View Poll Results: What 11 teams would you like to see in a 12 team conference with LOUISIANA?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • LA TECH

79 86.81%
  • NEW MEXICO STATE

8 8.79%
  • UTEP

15 16.48%
  • NORTH TEXAS

81 89.01%
  • HOUSTON

82 90.11%
  • RICE

81 89.01%
  • BAYLOR

45 49.45%
  • TULSA

34 37.36%
  • SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI

83 91.21%
  • ARKANSAS STATE

47 51.65%
  • UAB

63 69.23%
  • UL-MONROE

28 30.77%
  • MEMPHIS

61 67.03%
  • MIDDLE TENNESSEE

54 59.34%
  • TROY STATE

68 74.73%
  • CENTRAL FLORIDA

24 26.37%
  • TULANE

78 85.71%
  • MARSHALL

17 18.68%
  • FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

12 13.19%
  • FLORIDA ATLANTIC

14 15.38%
  • Arkansas Little Rock

13 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who would you like to see in a conference with UL?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Who would you like to see in a conference with UL?

I tend to go to the East in Football.

The graphics are wonderful.

2005 is the Begining of the Rest of the Life of Cajun Football

Default Re: Who would you like to see in a conference with UL?

I would figure there would be more votes for Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by LatvianCajun
    I would figure there would be more votes for Monroe.
    Ha! Not so, my fine Latvian friend! The Monrovians don't have a lot of support here, not that they have many enemies, just not much support. We don't have as strong a history between the 2 schools. Most of our FB games have been in the past 30 or so years. Unlike LA Tech, or even Northwestern State and McNeese, we never really developed much sense of a rivalry with them. They always seemed to be more of "another game on the schedule" sort of game. Now that we stand to have the chance to develop that into a good rivalry, the name-issue just seems to get in the way far too much for most Cajun fans to want to pursue it. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    Ha! Not so, my fine Latvian friend! The Monrovians don't have a lot of support here, not that they have many enemies, just not much support. We don't have as strong a history between the 2 schools. Most of our FB games have been in the past 30 or so years. Unlike LA Tech, or even Northwestern State and McNeese, we never really developed much sense of a rivalry with them. They always seemed to be more of "another game on the schedule" sort of game. Now that we stand to have the chance to develop that into a good rivalry, the name-issue just seems to get in the way far too much for most Cajun fans to want to pursue it. Just my opinion.
    Concur! With the two schools now being in the same conference, it will be more difficult to "separate", if you will, and become know as "UL" vice "UL-L", etc. If we can't get out own conference to recognize us as "UL", it will be difficult to gain additional support outside of the Lafayette area. Outside of this, I don't think too many folk have a problem playing them.

sOUTH
    LOUISIANA
    LA TECH
    NEW MEXICO STATE
    HOUSTON
    RICE
    FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

nORTH
    NORTH TEXAS
    ARKANSAS STATE
    UL-MONROE
    MIDDLE TENNESSEE
    TROY STATE
    Arkansas Little Rock

I kept FIU, because I just love playing against them.... always a fun game to pick on those players. I personally like the history between New Mexico State and UL. I tried to make the conference localized, which would hurt the outliers I guess...

UL Football Re: Who would you like to see in a conference with UL?

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    sOUTH
    LOUISIANA
    LA TECH
    NEW MEXICO STATE
    HOUSTON
    RICE
    FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL

nORTH
    NORTH TEXAS
    ARKANSAS STATE
    UL-MONROE
    MIDDLE TENNESSEE
    TROY STATE
    Arkansas Little Rock

I kept FIU, because I just love playing against them.... always a fun game to pick on those players. I personally like the history between New Mexico State and UL. I tried to make the conference localized, which would hurt the outliers I guess...

Monroe, Little Rock, Florida Intl, and New Mexico State I would have to throw out. Monroe just does not have the appeal to me overall(although I like their school as I have many friends that have graduated from there) the other schools are just TOO far away especially with rising gas prices.

DaddyCajun

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Monroe, Little Rock, Florida Intl, and New Mexico State I would have to throw out. Monroe just does not have the appeal to me overall(although I like their school as I have many friends that have graduated from there) the other schools are just TOO far away especially with rising gas prices.

DaddyCajun
    I hear ya DaddyCajun! I just can't give up FIU lol... maybe we could still schedule a game with them in that case??? I always have fun when FIU comes to town.

I'd keep Monroe because I like battle for the true Louisiana name. Which in my opinion we own!

I don't think a 12-team conference will be used as a model when realignment comes again. The BCS conferences benefit from a championship game but I don't think it would be as beneficial for a non-BCS conference. My dream conference...

Houston
    Rice
    N. Texas
    SMU
    UL
    La Tech
    Tulane
    S. Miss
    and one of the following: UAB, Troy, Tulsa

A 9-team conference I feel would be ideal for scheduling in all sports not to mention fans being able to travel....

If you wanted a rendition of the SWC then substitute TCU, UTEP and maybe NMSU for some of the eastern schools.

9. Default Re: Who would you like to see in a conference with UL?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore
    A 9-team conference I feel would be ideal for scheduling in all sports not to mention fans being able to travel....
    Along those lines an 11 team conference with no divisions 2 rivalry opponents (play every year) and the other 8 teams alternate 4x2 years

Any Of You That Have Not Signed In Yet On This Board But Read Post From Time To Time, Sign In. You Are Missing A Whole Lot Of Nice Pics That You Can Only See When Logged In And You Could Participate In The Polls Like This One, So Sign On Up!!!!!!!!!

Daddycajun!!

11. Default Re: Who would you like to see in a conference with UL?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Great post CajunRebel, I must say a very well thought out post and very true in reguards to traveling and rivalries!!!

DaddyCajun!!
    I think that your East and West are messed up!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information