd story would look good towering over the endzone.

UL Football Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun
    Neither, it is a one story and they are not going up anytime soon they are going out again!

DaddyCajun!

You seem like you NEED to get out to a Cajun Game SSSSSOOOONNN!!!

I guess Complex Resurfacing is out. I went by the complex today and all they did was the roads and Lourdes Park. Does this mean Lourdes Park won't happen?

They did not resurface the area where, I believe, Lourdes Park will be located. It is my understanding that Lourdes will be directly behind the bleachers on 1st base side. For that reason no new asphalt was laid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information