Thread: Get it Done, pay coach Hall

1. UL Basketball Get it Done, pay coach Hall

I have already been on the airwaves stating why I think the money is already there for a coaching salary increase of $37,616 in women’s basketball. The money exists. Already exists. Give it coach Hall, he has already earned it.

The reason the school needs to do it NOW is because Lady Cajun Basketball has the potential to bring in the 3rd highest amount of publicity nationally. We often look at these things from a football mentality, and we just can't grasp how much national advertising a successful basketball program brings the University. Perhaps this is because Louisiana has never had any national advertising from basketball. This is changing, and the changing must continue.

I have heard how much more Hall is making over his predecessor. This is irrelevant. It is irrelevant because before Coach Hall the women’s basketball program was irrelevant. Previously irrelevant pay bought an irrelevant program. Louisiana is on the cusp of relativity, and in order to reach relativity, Coach Hall needs to be paid an increase of $37,616

I'm not done but I am short of time, get it done Nelson, pay the man. He's already paid the University in advertising dollars

Default Re: Get it Done, pay coach Hall

I agree with everything you just said Turbine, some say it is only women's basketball but if we want to be looked upon as big time we have to give these coaches what they deserve regardless if its football, mens BB, women's BB, softball, or baseball.

Coaches are what build our programs and without them all the improvements to the facilities are a waste so lets give these coaches what the deserve and build on the success that has already been acheived.

Completely agree. I've stated before that if we ever want to move up in the conference pecking order we need to have a "complete" D1 program. Not just football. Not just basketball. All of them. I know its tough on the budget right now; but we can't afford to take one step forward, then two steps back by loosing quality head coaches. Its bad enough losing quality assistants because of actual "promotions" in other programs; but we also seem to lose too many simply because of money. Its the hard reality right now; but if we keep making small steps to bring ALL of our programs to greater heights we will eventually be able to hang on to our coaches a little longer.

Hopefully we will all hear some good news soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I have already been on the airwaves stating why I think the money is already there for a coaching salary increase of $37,616 in women’s basketball. The money exists. Already exists. Give it coach Hall, he has already earned it.

The reason the school needs to do it NOW is because Lady Cajun Basketball has the potential to bring in the 3rd highest amount of publicity nationally. We often look at these things from a football mentality, and we just can't grasp how much national advertising a successful basketball program brings the University. Perhaps this is because Louisiana has never had any national advertising from basketball. This is changing, and the changing must continue.

I have heard how much more Hall is making over his predecessor. This is irrelevant. It is irrelevant because before Coach Hall the women’s basketball program was irrelevant. Previously irrelevant pay bought an irrelevant program. Louisiana is on the cusp of relativity, and in order to reach relativity, Coach Hall needs to be paid an increase of $37,616

I'm not done but I am short of time, get it done Nelson, pay the man. He's already paid the University in advertising dollars

I just wanted to update everybody on the contract situation. I had a great talk with Nelson today. Hopefully if everything goes well we will have this done in the next 2 weeks. I plan on staying. We are very close to a deal but it has to be approved by the powers to be. Nelson is trying to get this done. I have to give him credit. I was more encouraged today than at anytime before. I'm ready to put it behind and win CHAMPIONSHIPS on this new floor.
    Thanks for all your support.

Headragincajun1

Quote Originally Posted by headragincajun1
    I just wanted to update everybody on the contract situation. I had a great talk with Nelson today. Hopefully if everything goes well we will have this done in the next 2 weeks. I plan on staying. We are very close to a deal but it has to be approved by the powers to be. Nelson is trying to get this done. I have to give him credit. I was more encouraged today than at anytime before. I'm ready to put it behind and win CHAMPIONSHIPS on this new floor.
    Thanks for all your support.

Headragincajun1
    Any time Coach Hall, anytime. If we had to put a monetary amount on what you've done, we'd be payin you for years to come. The respect and renewed vigor you've given us is priceless. God Bless You and Your Family and I hope everything works out.

Geaux UL Ragin Cajuns!

I agree with you totally, Turbine! Pay the man!! In fact give him an extra $10,000 for waiting so long. After he takes our girls to the NCAA's all the big time schools will be knocking down our door to get to him. So, I say give him a big, big raise with a 5 year contract so that when the big schools come to get him we'll make some money from the buyout to pay a future coach!

Thread Information