Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

Default From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

In the shameless self-promotion department.

http://espn1420.com/from-the-birds-n.fferently-now/

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Congrats, Bird.

While I would like to try it I don't think I would stand a chance telling my wife that it was my job to watch as many college football games as I can.

Congrats.

This is so COOL Re: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

Congratulations Jay! What a great honor. I know you will take it seriously and do a great job. Apparently the "word from the Bird" is getting around the country!!!

5. Default Re: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

This poll needs someone watching from the Bird's Nest.

Congrats.

ps Your opinion always "matters" with me Jay, it's your facts I doubted.

6. Default Re: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This poll needs someone watching from the Bird's Nest.

Congrats.

ps Your opinion always "matters" with me Jay, it's your facts I doubted.
    Congrats Jay Bird----But do not forget your primary reason for being on this Earth is to call Cajun Wins!!!!!! LOL

Shameless??? I have never known you to have shame!!!

Congratulation Jay Bird, now we have someone we know to blame

Ragin' Cajuns Re: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

Hemadeit hemadeit hemadeit!!

WAY TO GEAUX JAY!! CONGRATS!!!

So should we expect to the Cajuns in the "other teams receiving votes" category?

Congrats!!

Jay, I voted on various things - the Heisman, AP men's basketball poll and All-American committee, FWAA All-America committee and nearly every major college football and basketball award - but I didn't vote on the AP college football poll. (If I had, my head probably would have exploded.)

Congrats to you! Watching games will be a little different - and more stressful, too - moving forward, but it's a great honor!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

i'm just curious, but do they choose any non-media types to vote in these polls. they sure couldn't make things any worse.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Congrats Jay. Now you have something to do outside of your 3 hour work day. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    i'm just curious, but do they choose any non-media types to vote in these polls. they sure couldn't make things any worse.
    Ya didnt read the blog did ya?

14. Default Re: From the Bird's Nest: I guess I'll watch football differently, now

The panel is made up mostly of former coaches, players and administrators. They make up about 70 percent of the 115-voter panel. The other 30% are media members. The USA Today poll has 59 voters, all current coaches.

Congrats!

One other criteria to consider: consistency.

Teams that play up for a strong opponent and down for a weak one smack of poor discipline, IMHO. I suspect that such teams comprise lazy, but talented, players, and coaches who do not instil discipline.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information