Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Uniforms

Default Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Given Josh's description, I would guess less yellow, and fleurs de lis at the hip, and maybe one or two other places (in the V of the collar, or sleeve). They may even start wearing black shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    No tri-fleur. Just one.
    I like this look.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    From what I was told last night, the new uniforms will incorporate more black (with vermilion) as well as the fleur de lis. The Cajuns will also have black helmets. I'd expect the unveiling to come at next week's Media Day, which is Wednesday.

Doesn't sound too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Given Josh's description, I would guess less yellow, and fleurs de lis at the hip, and maybe one or two other places (in the V of the collar, or sleeve). They may even start wearing black shoes.
    Josh? Is Parrott back on the staff.?

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    my bad if your talking about a previous article Go Cajuns!

No, but he still has his connections, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Ok, I am assuming we get new uniforms every year? Is there a cost to changing our olf design for the new design?
    Are the Helmets gonna be black, if so, HERE is where I don't go along with HUD, we don't need to be spending any more money on 3 different helmets, 5 different jerseys, 5 different pants. Now if the are free, I won't complain, but if we have Black uniforms, I OBJECT, OUR COLORS ARE NOT BLACK AND WHITE, OR BLACK, WHITE AND RED, WE ARE NOT TEXAS TECH. iF OUR COLORS WERE BLACK, RED AND WHITE, I WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM. What's wrong with our traditional colors?
    Sorry, is this Athletic program like our fed government spending money we don't really have on unnecessary items.
    Guys, I bleed Vermilion Red and White. Black trim, I could live with, but not BLACK HELMETS.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    Vermilion Red and White
    RABLE RABLE RABLE RABLE colors!

Quote Originally Posted by ynkfan42 View Post
    RABLE RABLE RABLE RABLE colors!
    I bleed black.

I really like the idea of the black helmet i have see before. CC

My new little picture was taken at a display at Stines in Youngsville. They have the right idea.

CC

Nope. Still keep in touch with many sources, though.

Nope. Still keep in touch with many sources, though.
    Josh,
    Wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job on the education front. Will you be doing stories only on public schools or will also be looking at the private schools around town.
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Josh,
    Wanted to let you know that you are doing a great job on the education front. Will you be doing stories only on public schools or will also be looking at the private schools around town.
    Thanks,
    The plan is for me to write about all of the local schools. My focus right now is on the superintendent search. I should have more stories involving the private schools moving forward with school starting soon.

The plan is for me to write about all of the local schools. My focus right now is on the superintendent search. I should have more stories involving the private schools moving forward with school starting soon.
    Josh, does the new helmet have the current Ragin' Cajun logo, or something different? I love that logo, but I think it has too many letters on a helmet. I guess a little to busy in my opinion. I'd prefer a simple "Cajuns" or "Louisiana" on the helmet. From what Coach said according to the advertiser today is that it will be a twist of traditional with something new.

The most important words spoken in the newspaper article where Coach Hud mentions what the new uniforms are about are "TRADITIONAL" and "CLEAN"

I take this to mean that the absurd font style of the numbers is history, and that the "bat-wing" and "leg flare" are history as well. Because, there is nothing traditional or clean about those things.

If this is the case, I would be willing to look the other way with respect to the colorsfor now.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information