Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Black helmet

Default Black helmet

So are we getting one or no? I personally hope we do.

https://forumeus.com/.t=black+helmet

Default Re: Black helmet

Parrott quote " From what I was told last night, the new uniforms will incorporate more black (with vermilion) as well as the fleur de lis. The Cajuns will also have black helmets. I'd expect the unveiling to come." I wonder who told Parrott about black helmets?

Poll Re: Black helmet

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Parrott quote " From what I was told last night, the new uniforms will incorporate more black (with vermilion) as well as the fleur de lis. The Cajuns will also have black helmets. I'd expect the unveiling to come." I wonder who told Parrott about black helmets?
    Exactly- white jerseys weren't holding helmets- wonder if the black ones just aren't in yet.

This is so COOL Re: Black helmet

When will you people be satisfied with the black that was unveiled already? I feel like the BP Horizon just EXPLODED all over again on our uniforms as it is. Please keep our heads above water and say they won't be drenched in Black. I hope the black helmets were a joke. Unless you get some petition going around to officially change the school colors to include black, I see no purpose to include black as the majority color on a piece of the uniform that should stay TRUE to school colors no matter what the uniform looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not going to reveal my sources.

Rumor is there will be black helmets but will probably be used for a special ocassion this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post

Rumor is there will be black helmets but will probably be used for a special ocassion this season.
    Like the bowl game. AM I RIGHT?
    (Preseason optimism is the best kind of optimism.)

Where was all this opposition to black being in the uniforms when the baseball and basketball team did it? It has already been stated on here that vermilion has not been used since like the 70's and red took it's place. I thought the black helmet looked fine. Would I have picked that? No. I think (other than winning ballgames) we need to focus on a marketable logo that DOES NOT have Lafayette in it so we can market our program and generate money for it through sales of quality, good looking Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns merchandise. If these new uniforms and/or a black helmet help do that great.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthlandPride View Post
    When will you people be satisfied with the black that was unveiled already? I feel like the BP Horizon just EXPLODED all over again on our uniforms as it is. Please keep our heads above water and say they won't be drenched in Black. I hope the black helmets were a joke. Unless you get some petition going around to officially change the school colors to include black, I see no purpose to include black as the majority color on a piece of the uniform that should stay TRUE to school colors no matter what the uniform looks like.

Don't you get it?

We are trying to be the first university in history to market ourselves without a primary NAME, LOGO, COLOR SCHEME, or UNIFORM.

Think it'll work?

We are an amorphous blob.

We should just add another mascot. A discolored amoeba with no name.

??Name:  redblob.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  7.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Don't you get it?

We are trying to be the first university in history to market ourselves without a primary NAME, LOGO, COLOR SCHEME, or UNIFORM.

Think it'll work?

New poll should be added for the new mascot.

The Chimera
    The Blob
    The Doppleganger
    A CopyCat (which could be the most realistic as in physical presence)
    A Chameleon

I'm going to just have to suck it up and chalk this as a loss this season. Should UL begin to be the winning team we ALL hope for, I pray the uni revert back to a TRUE tradition style, Not this metro _____ Eye for the Straight Guy style they've got goin on.

Bring on OSU!

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post

JP is right we will be getting black helmets and maybe jerseys to I know cause I know 2 people in the program and one I am related to

Im thinking the black helmet will show for either homecoming or ULM game maybe troy. I have no inside scoop, didnt talk to a guy who waited on a guy or have a very "reliable source". But i figure, they wouldnt have made a black helmet if they didnt intend on wearing them. Jmo

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Don't you get it?

Think it'll work?

What about it "has to work"? You are going overboard with this. You must be one fastidious dresser. Does the axis of the Earth shift when we sport black helmets? I just don't get it. I'm one big time vermillion and white supporter. but if the occasion calls for a black tie. this little fella sports his black tie. Who in the world made "black" off limits in any dress code whatsoever? I'm getting tired of this ____. Black is a very nice accessory to anything. I sometimes wear a vermillion bow tie, a white Stetson. and absolutely nothing else besides a pair of black leather chaps. and I'm smokin hot. just ask all of the old ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You are going overboard with this. I'm getting tired of this ____.
    This sums it up on both sides of the argument, this wont die either. Ragin Pagin is but a small portion of the UL fan base that is out there. I for one can't wait to talk to fans outside Cajun field for our first game to get more opinions on the matter.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Black helmet

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    Im thinking the black helmet will show for either homecoming or ULM game maybe troy.
    I'm slowly cooling down over this black cr/\p bit by bit, but don't you think homecoming would be a game that you'd Want to utilize school colors the most? I'd prefer they be treat of sorts. If you do good then you get to wear the "pretty" black uniform gear. (aka bowl game)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information