Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Uniforms

Default Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You're wrong.

Having respect for what came before you matters. Uniforms and school colors matter.

Have you been following the recent story of Tech possibly joining the LSU system? Some of the only official words out of the Tech Administration's office were in a letter to the public which stated that whatever happens, Louisiana Tech's school colors and uniforms would not change.

THAT is how much these things matter.

And by the way, there aren't too many schools wearing black in their uniforms. So, if it is true that the "young people" like black, most schools couldn't care less, and in case you haven't noticed, adding black does not translate to toughness or victories. This isn't youth football.

And in our specific case, adding black even more to our uniforms would only succede in making them even uglier. Black on Red is a HORRIBLE color scheme.
    I will start this post off with this, there is no doubt that you are one of the most diehard Cajun fans out there, but you are wrong on so many levels. Lets just look at some of the things that you would like to see happen with this program.

1. That we are based in a Texas based league with the likes of the FBS wanna be's. That will NEVER HAPPEN. Now if a league with SMU, UTEP, Houston and Rice were to come calling then I could see that being a possibility, but it won't happen.

2. We have had 21 winning seasons since 1960, so where is all that tradition that was formed by those great uniforms? There is none. You like to use Ohio State and other Top 25 programs when citing their uniform choices as examples of tradition. All of those schools have changed their uni's to fit the times with the exception of 2 programs, Michigan and Penn St. That is 2 programs out of 120. For a program that has had limited success you need to have gimmicks, and the easiest way to do that is get what the kids want. If they want black uniforms the so be it.

3. We will NEVER ACHIEVE the name "University of Louisiana" legally. We may make headway nationally as Louisiana athletically, but within Louisiana we will never achieve that status.

4. Stop using the Texas schools as an example of what we should do. Everyone in their right mind knows that Texas does things the right way when it comes to allowing schools to thrive on their own. Louisiana is not like that and you know it. LSU will never allow another school to show them up academically, they are trying to absorb La Tech because Tech has something they want, which no one will know until they steal it away from them.

5. Finally the future is bright for the Cajuns in all facets of the university. We have 2 stud head coaches in the sports that really garner national publicity. We have massive amounts of facility improvements under way on campus and at the athletic complex. RCAF has started to grow and it is still in its infancy as a fundraising arm. We are a gnats dick hair away from becoming a Tier I institution. We are the ONLY university in this state outside of LSU that is continuing to grow and improve. ULM is dying, Nichols is dying, McNeese is struggling, La Tech is killing themselves by trying to attach themselves to LSU and staying in the WAC, Tulane is well Tulane, they decided their fate when they left the SEC.

Sorry for the Rant. Just tired of all the bullcrap about _____e that doesn't matter. It is easy to look at the small things and get stuck on the fact that they never change, but take a step back and look at everything that is going on at UL right now and understand that we are undergoing a major transformation and we are 2-3 years away from finally operation on all cylinders as a complete university much like we were doing prior to the Death Penalty.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

If I remember correctly from the very first post in this thread, the new unis would be released publicly later this week. WELLLLLLLLLLL!??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You're wrong.

Having respect for what came before you matters. Uniforms and school colors matter.

Have you been following the recent story of Tech possibly joining the LSU system? Some of the only official words out of the Tech Administration's office were in a letter to the public which stated that whatever happens, Louisiana Tech's school colors and uniforms would not change.

THAT is how much these things matter.

And by the way, there aren't too many schools wearing black in their uniforms. So, if it is true that the "young people" like black, most schools couldn't care less, and in case you haven't noticed, adding black does not translate to toughness or victories. This isn't youth football.

And in our specific case, adding black even more to our uniforms would only succede in making them even uglier. Black on Red is a HORRIBLE color scheme.
    The fact that LaTech joining the LSU system has pretty much NO relevance to this argument about jerseys.

UNO and Southern UNO, along with the other schools that joined the Louisiana system didn't have to change their team colors to Vermilion and White. IDK how your brain works but it is definitely in another dimension.

You're correct about this isn't Youth football. So quit _____ing about the colors like your some over controlling parent in the stands that thinks they have a say so in what the organization decides on purchasing new uniforms or not.
    Without wins this whole thread is pointless IMO so I guess we'll just have to get those W's baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That we are based in a Texas based league with the likes of the FBS wanna be's. That will NEVER HAPPEN.

