View Poll Results: What Facility enhancement will have the greatest impact for UL athletics?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Cajun Field

32 33.33%
  • UL Hotel

21 21.88%
  • Parking Tower

5 5.21%
  • Indoor Practice Facility

70 72.92%
  • Weight room Expansion

30 31.25%
  • Wet Area improvements/expansion

4 4.17%
  • Scoreboards

4 4.17%
  • Gateways into Athletic Complex

11 11.46%
  • Lourdes Park

4 4.17%
  • First Level Skyboxes

22 22.92%
  • Second Level Skyboxes Expansion

10 10.42%
  • Grass Bowl Stadium Expansion

12 12.50%
  • Complex Resurfacing

6 6.25%
  • Tigue Stands Expansion

7 7.29%
  • Cajundome

15 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field and the Athletic Complex as a whole

UL Football Cajun Field and the Athletic Complex as a whole

I am very happy with the idea of painting the cement border around the field vermillion. Cajun Field has taken huge strides in its look and feel over the past 5 years. Going back to the new scoreboard in 01, the cement walkway behind the south end zone, the entrance gates, the game tunnel cover, LOUISIANA painted on the press box, etc. Even with these improvements, there are still some ideas and thoughts out there. As for UL bush in the north end zone, I think we could do without a spray painted flaming fleur de lis in between the U and L. To add a professional, established look, we should instead grow the official interlocking UL logo there and do without spraypainting an image. Next, the retired numbers wall is outdated and has tremendous potential to add a dynamic look to the field. The Ragin' Cajuns painted on there is an impression of our official font from almost a decade ago. Instead, we could have letters up there attached to the cement, not painted on and in the new RAGIN' CAJUNS font. White letters with black ones behind them, creating a portruding look. The names and numbers could also be in the same material. Also, the field. There has been much experimentation with the designs on the field, so much so, it is different every year. How will we be recognized if we change our image so often? The LOUISIANA in the endzone is perfect and it needs only one thing to bring it out. When North Texas showed up for the Friday night game, I thought school would have done it, but they came close. They painted LOUISIANA in red and left the grass alone. But to look unbelievable, just imagine if we paint all the endzone red and paint LOUISIANA all white. Midfield has the best logo we have, and if we will ever want our image to grow, we have to stick with our current helmet and not change it. When you want to remember a college logo, what is the first place you think of? The football helmet - think about it - Miami, Texas, Arkansas, USC, Florida, Texas A&M. Just imagine how good looking a flag would be with our helmet logo on it. Supposedly UL doesnt want to promote that logo. Its the BEST one!

Cold Beer, Capt'n Morgan and Brisket! Bring it on gameday!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!! I can't wait till this season, I can't sleep and its July!

Default Re: The New Cajun Field

Well I haven't been able to post in a while because I've been moving but I'm glad I get to post on this one. I love everything you bring up.the idea for the Rajun Cajuns with the wall of retired #'s sounds great.

I wasn't able to go out to Cajun Field and help but from what I have seen it looks great. Thanks to everyone that went out and helped and next time I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Well I haven't been able to post in a while because I've been moving but I'm glad I get to post on this one. I love everything you bring up.the idea for the Rajun Cajuns with the wall of retired #'s sounds great.

I wasn't able to go out to Cajun Field and help but from what I have seen it looks great. Thanks to everyone that went out and helped and next time I will be there.

Can someone post pictures of the finished product that resulted from all the work this past weekend? Most of the pictures are work in progresss. How did it all come out? How does each facility look? What specifically was done at each facility? Thanks.

How about a mural image of each player under his name and number?

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    How about a mural image of each player under his name and number?
    Good idea, but it would be too busy.

These are all good ideas, but that is all they are until someone turns them into reality. The stuff that was accomplished this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was done with a lot of planning, a huge amount of labor, and very little money. It's different when you see all of this first hand. (I was there all 3 days) Gerald Hebert works his arse off to get this stuff done at very little cost to the University. Putting ideas on this board is great, but to try and get the stuff done is a different story. Plans are already starting for next year's work days. Ideas should be forwarded to Gerald. He starts working way ahead of time to get all of the supplies donated. It gets really exciting when you realize that even a poor smuck like me can have an effect on what goes on just by understanding the process. Next year we could be working on the new indoor practice facility & the following year we could be working on luxury boxes over the student side of the football stadium (wired with fiber). Man, I really get excited about this stuff!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    These are all good ideas, but that is all they are until someone turns them into reality. The stuff that was accomplished this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday was done with a lot of planning, a huge amount of labor, and very little money. It's different when you see all of this first hand. (I was there all 3 days) Gerald Hebert works his arse off to get this stuff done at very little cost to the University. Putting ideas on this board is great, but to try and get the stuff done is a different story. Plans are already starting for next year's work days. Ideas should be forwarded to Gerald. He starts working way ahead of time to get all of the supplies donated. It gets really exciting when you realize that even a poor smuck like me can have an effect on what goes on just by understanding the process. Next year we could be working on the new indoor practice facility & the following year we could be working on luxury boxes over the student side of the football stadium (wired with fiber). Man, I really get excited about this stuff!!!!
    If we continue gaining momentum with football successes, your "schedule" of the following year to work on luxury boxes would be right on target. If we can gain steady increases in attendance (lets say 23-24K this year; then 25-27K the next) then we can truely say we're ready for that next step. And a HUGE one it would be!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    Let's start with something simple and doable. Change the name of the stadium from Cajun Field to Louisiana Stadium. We can call the field, Cajun Field. I would love to name the field something like "Tabasco Field" if they become a major sponsor of enlarging the stadium or building suites. Let's have our field named after (arguably) the most recognized product in the world. Can Gerald go after Tabasco as a major sponsor (like Troy University did wth their stadium/field)?

