Thread: (Tentative) TV picks up 2 more UL games

1. UL Football (Tentative) TV picks up 2 more UL games

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns have moved the dates of two games on their 2005 football schedule, alterations for television that have been noted on the school's athletic Web site but have not yet been announced.

The fifth contest of the season, a home game that opens Sun Belt Conference action against Florida Atlantic at Cajun Field, will be switched to Thursday, Oct. 6 at 7 p.m. after originally been slated for Saturday, Oct. 8.

UL's sixth game, the following week, at Arkansas State in Jonesboro also has been moved up to Thursday, going from the Oct. 15 to the 13th in Jonesboro, Ark., with a 6:30 p.m. kickoff.

"We are making changes to move those games for TV," said Chris Jackson, assistant commissioner of the Sun Belt Conference. "We will not release those changes as a league until Media Day (July 25), but the schools are welcomed to release as soon as they are confirmed.

"All the changes should be totally confirmed pretty soon."

"As far as I know, it's not definite yet," said UL coach Rickey Bustle when informed of the Web site notations. "The last time I heard, it sounded like there was a good chance of it.

"What I'm understanding is that we may be on TV five or six times this season, including Texas (Sept. 3). I think UL-Monroe wants to get our game (Nov. 19 at ULM) on TV, and Florida International (Nov. 12 at Cajun Field) is trying to get that game sent back to Miami."

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: (Tentative) TV picks up 2 more UL games

this is great news. but TV or not, we still have to fill the Swamp this year. I love the road games being televised. I was in Austin this past weekend. Their stadium is HUGE.

I love a good Thursday game!

Just win you finish one, bam your back at cajun field!

UL Football Re: (Tentative) TV picks up 2 more UL games

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl
    this is great news. but TV or not, we still have to fill the Swamp this year. I love the road games being televised. I was in Austin this past weekend. Their stadium is HUGE.
    This gives me the opportunity to go to the Ark St game being that it will be on a Thursday!! I work weekends, not during game time on Saturdays though!!

Daddy Cajun

From a selfish point, it sucks because I can't make it in for the thursday night game; but its great for the program. Oh well, I'll just have to watch this game on the tube.

6. Default Re: (Tentative) TV picks up 2 more UL games

Heres a question, what channel will it be on. I keep reading that its gonna be on TV, but it always says only that. Are we talking about ESPN, ESPN2, ESPPNU, FoxSports, UPN, ESPN 8 (The Ocho), or where. How many people see the game is always important.

Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    Heres a question, what channel will it be on. I keep reading that its gonna be on TV, but it always says only that. Are we talking about ESPN, ESPN2, ESPPNU, FoxSports, UPN, ESPN 8 (The Ocho), or where. How many people see the game is always important.

Tuffguy
    This is just my opinion, but I think moving a game to a weekday is only worth it if it's on ESPN or ESPN2.

Games being aired on tv is just another great way to get the UL name out there.

Thread Information