Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Uniforms

1. UL Football Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by KragincajunS10 View Post
    If I was ever given the choice to decide what we wore, I would definitely go old school Stokley years. Classic. Old school shows our long tradition and is a clean look. I hope we don't become the Miamis' and the Oregons' of the football world who change every other year. If it were up to me.classic old school with maybe minor tweeks to the helment logos and maybe one black uni for the Herbert Heymann Classic to wear every year (that to, old school style, just black with red accent). Either way I am just happy to see the excitement in Lafayette surrounding this team. I am excited for football to start and I am excited for some friends of mine who are seniors. I wish them the best of luck in some brand new unis'!
    What tradition??? It's time to start making our tradition.

UL Football Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by DrngdKjn View Post
    I don't know, I was thinking like the 100 years of football tradition we have that most schools don't have. I get it, we need to make a new tradition but I wasn't speaking about bowl games and wins and stadium updates and all that other stuff I was speaking about having a uniform that celebrates our long history as a football program. We are already making new traditions with everything that's included in the Hud package.

Default Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Should the helmet be black, red, or white?

Stripes or no stripes? If stripes, how many stripes?

Should the helmet have a fleur de lis on it? Ragin's Cajuns? Louisiana? The Flaming Pepper? SheeshI can't even bang my head with out controversy.

The three Fleur de lis! More is better.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Should the helmet be black, red, or white?

Stripes or no stripes? If stripes, how many stripes?

Should the helmet have a fleur de lis on it? Ragin's Cajuns? Louisiana? The Flaming Pepper?

SheeshI can't even bang my head with out controversy.
    Hey, no worries! The helmet is VERMILLION with that classic black fleur-de-lis, outlined in white, that's part of the University letterhead with CAJUNS in bold white lettering with black trim arching over the fleur. Oh, AND two white stripes with black trim down the middle!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: From KATC Facebook page: New Uniforms

Hey Nation, definbitely take the helmet in pic #2, without the S, of course!!

Damn I'm ready for the season to start. I don't care if the team wears pink camo, as long as they are doing it at the New Orleans Bowl in December

Russell is probably giving us a redesign because HUD bent them over a barrel, and whispered in their ear "you'll give us new alternate uniforms for free, and you'll like it."

And please leave politics out of sports. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by DrngdKjn View Post
    23 years of tradition of the "Stokley, Delhomme" uniforms.

11 years of multiple versions, constantly tweaked, mish mash "Fenroy, Babb" uniformswith the wrong colors as well.

For the record, you don't make tradition on a whim. It never lasts. But, you sure as heck can destroy tradition on a whim. That is what happened back in 1999 when some very misguided people decided to change our uniforms, school colors. our tradition, without asking the fans and alumni for their thoughts before doing it.

travesty

I do like that black helmet with the red fleur de lis. I think somebody uses it as their user decal or something, very nice!

Guys. Stop living in the past. Our school has tradition and pride in many areas. Football results and uniforms are not one of them. Stop being a bunch of sissies crying if there is black in a uniform or we don't look like we did 30 years ago. Sheesh! Thank god no one that makes decisions listens to you guys. Young people like black! And new ____! Who do the uniforms really matter to? Recruits. Please stop beating this dead horse. Rant over

I want green somewhere in these new Unis.

Quote Originally Posted by campo118 View Post
    Guys. Stop living in the past. Our school has tradition and pride in many areas. Football results and uniforms are not one of them. Stop being a bunch of sissies crying if there is black in a uniform or we don't look like we did 30 years ago. Sheesh! Thank god no one that makes decisions listens to you guys. Young people like black! And new ____! Who do the uniforms really matter to? Recruits. Please stop beating this dead horse. Rant over

You're wrong.

Having respect for what came before you matters. Uniforms and school colors matter.

Have you been following the recent story of Tech possibly joining the LSU system? Some of the only official words out of the Tech Administration's office were in a letter to the public which stated that whatever happens, Louisiana Tech's school colors and uniforms would not change.

THAT is how much these things matter.

And by the way, there aren't too many schools wearing black in their uniforms. So, if it is true that the "young people" like black, most schools couldn't care less, and in case you haven't noticed, adding black does not translate to toughness or victories. This isn't youth football.

And in our specific case, adding black even more to our uniforms would only succede in making them even uglier. Black on Red is a HORRIBLE color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You're wrong.

Having respect for what came before you matters. Uniforms and school colors matter.

Have you been following the recent story of Tech possibly joining the LSU system? Some of the only official words out of the Tech Administration's office were in a letter to the public which stated that whatever happens, Louisiana Tech's school colors and uniforms would not change.

THAT is how much these things matter.

And by the way, there aren't too many schools wearing black in their uniforms. So, if it is true that the "young people" like black, most schools couldn't care less, and in case you haven't noticed, adding black does not translate to toughness or victories. This isn't youth football.

And in our specific case, adding black even more to our uniforms would only succede in making them even uglier. Black on Red is a HORRIBLE color scheme.
    Black and gray are becoming very prevalent in FB uniforms as an alternate now:
    Oregon, Oklahoma State, Texas, West Virginia, Florida State

My guess is alternate unis will be black, regardless of the board's wishes.

If you look at the pics on theadvertiser.com today of this mornings practice, you will notice a few of the players have a white stripe down the middle of their red helmet. Could this possibly be part of the new look???

Looks like QB's have that stripe.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information