Thread: Cajun Baseball on TV?

Default Cajun Baseball on TV?

With only about 200 or so tickets being allowed to the Cajuns if they would match up with Tulane does anyone know if any of the games will be carried on TV for the unlucky fans would will not be able to get tickets. There is no way I am driving to New Orleans and trying to come across tickets. Folks it just will not happen, nobody will let them go for any price(hot item). Most of our hope is from the radio, internet or TV?

Default Re: Cajun Baseball on TV?

I disagree with your comment about tickets not being available.

What happens most of the time is, in games not involving the host team, the regional will "double sell" tickets, that is, sell already sold seats when folks don't show up.

I think the only problem you'll have with tickets is if we play Tulane. Even then, with double selling, you'll have a shot.

Any entity who wants to televise the regionals (CSTV, Cox, Jumbo Sports) has to submit a bid.

We won't know about TV till probably Thursday.

As always, Cajun games will be available on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    I disagree with your comment about tickets not being available.

What happens most of the time is, in games not involving the host team, the regional will "double sell" tickets, that is, sell already sold seats when folks don't show up.

I think the only problem you'll have with tickets is if we play Tulane. Even then, with double selling, you'll have a shot.

Any entity who wants to televise the regionals (CSTV, Cox, Jumbo Sports) has to submit a bid.

We won't know about TV till probably Thursday.

As always, Cajun games will be available on the internet.
    If you read my post correctly I said IF we play Tulane tickets will be hard to come by, didn't say tickets versus other teams would be hard to come by.

4. Default Re: Cajun Baseball on TV?

Hey you think we can get enough popularity in the upcoming days to where ESPN Deportes will pick up the game because that's all I catch down here in Brasil (yeah I wish). Be thankful for your ESPN because down here all you hear when you turn it on is, "GOOOOAAAALLLLLL". Soccer 24hrs, how boring. Oh well, I hope the internet feed is up and running so I can listen. Let's take it to the Tide! GO CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCajun
    Hey you think we can get enough popularity in the upcoming days to where ESPN Deportes will pick up the game because that's all I catch down here in Brasil (yeah I wish). Be thankful for your ESPN because down here all you hear when you turn it on is, "GOOOOAAAALLLLLL". Soccer 24hrs, how boring. Oh well, I hope the internet feed is up and running so I can listen. Let's take it to the Tide! GO CAJUNS!
    Regardless I will give updates as much as possible.

UL Baseball Re: Cajun Baseball on TV?

Taken from TulaneGreenWave.com
    http://tulanegreenwave.collegesports.060105aab.html

Television rights to the 2005 NCAA New Orleans Regional at Turchin Stadium have been acquired by Jumbo Sports Network, and all of the regional games will be televised live locally on WNOL, WB38, throughout the weekend.

The games begin on Friday, June 3 at 2:30 p.m. when the top-seeded Green Wave take on fourth-seeded Southern. Following game one, No. 2 seed Alabama will take on third-seeded Louisiana-Lafayette at 6:30 p.m. The games continue Saturday and Sunday at 2:30 and 6:30 p.m., with a final game, if needed, Monday at 6:30 p.m.

The New Orleans Regional contests will also be aired throughout the state on KZUP in Baton Rouge, KLAF in Lafayette and KPXJ in Shreveport. All of the Crimson Tide's games will be televised live to Alabama on WVUA in Tuscaloosa and WOTM in Birmingham.

Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast - a network that broadcasts to 12 states and five million homes - will carry Friday's Tulane game live and show the Alabama contest on tape delay at 11 a.m. (CDT) on Saturday. The Crimson Tide's Saturday game, meanwhile, will air on CCS tape delayed on Sunday at 11 a.m. (CDT).

The winner of the New Orleans Regional advances to the Super Regional where it will play a three-game series vs. the winner of the Baton Rouge Regional (LSU, Rice, Northwestern State and Marist) for the right to advance to the College World Series.

All the games will be on TV in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, & Lafayette!!! I'm so pumped now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau
    Taken from TulaneGreenWave.com
    http://tulanegreenwave.collegesports.060105aab.html

Television rights to the 2005 NCAA New Orleans Regional at Turchin Stadium have been acquired by Jumbo Sports Network, and all of the regional games will be televised live locally on WNOL, WB38, throughout the weekend.

The games begin on Friday, June 3 at 2:30 p.m. when the top-seeded Green Wave take on fourth-seeded Southern. Following game one, No. 2 seed Alabama will take on third-seeded Louisiana-Lafayette at 6:30 p.m. The games continue Saturday and Sunday at 2:30 and 6:30 p.m., with a final game, if needed, Monday at 6:30 p.m.

The New Orleans Regional contests will also be aired throughout the state on KZUP in Baton Rouge, KLAF in Lafayette and KPXJ in Shreveport. All of the Crimson Tide's games will be televised live to Alabama on WVUA in Tuscaloosa and WOTM in Birmingham.

Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast - a network that broadcasts to 12 states and five million homes - will carry Friday's Tulane game live and show the Alabama contest on tape delay at 11 a.m. (CDT) on Saturday. The Crimson Tide's Saturday game, meanwhile, will air on CCS tape delayed on Sunday at 11 a.m. (CDT).

The winner of the New Orleans Regional advances to the Super Regional where it will play a three-game series vs. the winner of the Baton Rouge Regional (LSU, Rice, Northwestern State and Marist) for the right to advance to the College World Series.

All the games will be on TV in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, & Lafayette!!! I'm so pumped now!!!!
    Thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated.

A good suggestion is that all of us who don't have any prior commitments should watch the game on TV, BUT, we should watch it in a public place like a sportsbar or restaurant. Most will already have it on because this is cable channel 17, one that anybody with basic cable can catch. If you go to a restaurant/sportsbar and they don't have it on, make them put it on. Watching it in public like this is another small way we can publicize our school and spread the Ragin Cajun fever.

God Bless.

Great post Sid, very good idea!

Ragin Cajun Fever, Catch it!!
    God Bless you Sid!

DaddyCajun!

Thread Information