Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

1. Default Cajuns assistant involved in suit

David Saunders, who worked at Ole Miss on three occasions, has filed a notice of claim, seeking $250,000. Saunders, now the linebackers coach at UL, says coach Houston Nutt wanted to hire him full-time but athletic director Pete Boone denied him employment because of Saunders' work helping athletes with learning disabilities be admitted to the school.

The rest of the story
    archive deleted by Advertiser

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

Wow. This could get serious for Ole Miss if Coach Saunders' allegations are true. At any rate, I'm glad UL has another good SEC coach on staff!!

Default Re: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

Oops.

4. Default Re: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    David Saunders, who worked at Ole Miss on three occasions, has filed a notice of claim, seeking $250,000. Saunders, now the linebackers coach at UL, says coach Houston Nutt wanted to hire him full-time but athletic director Pete Boone denied him employment because of Saunders' work helping athletes with learning disabilities be admitted to the school.

The rest of the story
    archive deleted by Advertiser
    These are not the actions of someone with something to hide.

Good way to get people going after you.

What does the Advertiser need to protect?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Wow. This could get serious for Ole Miss if Coach Saunders' allegations are true. At any rate, I'm glad UL has another good SEC coach on staff!!
    Looks like it's gotten serious for us too.

7. Default Re: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

And we hired a guy who was terminated for cause as a coach. Doesn't seem like there are many acceptable for cause exemptions.

How does a college coach help get high school kids to pass ACT? This is a red flag. We're color blind?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And we hired a guy who was terminated for cause as a coach. Doesn't seem like there are many acceptable for cause exemptions.

How does a college coach help get high school kids to pass ACT? This is a red flag. We're color blind?
    It happens AT EVERY SCHOOL. There are "programs" in place. Some test the boundaries more than others. Do I think it's impossible that anyone else knew what was happening? No, it's not impossible. But don't be naive, no matter side of this you fall on.

9. Default Re: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

I don't think Hud, David Walker, or T Joe had a clue. Doesn't mean the clues were obscure.

10. Default Re: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

My only real question at this point is, why was Hud so intent on Saunders being part of the staff, continuing to recruit even after the initial contact was made by NCAA, and why did he defend Saunders so veamently when he was asked to leave the program? The admin asked David Saunders to leave AFTER it was clear he was guilty of some impropriety. And Hudspeth was ____ed, not because Saunders screwed us, but because he had to leave

No one can answer these questions for me.

11. Default Re: Cajuns assistant involved in suit

I don't think Hud knew about the real reason for his firing. That's between the university and the employee. He had been removed from recruiting on the initial notice. He was fired when he refused to cooperate with the investigation.

I mean maybe Hud should have been able to interpret the obvious clues. Nobody in the media seems to have caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It happens AT EVERY SCHOOL. There are "programs" in place. Some test the boundaries more than others. Do I think it's impossible that anyone else knew what was happening? No, it's not impossible. But don't be naive, no matter side of this you fall on.
    The problem is.we took the idiot who couldn't stay employed doing this at an untouchable SEC legacy school. I know what Hud was trying to do. Beat the big boys at THEIR game. SMU couldn't do it. Neither can we.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The problem is.we took the idiot who couldn't stay employed doing this at an untouchable SEC legacy school. I know what Hud was trying to do. Beat the big boys at THEIR game. SMU couldn't do it. Neither can we.
    So you think Hud knew the fix, and was mad that he was losing the edge that Saunders brought?

Btw, I completely reject the idea that Hud didn't know the true nature of Saunders' doings after he was asked to leave the program. Has a secret of this magnitude ever been kept in this town? Somebody's wife, mistress, daughter, secretary or whatever said something.

So you think Hud knew the fix, and was mad that he was losing the edge that Saunders brought?

Btw, I completely reject the idea that Hud didn't know the true nature of Saunders' doings after he was asked to leave the program. Has a secret of this magnitude ever been kept in this town? Somebody's wife, mistress, daughter, secretary or whatever said something.
    this.

I don't think Hud was mad he was losing Saunders, maybe he was mad when he figured out what he got in Saunders. If Houston Nutt wouldn't hire him.coaches know exactly what Saunders was doing. I think Hud fired him when he realized why Nutt didn't hire him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information