You are aware, aren't you, that we are in a league full of one-time FBS wanna be's? I went to school with Jake Delhomme. At that time, most of the football programs in our current league either didn't exist or were 1-AA schools.

We have had 21 winning seasons since 1960, so where is all that tradition that was formed by those great uniforms?
    Started wearing these unis in 1975. Stopped after the 1998 season. 13 winning seasons. 11 losing seasons. That's the majority of this program's winning seasons occurred during this timeframe. Huh. Seems as though the players really performed well in those unis. Hey, it was tradition back then to do so, but what do I know, right.

or a program that has had limited success you need to have gimmicks, and the easiest way to do that is get what the kids want. If they want black uniforms the so be it.
    So, after the great success of the timeframe I referenced, we employed the current gimicky unis and color scheme to result in 1 winning season, 7 losing seasons, and 3 tie seasons. Also, if the players wanted to come out in tutus and ballerina shoes, would that be OK as well?

Started wearing these unis in 1975. Stopped after the 1998 season. 13 winning seasons. 11 losing seasons. That's the majority of this program's winning seasons occurred during this timeframe. Huh. Seems as though the players really performed well in those unis. Hey, it was tradition back then to do so, but what do I know, right.

Bo Lamar wore shorts that barely covered his butt cheeks, we were top 10 in the nation. You wouldn't get any of the top players to wear those now.

Our program has no tradition to anyone outside of our campus except a tradition of losing and losing big. We were picked as the worst team in the nation by a national publication. Whether it is reverting back to the script Cajuns or trying something new, I'm in favor of a shakeup.

When the premier win of your program is a victory against a team that did not finish above .500 and most of the currents students parents were in grade school at the time of the last bowl appearance, its time for a shakeup.

As far as the Texas teams, the Sunbelt may not be great, but it is stable. Running over to the WAC is not.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

I'll wait to see them to decide whether I like them or not, but I'm not excited about black helmets. Just as long as we remain the Ragin Cajuns, the best nickname in the country. GO CAJUNS

To be honest, I might be a minority on the boards here, but this looks bad-__'ing-sss.

From the original thread: https://forumeus.com/showthread.php?23417-Black-Helmets-amp-Jerseys/page20&highlight=black+helmet

Name:  helmet.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  69.0 KB

guys, it' fricken uniforms. It's really not that big of a deal if they change them. UL is currently adapting to the modern era in athletics. they showed this by building the practice facility, using new marketing tools to get fans interested in athletics, adding turf to the baseball and football fields, and now it appears they are updating their uniforms. Why would we go back to a style that we used 30 years ago?

No tri-fleur. Just one.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Now if the are free, I won't complain, but
    GEAUX CAJUNS
    Vermilion Red and White
    Hud convinced a friend of mine to pay for them. Don't worry about the $$$.

From what I was told last night, the new uniforms will incorporate more black (with vermilion) as well as the fleur de lis. The Cajuns will also have black helmets. I'd expect the unveiling to come at next week's Media Day, which is Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    From what I was told last night, the new uniforms will incorporate more black (with vermilion) as well as the fleur de lis. The Cajuns will also have black helmets. I'd expect the unveiling to come at next week's Media Day, which is Wednesday.
    Is this expected to be an alternate Jersey or our actual home jersey?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    If this is what the youth are looking for.we have to abide.
    OH Yeah, I'd like to see lsu or Nebraska with black helmets, your thought holds no water, colleges with traditions don't change, and we keep talking about having traditions, well black ai't one of them. I hate it when the girls softball and men's baseball wear black uniforms, its not just football but all UL sports.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

15. Default Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

A quick story --not about uniforms worn on the field but our traveling outfits-----I go up to coach Faulkinberry and asked him that instead of wearing the really nice red sports coat with black trousers along with matching tie and white shirt -------We get the India style suits that the Beatles were wearing---I tell him that we would be the only school in the US/planet to dress like this---Who wouldn't want to come here to play-----The Cajuns have yet to wear these to travel!!!!LOL

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information