Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Coach John Szefc 2003-2008

1. UL Baseball Coach John Szefc 2003-2008

A new hitting coach in John Szefc and Fall Ball is in the air. Listen to the sounds of batting practice. Siren added no extra charge.

I have been to watch practice a few times and to be honest I don't know exactly what to look for in practice except that everthing is always so orgainized. Gotta love it.

Knowing what I know from last year, and who Coach "Robe" has brought in I expect Louisiana's pitching to be the best it has been in a long time depth wise.

I don't know how the coaches can focus on individual players I guess that is what the World Series will help do for them.

I continue to be impressed with coach Babineaux and am expecitng nice things from the new Coach John Szefc.

This year I will be happy with batting average of around .300 or higher. I expect coach Szefc to help greatly in this regard. Although as you can tell it is coach Robichaux who was performing pitching duties on the days I saw batting practice.

It sure will be a fun season as I will get to jaw with all my relatives in Lincoln Nebraska. But for now it is time for the World Series of Louisiana Baseball.

Have Fun.

Default Coach John Szefc 2003-2008

-9:30-ish on john szefc of the baseball team

questions? comments? concerns or congrats for john szefc

can call them in yourself 337-269-1077 or post them in here or email sportsnote@hotmail.com

thanks

3. People Happy Handsome Hounds

Barbara Szefc has had a love affair with dogs most of her life, and knew that she'd be happiest if she could find a business opportunity that would feed her passion.

One day, that opportunity literally drove by, and now she's in the growing business of mobile dog grooming.

"When I was living in the Northeast, I remember seeing a grooming van go by," said Szefc, owner of Happy Handsome Hounds. "That was my first experience with it, and I thought it was a pretty neat idea."

That was a few years ago. Now, the transplanted New Yorker drives around Acadiana with a specially-outfitted van and brings grooming services right to people's doorsteps.

"I've been in sales and service all my life," she said, "so I know how important customer service is. And after talking to some of my friends, it seemed like there was a demand for specialized and personalized services for dogs."

Szefc takes appointments by phone or by e-mail at her Web site at www.happy handsomehounds.com, and performs an array of washing and grooming services on site.

The van is self-contained and functional at any location that has a place to park. The state-of-the-art van resembles a mobile spa with heating, air conditioning, outdoor views and dual ventilation fans. It includes a stainless-steel tub area with a hydro-surge bathing system and a grooming area, both of which can accommodate different breeds.

"People who see it are pretty amazed because it's so roomy," Szefc said. "There's a lot of headroom and it's bright, and it's a quiet environment. I think people appreciate the one-on-one attention that their dogs get."

Szefc said that mobile grooming is convenient for many people who would otherwise have to drop off pets at grooming outlets. The service carries a higher price tag than those outlets, with prices determined by breed size and type, coat condition and whether clipping is required or desired. She welcomes out-of-town appointments, but a gas surcharge is added due to travel.

"I did a dog the first week for a woman that was house-bound and couldn't get around easily," Szefc said. "It was hard for her to get out and get her dog groomed. It's a great service for older dogs, dogs with arthritis and other physical problems and those that are easily stressed and don't want to sit in a cage while they wait."

Szefc has a soft spot for those animals, as well as the ones she works with as a volunteer with Lafayette Animal Aid. She and husband John, the top assistant baseball coach at the University of Louisiana, also have five Basset hounds adopted through breed rescue from three different states.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Coach John Szefc 2003-2008

tomorrow february the 8th on the sportsnote coach john "legends burger" szefc will start his weekly coaches show eta 9:30-ish

ps. questions from the faithful?

i like the help call in email or post (spamiles)

Default Re: cajun baseball spam

Coach can the hitters carry the young pitchers early in the year?

Default Re: cajun baseball spam

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    Coach can the hitters carry the young pitchers early in the year?
    hey good question thanks

ps. my thanks also to Pride Plaza Medical

pss. tech vs cajuns 17th, 18th. and 19th . oh what fun

7. Default Re: Ask coach Szefc

Dear coach Szefc . . . .

Last year you kept a stop watch and timed the delivery of the opposing pitcher. It was fun to watch you send John Coker home.

Does UL have a speedster on this years squad that can take advantage of a slow delivery?

Default Re: Ask coach Szefc

Quote Originally Posted by snote
    tomorrow february the 8th on the sportsnote coach john "legends burger" szefc will start his weekly coaches show eta 9:30-ish

Coach,

Insofar as hitting goes, do we have replacements for the likes of Hawke and Morris?

9. UL Baseball Re: Ask coach Szefc

Coach don't you think Bil asks great questions?

Default Re: Ask coach Szefc ( for SportNote Radio TODAY Wed )

Coach,

Is Turbine really annoying in person as he is on this message board? Thanks Coach. have a great year.

1. Of the new guys, who has the potential to hit between 15 to 20 home runs, either this season or in years to come?

2. I know we like to run a lot, but are we going to be a straight steal type of running team this year, or are we going to be more of a hit and run type team?

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    Coach,

Is Turbine really annoying in person as he is on this message board? Thanks Coach. have a great year.

Your an _____ hole.plain and simple lil loser

UL Baseball Re: Ask coach Szefc ( for SportNote Radio TODAY Wed )

Quote Originally Posted by snote

Still can't catch you on the internet live, the archives are great, but not interactive. :confused: :confused:

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    Your an _____ hole.plain and simple lil loser
    >>>

He knows it. Trust me, he knows it.

Z.

15. UL Baseball UL Assistant John Szefc staying put

Dave Schrage Left Aces for baseball coaching job at Notre Dame
    Bill McGillis makes sure he checks his messages several times a day.

"Every time I look at my e-mails or fax machine, there are more interesting names coming in," said McGillis, the University of Evansville's athletic director.

Names he might want to consider in his search for a new head baseball coach.

Dozens of people have shown interest in the job since Monday evening, when Notre Dame officials announced they had lured Dave Schrage away from the Aces.

"We've got a nice pool of candidates developing, and that's no surprise," McGillis said on Tuesday.

Not after what Schrage and the Aces accomplished last season and what the new coach will have coming back.

UE will return five all-Missouri Valley Conference players and 16 other lettermen from the 2006 team that went 43-22, won the MVC regular-season and league tournament titles and advanced to the regional championship game of

the NCAA Tournament.

"Our program has always had a good tradition," McGillis said. "But with nearly the entire team coming back, it's taken the interest level even higher."

Anyone who's interested in the job "knows he won't be walking into something that needs to be fixed," McGillis noted. "He'll have a chance to win immediately and sustain a high level of success."

McGillis hopes to hire Schrage's successor "within a week." He said he already has a "solid" group of "six or seven" candidates. He declined to identify them, but sources say the list of names that have already surfaced include these four: UE pitching coach and recruiting coordinator Dave Seifert, Eastern Kentucky head coach Elvis Dominguez, University of Illinois assistant Eric Snider and Louisiana-Lafayette assistant John Szefc.

- Szefc has been the head assistant coach at Louisiana-Lafayette since 2003. He also is the Ragin' Cajuns' recruiting coordinator, hitting and infield instructor and third base coach.

The Ragin' Cajuns have gone 151-92 during Szefc's tenure and have hit .300 or better as a team in each of the past three seasons. They finished eighth in the nation in batting (.327) in 2005, when they were the Sun Belt Conference champions.

Before moving to Lafayette, Szefc was the head coach at Marist College for seven seasons, going 212-137-1.

The rest of the story

DAVE JOHNSON
    Executive Sports Editor

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information