We need to do more to capture the Louisiana name. Renaming the stadium before ULM or another school does is paramount. While we are at it, lets change the name of Cajundome Blvd. to Louisiana Blvd. We need to better capture our identity as The University of Louisiana.

I much rather a Louisiana Ragin Cajuns or simply Ragin' Cajuns flag over the UL Lafayette flag. Anyone know where I can get either of the Ragin cajuns flags?

But it has to be the logo with the Louisiana on top of the ragin cajuns and not the hot wheels logo.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiKapCajun
    I am very happy with the idea of painting the cement border around the field vermillion. Cajun Field has taken huge strides in its look and feel over the past 5 years. Going back to the new scoreboard in 01, the cement walkway behind the south end zone, the entrance gates, the game tunnel cover, LOUISIANA painted on the press box, etc. Even with these improvements, there are still some ideas and thoughts out there. As for UL bush in the north end zone, I think we could do without a spray painted flaming fleur de lis in between the U and L. To add a professional, established look, we should instead grow the official interlocking UL logo there and do without spraypainting an image. Next, the retired numbers wall is outdated and has tremendous potential to add a dynamic look to the field. The Ragin' Cajuns painted on there is an impression of our official font from almost a decade ago. Instead, we could have letters up there attached to the cement, not painted on and in the new RAGIN' CAJUNS font. White letters with black ones behind them, creating a portruding look. The names and numbers could also be in the same material. Also, the field. There has been much experimentation with the designs on the field, so much so, it is different every year. How will we be recognized if we change our image so often? The LOUISIANA in the endzone is perfect and it needs only one thing to bring it out. When North Texas showed up for the Friday night game, I thought school would have done it, but they came close. They painted LOUISIANA in red and left the grass alone. But to look unbelievable, just imagine if we paint all the endzone red and paint LOUISIANA all white. Midfield has the best logo we have, and if we will ever want our image to grow, we have to stick with our current helmet and not change it. When you want to remember a college logo, what is the first place you think of? The football helmet - think about it - Miami, Texas, Arkansas, USC, Florida, Texas A&M. Just imagine how good looking a flag would be with our helmet logo on it. Supposedly UL doesnt want to promote that logo. Its the BEST one!

Cold Beer, Capt'n Morgan and Brisket! Bring it on gameday!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!! I can't wait till this season, I can't sleep and its July!
    Do not forget the TV's throughout the stadium and the remodeled "old scoreboard" that provides messages and scores!!!!

The last of the 4 gateways will be built prior to the first HOME game!!! Also 5 gateways into the Athletic Complex will be constructed!!

Quote Originally Posted by SugarLandCajun
    Let's start with something simple and doable. Change the name of the stadium from Cajun Field to Louisiana Stadium. We can call the field, Cajun Field. I would love to name the field something like "Tabasco Field" if they become a major sponsor of enlarging the stadium or building suites. Let's have our field named after (arguably) the most recognized product in the world. Can Gerald go after Tabasco as a major sponsor (like Troy University did wth their stadium/field)?

We need to do more to capture the Louisiana name. Renaming the stadium before ULM or another school does is paramount. While we are at it, lets change the name of Cajundome Blvd. to Louisiana Blvd. We need to better capture our identity as The University of Louisiana.
    That is some good idea'sNice post

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns
    I much rather a Louisiana Ragin Cajuns or simply Ragin' Cajuns flag over the UL Lafayette flag. Anyone know where I can get either of the Ragin cajuns flags?

But it has to be the logo with the Louisiana on top of the ragin cajuns and not the hot wheels logo.
    LA Hot Stuff had the flag with the logo that you use in your post. I've also found some n various internet websites last year. I don't have the sites bookmarked anymore but I did Google searches for topics liek "football tailgating" and 'Ragin Cajun Fan Gear".

Poll Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

What improvement at UL over the years, happening now, or in the future has or will have the most impact on UL athletics???

Please pick the five with the greatest impact!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    What improvement at UL over the years, happening now, or in the future has or will have the most impact on UL athletics???

Please pick the five with the greatest impact!

DaddyCajun
    Skyboxes = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Building NEW skyboxes on the student side would really prove to the public that the administration is in this for the long term.

Default Re: Facility Enhancement with greatest impact!(multiple choice)Pick 5

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN

Building NEW skyboxes on the student side would really prove to the public that the administration is in this for the long term.

Exactly I voted the same!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information