Thread: Real Life Story, Advice By Robe!! Thanks Robe!

UL Baseball Real Life Story, Advice By Robe!! Thanks Robe!

True to Life Story! There is NO doubt baseball is my true love when it comes to sports. I certainly never want to be the one to MAKE my kids play any sport they do not want to play. Sometimes as a parent though it is hard to tell between children not wanting to play and them just wanting to be lazy!!

My oldest son has played sports since he was 4-5 years old and baseball was one of those sports. Two years ago we had a coach(a vol. parent) that would say and do things that really cut into the spirit of these 10 year old kids. Only one year removed from this tragic experience in youth baseball (11)eleven out of (14)players did not want to and did not play baseball for the school team or Summer league.

I was distrought with everything spoke with the Athletic Director at the school to look into the matter and spoke with the kids to see why they were not playing. Some said they would play for the school team if there was another coach but most did not play.

I spoke with Robe on the issue and as it concerned my son in particular. He said "As hard as it might be just back off your son let him sit out and play the sports he wants to play as of now. Hopefully after the lay off and watching others play he will decide to play the sport again." I did as Robe suggested.

My son went watch his cousin play this past week and weekend in Hammond and the fire was re-lit!! On his way home from picking him up he asked me if he could pitch to me when we got home. I looked at him in a surprised look as he was coming home because he was bored just watching his cousin get to play 2 games per day for the last 5 days!!!

The next day we played pitch and catch for a while and I was amazed with the velocity increase and the movement on the ball!! If my hearts warmth was the sun we would have a true global warming problem!

I have called Robe to personally thank him as a friend and coach for the advice! As is most always the case those outside the circle with knowledge are those that see clearest.

My son has asked to go to the Baseball camp at UL this Summer and is already signed up for the UL Basketball camp and Football camps!!! Busy this Summer he will be as will all my kids, with camps and computer program games to prepare them for this upcoming school year!! Oh yeah, and a few small vacations!

Again THANKS to Robe for ALL he has Done,
    DaddyCajun

UL Football Re: Real Life Story, Advice By Robe!! Thanks Robe!

Great story from as great dad!

Default Re: Real Life Story, Advice By Robe!! Thanks Robe!

Coach Robe is always a class act on and off the field.

4. This is so COOL Re: Real Life Story, Advice By Robe!! Thanks Robe!

A great story from two class acts. We learn more about life through our kids than any other source, because now our mistakes don't just hurt us individually.

Thread Information