Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hud: Cajuns will prove nay-sayers wrong

1. UL Football Hud: Cajuns will prove nay-sayers wrong

The preseason college football magazines haven’t been very kind to the Ragin’ Cajuns, and the Sun Belt Conference preseason polls weren’t any more positive. But new UL coach Mark Hudspeth expected that.

And rather than ignore the Cajuns’ bottom-feeder rankings, Hudspeth plans to use that to his advantage.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Hud: Cajuns will prove nay-sayers wrong

I expect at least a 6 win season, and anything less, then HUD and the team will have "underperformed."

We have more talent and motivation than most realize.

Most good coaches can come into a program and improve performance immediately.

They know how to develop, use, and arrange talent, and they do not need three or four years to rebuild. I hope that is the case with HUD.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Hud: Cajuns will prove nay-sayers wrong

A lot's going to depend on how many starters we can keep healthy all season and which new players are going to step up and produce, especially on DEFENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    _

We have more talent and motivation than most realize.
    Where r u getting this from?

HUD says we have all the ingredients needed for success, so I am holding him to his positive approach. I do not want to hear any excuses for failure this season.

All ingredients for a successful program. Not a successful season. You just are trying to set him up, so u can come and thump your chest about him being a failure if he doesn't win games. I think he could win 6. But I don't think not winning 6 makes him a failure

igeaux.mobi

7. Default Re: Hud: Cajuns will prove nay-sayers wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ All ingredients for a successful program.
    igeaux.mobi _
    Taking the body of his comments (this and other articles) I was left with the same impression.

I do think he IS saying they are underestimating what they will see, this year.

1970 must keep in mind the media ranking of 120 out of 120 that was mentioned when he reads “Don’t think we won’t remember where we were voted,” Hudspeth says. “We plan to remind people of that this year.”

A top 100 finish would fit with that statement.

We can never know the order of Dan's questions and how the content of the article was formed. To me all that Hud is saying is UL will finish better than has been projected by the media.

Having said that I am looking for 7 wins.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ All ingredients for a successful program. Not a successful season. You just are trying to set him up, so u can come and thump your chest about him being a failure if he doesn't win games. I think he could win 6. But I don't think not winning 6 makes him a failure

igeaux.mobi _
    You worry too much Slappy. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work! No contributor is going to thump their chest unless we win. And no one counts but a contributor.

The same polls predicted us to be the class of the Belt I believe in 07 and win it all. We laid a 6-6 egg if memory serves. I say we sweep the Belt and beat one of the big boys! Come on it is the start of a new season. This is the time to stay positive and reach for the stars. There is plenty of time during the season to call for Huds head.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    The same polls predicted us to be the class of the Belt I believe in 07 and win it all. We laid a 6-6 egg if memory serves. I say we sweep the Belt and beat one of the big boys! Come on it is the start of a new season. This is the time to stay positive and reach for the stars. There is plenty of time during the season to call for Huds head.
    UL won 3 games in 07

2006 was 6-6 but it was not an egg it was status quo. Bustle paniced and fired his top staffers. Then we layed an egg.
    igeaux.mobi

If the Cajuns don't win 6 games, some of you will not be happy. Not good!
    I’d love to win 6 or 7 games this season. One of the goals should include for us to become consistent from game to game.

The following are reasons why I don't think we can win 6 games this year. I hope I'm wrong!
    1) Only 5 home games.
    2) 11 games in 11 weeks
    Again I hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mamou View Post
    _ If the Cajuns don't win 6 games, some of you will not be happy. Not good!
    I’d love to win 6 or 7 games this season. One of the goals should include for us to become consistent from game to game.

