Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Black helmet

Default Re: Black pants and black helmets

Well my post was sarcastic. Lets just take it easy a little. It's not like this was the main discussion. Also most people complained about the unis early on. I think it's ok to at least talk about wearing these unis since it was a school first. Its still not the biggest source of talk

Clearly this victory was spoiled by wearing black

2. Default Re: Black helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Travis Smothers, played RB (perhaps another position) here under Bustle.
    Yes and saw him bring an opening KO back in Las Cruces!!!!!

Default Re: Black helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    Warrick Dunn anouncing, hasn't said anything about his brother playing for us.

Black helmets, black pants, annouced that 1st time in school history wearing black helmets & pants.

Team has come a long way. Need to come back even stronger in 2nd half.
    Can't be bias.that's why. Blaine and Efferm won his award in Baton Rouge and his brother was a RB. All three Cajuns. Actually, I have ran into Dunn at a couple games while Travis was playing. Dunn never wanted to attract any attention.

Butt ugly. Training and preparation has to do with winning, not black helmets. Great win with dumb uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim LeBlanc View Post
    Butt ugly. Training and preparation has to do with winning, not black helmets. Great win with dumb uni.
    Yes and no, the black helmets and pants were a symbol of the idea that this game was different and it meant a lot. Its like when Georgia breaks out the all black uniforms or like the green jerseys for Notre Dame. The uniforms didn't play the game, but I don't doubt that it had something to do with changing the mindset of that this was "any other game on the schedule"

Quote Originally Posted by Tim LeBlanc View Post
    Tim, you can be comforted in knowing that your tastes for our uniforms is likely a bit "Off" and thankfully has nothing to do with our success on the field. The uniforms looked pretty good last night, especially the black helmet. That was sweet.

I dont care if we wear pink. We are 3-1, 1-0 in conference. We just beat the "best team in the conference". FIU was getting Top 25 votes this past week. We went into their house and came out with the W.

Does it really matter if our helmets were black?

Name:  blk (2).jpg
Views: 357
Size:  135.3 KB

9. Default Re: Black pants and black helmets

I didn't think FIU's uniforms were all that.

Must be the winning that makes them look good.

10. Default Re: Black pants and black helmets

This could be the dumbest question ever asked on here----Did they paint the old helmets or do they have 2 sets of helmets????? Either way pretty expensive!!! And do they practice in their game helmet??? I was told that in the Baldwin trial it was brought up that the players weren't given new jock straps and the women of the jury thought that they were not washed---well this really was not fair to Baldwin not enough money spent---hope there can be no new trial so he can complain now about helmets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    This could be the dumbest question ever asked on here----Did they paint the old helmets or do they have 2 sets of helmets????? Either way pretty expensive!!! And do they practice in their game helmet??? I was told that in the Baldwin trial it was brought up that the players weren't given new jock straps and the women of the jury thought that they were not washed---well this really was not fair to Baldwin not enough money spent---hope there can be no new trial so he can complain now about helmets!!!
    new trial set for oct. 31.

Default Re: Black helmets

Imagine how many recruits we landed with the black helmets

gonna be sweeeeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    You're kidding? This crap is going back to trial? Tell the university to call some of us as witnesses as fans and financial donors. We can give a perspective as to why he wasn't getting money. What a jackass.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Please wait till UL is 4-1 before you tell an an April fools joke.

Oh, I get it, 10-31 it's a trick.

Before the season, I bad mouthed our new uniforms. I now have to admit that the alll white uniforms look good and the black and white look great. Most important of all, we won.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information