Thread: Saints Sign Darren Sproles

Ragin' Cajuns Saints Sign Darren Sproles

Default Re: Saints Sign Darren Sproles

Good pickup.

I Love this pickup! He does what Reggie was supposed to do. He catches balls out of the backfield, he can effectively run between the tackles and return kicks.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I Love this pickup! He does what Reggie was supposed to do. He catches balls out of the backfield, he can effectively run between the tackles and return kicks. _
    This should be your first fantasy pick up, UC!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I Love this pickup! He does what Reggie was supposed to do. He catches balls out of the backfield, he can effectively run between the tackles and return kicks. _
    I am not a big Reggie Bush fan, but to say that Sproles is a better player than Bush is a stretch. The Saints made a mistake by not offering him the same deal as Miami did.

Sproles: 1154yds Rushing 6 tds, 1400yds Receiving and 11 tds in 5 years of football.

Bush: 2090yds Rushing 17 tds, 2142yds Receiving and 12 tds over a 5 year career.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ I am not a big Reggie Bush fan, but to say that Sproles is a better player than Bush is a stretch. The Saints made a mistake by not offering him the same deal as Miami did.

Sproles: 1154yds Rushing 6 tds, 1400yds Receiving and 11 tds in 5 years of football.

Bush: 2090yds Rushing 17 tds, 2142yds Receiving and 12 tds over a 5 year career. _
    Its not a stretch if you look beyond the numbers. First, Reggie was owed 12 mil this season, so his new contract would have cost the Saints more then Sproles. Second, Reggie told Payton he wanted more of role in the running game, that wasn't going to happen with Ingram on the team. Third, Sproles is a better kick returner then Reggie Bush and with Roby gone he brings value to the Saints on KO returns. Overall, he is a cheaper version of Reggie Bush that also fills the void at kick retuner. In my book, its an outstanding sign!

Sproles also played behind LT for 3 years, he wasn't brought in to be an every down back. I bet he also has half the touches Reggie had. I'm a bush fan but sproles is a good pick up for the price. Sources said the saints were only a half million off of the dolphins. Reggie wanted to go somewhere that he would be the number 1 back and that wasn't happening in new Orleans

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Its not a stretch if you look beyond the numbers. First, Reggie was owed 12 mil this season, so his new contract would have cost the Saints more then Sproles. Second, Reggie told Payton he wanted more of role in the running game, that wasn't going to happen with Ingram on the team. Third, Sproles is a better kick returner then Reggie Bush and with Roby gone he brings value to the Saints on KO returns. Overall, he is a cheaper version of Reggie Bush that also fills the void at kick retuner. In my book, its an outstanding sign! _
    Yes, Bush was owed 11.2 million for this upcoming season, but signed a deal with Miami for just under that number for 2 years. The Saints could have restructured the deal and kept him IMO. Ingram is overrated IMO. He wasn't the best back on Bama's team last year and he is not as good as Pierre Thomas either.

_ Yes, Bush was owed 11.2 million for this upcoming season, but signed a deal with Miami for just under that number for 2 years. The Saints could have restructured the deal and kept him IMO. Ingram is overrated IMO. He wasn't the best back on Bama's team last year and he is not as good as Pierre Thomas either. _
    And Reggie was way over priced considering you can get similar results from a Darren Sproles or Leon Washington. One other point, Sproles is smaller then Bush, but he is by far better between the tackles. Yes, the Saints could have worked something out with Bush, but they are going to save more then just the difference in those two contracts,he also replaces Roby's contract as well.

As for Ingram, he has yet to play a down in the NFL, so I'm not sure how you can label him overrated. But Bush certainly was in my book for the amount of money he was making. I was not one of those people that didn't think he could ever be a every down back, he was what I thought he was coming out of USC, a Terry Metcalf clone. Great special package and third down athlete.

I've enjoyed watching Reggie Bush as a Saint, but they made the right decision with him.

I am not a big Reggie Bush fan, but to say that Sproles is a better player than Bush is a stretch. The Saints made a mistake by not offering him the same deal as Miami did.

Bush: 2090yds Rushing 17 tds, 2142yds Receiving and 12 tds over a 5 year career.
    I copied the total stats listed below from nfl.com. What I like about Sproles, and was stated in other posts, was his contribution on kick offs as well. He also has many more explosion plays.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

_ Ingram is overrated IMO. _

Ohhhh man C4L. He might turn out to be, but I actually think he will be a good NFL back. I am unbiased in this opinion, as I am not a Saints fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    _ Ohhhh man C4L. He might turn out to be, but I actually think he will be a good NFL back. I am unbiased in this opinion, as I am not a Saints fan. _
    Ingram has knee problems. Sproles would have been a great pickup for the Saints had they not wasted a first round pick on Ingram. A 3rd down scat back works well with a down hill runner. Ingram is a tweener. Not as bad as Bush was but still not strong enough to carry the NFL load. While now the Saints have 3 running backs, their cornerback situation did not improve.

The cornerback situation will improve as last years 1rst round draft Patrick Robinson will be in his second season. As for Ingram, he will be fine and a good back. He signed today.

The Saints are Super Bowl material with their backfield and offense.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    The Saints are Super Bowl material with their backfield and offense.
    Have to beat the Falcons and get home field advantage.without that.Super Bowl is out of reach. 5 foot running backs do not equal super bowl runs.or San Diego would have one already.

Thread Information