The following are reasons why I don't think we can win 6 games this year. I hope I'm wrong!
    1) Only 5 home games.
    2) 11 games in 11 weeks
    Again I hope I'm wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _
    The only thing that I know for sure this season is that we will not win 14 games.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Hud: Cajuns will prove nay-sayers wrong

Let's consider the end of Bustle's career? How many players are real players or even average in the Sun Belt that were residuals with the program ? We are at least even with the talent curve in the Sun Belt inclusive of Bustle's recruiting input if we consider the kids brought in through the 2010 true freshman recruiting class by Hudspeth. This will improve paramount to any class ever in our school history, considering athletics! If we are rated dead last in D-1 this year, and he has two of the best running backs in the country in his first recruiting class? How? Take a look at the upside!!!! Go to Rivals.com and take a look at the 2010 All American team and you will see Griffin as one of the two best running backs in the country!!!! We did get him and he is in school! On the hoof he is a beast and guess what, he also possesses smarts; he is a very smart kid! So is Alonzo Harris Scout.com's # 2 fullback in the country who received 3 SEC offers and Two ACC offers amongst others! Go to Scout and take a look! Also, view the others in stature and kudos (athletics) from their perspective high schools!
    We will win with athletes! The improvements to facilities, academics (dorms and campus improvements), RCAF, the administration, and finally the fan base is the formula! It is a lure to better palyers! It is happening all around us, Finally! We have all of the pieces of the formula in place and the engine is hitting on all cylinders! RCAF is well above the $$$$ from last year at this time and I am expecting a banner year if we can improve the dynamics and win at least 6-7 games this year! It is doable, and we
    must beat Kent State! If so, we can perform to a 6 or 7 win season and Go Bowling! It is doable in lieu of a Kent win although this is the best scenario.
    Hudspeth will get this thing done for us and given a second and third year of recruiting, I expect the Cajuns to be in a vying position for the Sun Belt Conference title more often than naught year to year!
    We now have a recruiting staff that is determined to bring in athletes that can perform and WIN! It is all about recruiting, PUTTING IN THE TIME, and getting it done! He has already offered a large number of kids for the upcoming year! Hudspeth is the man! Get ready for a successful program Guys! Go Cajuns!

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    igeaux.mobi

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    _ Let's consider the end of Bustle's career? How many players are real players or even average in the Sun Belt that were residuals with the program ? We are at least even with the talent curve in the Sun Belt inclusive of Bustle's recruiting input if we consider the kids brought in through the 2010 true freshman recruiting class by Hudspeth. This will improve paramount to any class ever in our school history, considering athletics! If we are rated dead last in D-1 this year, and he has two of the best running backs in the country in his first recruiting class? How? Take a look at the upside!!!! Go to Rivals.com and take a look at the 2010 All American team and you will see Griffin as one of the two best running backs in the country!!!! We did get him and he is in school! On the hoof he is a beast and guess what, he also possesses smarts; he is a very smart kid! So is Alonzo Harris Scout.com's # 2 fullback in the country who received 3 SEC offers and Two ACC offers amongst others! Go to Scout and take a look! Also, view the others in stature and kudos (athletics) from their perspective high schools!
    We will win with athletes! The improvements to facilities, academics (dorms and campus improvements), RCAF, the administration, and finally the fan base is the formula! It is a lure to better palyers! It is happening all around us, Finally! We have all of the pieces of the formula in place and the engine is hitting on all cylinders! RCAF is well above the $$$$ from last year at this time and I am expecting a banner year if we can improve the dynamics and win at least 6-7 games this year! It is doable, and we
    must beat Kent State! If so, we can perform to a 6 or 7 win season and Go Bowling! It is doable in lieu of a Kent win although this is the best scenario.
    Hudspeth will get this thing done for us and given a second and third year of recruiting, I expect the Cajuns to be in a vying position for the Sun Belt Conference title more often than naught year to year!
    We now have a recruiting staff that is determined to bring in athletes that can perform and WIN! It is all about recruiting, PUTTING IN THE TIME, and getting it done! He has already offered a large number of kids for the upcoming year! Hudspeth is the man! Get ready for a successful program Guys! Go Cajuns! _
    No doubt about it. You a little excited about UL football right around the corner?!

Brother, it is going to be fun this season and seasons to come. We can't count on everybody helping out or getting on board right now. But, we do what we can in the meantime. Some people don't have scrotums unless someone else with a big scrotum knocks the road blocks out of their way. That is life. People are progressively getting to be "I want my cake (from you) and I want it now (without any effort on my part)".

Keep up the push. It all happens sooner than you think. Geaux Cajuns!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information