Thread: Scot Wieland on tap to be next Lady Cajuns Soccer Head Coach

1. UL Soccer Scot Wieland on tap to be next Lady Cajuns Soccer Head Coach

LOUISIANA L. - Scot Wieland, who guided the Belmont Abbey College women’s soccer team to three undefeated regular season conference championships over the past six years, has been named the new head coach of the University of Louisiana's women’s soccer program, director of athletics Nelson Schexnayder announced Saturday.

Wieland replaces program-founder Dave Poggi who is leaving the University effective June 30. His hiring is pending approval from the University of Louisiana Board of Trustees.

Wieland becomes the second head coach in the history of the program since its inception in 2000. He inherits a team that posted a school-record seven victories in 2004 and had a 2005 recruiting class which was ranked No. 21 in the Central Region and No. 78 in the nation amongst all Division I schools by Soccer Buzz Magazine.

“I am really excited about this opportunity that has been given to me by athletics director Nelson Schexnayder and the University of Louisiana (at Lafayette),” Wieland said. “I am looking forward to meeting the team and getting started on a great season and career as a Ragin’ Cajun.

“The program has made great strides in its short history and I am eager to continue its progress toward the goal a conference championship and NCAA bid,” Wieland added. “If the eagerness of the returning players and 2005 recruits is any measuring stick, I foresee great things to come for Ragin’ Cajuns soccer.”

Winning matches and conference championships is something Wieland is all too familiar with.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA SI

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana Chooses Scot Wieland as next Lady Cajuns Soccer Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy

LOUISIANA L. - Scot Wieland, who guided the Belmont Abbey College women’s soccer team to three undefeated regular season conference championships over the past six years, has been named the new head coach of the University of Louisiana's women’s soccer program, director of athletics Nelson Schexnayder announced Saturday.

The Stone Temple Pilots loss is UL's gain

Welcome Scott!!

Z.

Default Re: Louisiana Chooses Scot Wieland as next Lady Cajuns Soccer Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21

Welcome Scott!!

Z.

YEAH !!!!

Hell Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21

Welcome Scott!!

Z.
    Does this mean we're all going to be on smack again?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

This guy looks like he has some very good credentials.now we can go ahead and win the sunbelt at 1 more sport

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    This guy looks like he has some very good credentials.now we can go ahead and win the sunbelt at 1 more sport
    Our last coach also had great credentials and we let him go.Sure hope they give him a fair shot

8. UL Soccer Re: Louisiana Chooses Scot Wieland as next Lady Cajuns Soccer Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    Our last coach also had great credentials and we let him go.Sure hope they give him a fair shot
    Scot Wieland will be given a fair shot. If you read the personal experiences of others with Poggi it may provide some insight into why he was terminated.

Thread Information