Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Edwards Makes First Trip Back to Acadiana

1. Default Edwards Makes First Trip Back to Acadiana

A story of politics, friendship, and a birthday party; former Governor Edwin Edwards making his first trip back to Acadiana Sunday night.

Music, dancing, and good food is key to any Cajun birthday party in Acadiana, but at Pat's Fisherman's Warf in Henderson, it was one heck of a party for Pat Huval the owner of Pat's, and the first ever mayor of Henderson. What's a party without good friends, in this case, the Cajun Prince himself and Huval's good friend, Edwin Edwards.
    "Every time he comes down here he likes the crawfish bisque and he comes in and eats," said Pat Huval.
    In fact, Huval and Edwards have known each other for forty five years, and while still in prison, Edwards made a promise he wouldn't miss Huval's 82-nd birthday.
    "He said to me, I want to live long enough to have you out of prison and at my birthday party next year. I said, well you just live because I'm getting out of prison and here we are today and I'm very happy to be here," said Edwards.
    Huval got his wish, so what about the governor? Still on his radar, renewed calls on-line for a presidential pardon for all that time he served in prison, but does the governor think he'll get that wish?
    "I doubt seriously that it would happen now, but I certainly appreciate the effort that is ongoing to get it done," said Edwards.
    Chris Welty
    cwelty@katctv.com

Permalink| Comments

Homes SO Clean

2. Default Crowley - Gov. Edwards comes home

CROWLEY - For the first time since his release from federal prison, former La. Governor Edwin Edwards and his glamorous wife Trina made a public appearance in the town where he began his political .

Homes SO Clean

3. Default Edwin Edwards returns home to Crowley

CROWLEY - For the first time since his release from federal prison, former La. Governor Edwin Edwards and his glamorous wife Trina made a public appearance in the town where he began his political .

Homes SO Clean

4. Default Re: Edwin Edwards returns home to Crowley

Who sang this song? "Take the Long Way Home."

Default Re: Edwin Edwards returns home to Crowley

A standing ovation. Wow.

6. Default Edwin Edwards returns to Abbeville for book signing

Former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards is no stranger to Vermilion Parish over the last 40 years during his tenure in Louisiana politics. Sunday evening he returned to the parish to sign copies .

Homes SO Clean

7. Default Edwin Edwards returns to Abbeville for book signing

Former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards is no stranger to Vermilion Parish, having visited the area many times during the last 40 years of his tenure in Louisiana politics. Sunday evening he retu.

Homes SO Clean

8. Default Crowley - Edwin Edwards biography gains national recognition

BATON ROUGE – Louisiana’s political best seller, Edwin Edwards, Governor of Louisiana, An Authorized Biography by Leo Honeycutt, will be featured nationally New Year’s Day on CSPAN’s popular “Book .

Homes SO Clean

9. Default Former Gov. Edwin Edwards speaks about education reform to Kaplan chamber member

KAPLAN - When former Gov. Edwin Edwards stood in front of the Kaplan Area Chamber of Commerce and spoke, it sounded like he was giving a campaign speech. He touched on everything from the future o.

Homes SO Clean

10. Default Edwin Edwards in Acadiana - KLFY.com

The always charismatic former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards was in Kaplan Tuesday acting as guest speaker for the Chamber of Commerce's annual luncheon. Edwards was released from prison in January of last year and has since hit the ground running with a .

Homes SO Clean

11. Default 84-year-old Edwin Edwards stuns Erath crowd with news he wants to have baby with

ERATH - During Edwin Edwards, the former Louisiana governor, “ thank you” speech after being inducted into the Order of Living Legends in the Acadian Museum, Edwards stunned the crowd and his wife .

Homes SO Clean

12. Default HUDvertising

Think I have coined a new term here---But I think that more than any other figure since Dudley LeBlanc with Hadacal or Edwin Edwards that HUD owns Acadiana---We need to saturate the airways with a couple of HUD ads to go get a ticket ---We have 3 weeks left so lets go and push this!!!! Don't forget---HUDvertise!!!!

Default Re: HUDvertising

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Think I have coined a new term here---But I think that more than any other figure since Dudley LeBlanc with Hadacal or Edwin Edwards that HUD owns Acadiana---We need to saturate the airways with a couple of HUD ads to go get a ticket ---We have 3 weeks left so lets go and push this!!!! Don't forget---HUDvertise!!!!
    Take for what you ask for Boom; when he leaves we have to recruit against him .

Default Re: HUDvertising

Leave? He will never leave!.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    +1

Take notes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information