Southern

Louisiana vs. Alabama, Friday 2:30pm

2. Default Re: Tulane Regional

Default Re: Tulane Regional

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCajun
    How do we get tickets?
    Which field will they play at?

Good luck on the tickets, they are playing a Turchin.

this is seems to be a tough regional. hopefully some sort of magic will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by skankinCajun
    this is seems to be a tough regional. hopefully some sort of magic will happen.
    SHOCK THE WORLD--WE CAN WIN THIS REGIONAL JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT ONE GAME @ A TIME. THE ONLY THING THAT WORRY'S ME IS THE LACKING OF A 3RD STARTING PITCHER WHO COULD BEAT ONE OF THESE TEAMS. GO CAJUNS.

I didn't study it long but I didn't see a single at large team in the tournament that we lost to.

8. UL Baseball Re: Tulane Regional

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    I didn't study it long but I didn't see a single at large team in the tournament that we lost to.
    No. But we only played four such teams (7-0). And all were #3 seeds.

The Cajuns have an overall record of 12-1 vs. schools in the field of 64.

Brian

UL Baseball Re: Tulane Regional

Brian:

It would appear to me that the New Orleans regional is one of the toughest regional's in the country while Baton Rouge is on of the weakest What is your
    take on the make-up of the two

Thanks Digger

10. Default Re: Tulane Regional

Louisiana 47-17 Overall, 16-8 SBC
    Alabama 38-20 Overall, 17-13 SEC

11. Default Re: Tulane Regional

If you notice on Alabama's roster, they have 2 former Ragin Cajuns: 2b Rocky Scelfo and P Kenneth Brown. Hope we show them that they made the wrong decision by leaving. Also, who do ya'll think we should throw in the first game? Faught?

12. Default Re: Tulane Regional

"For the regional, new bleachers have been installed down the right and left field lines which will bring the capacity of the stadium to approximately 4,200." (Tulane Athletics Site). I'm guessing this still means only about 200 tickets for UL fans if we were to face Tulane. Should be a great atmosphere for baseball though. Also I noticed the winner of the Tulane Regional meets up with the winner of the LSU Regional. That should be interesting. GO CAJUNS.

I would throw Faught because he has been the most consistent but these teams haven't seen Ardion before and I wouldn't mind seeing him throw either.

14. Default Re: Tulane Regional

I can see it now

With the Strikeouts even . K-even . Kevin

The Ragin' Cajuns Are Doing It . Ar doin it . to Bama!!!!

The Ragin' Cajuns and Keven Ardoin are doing it to the Tide.

Bring on the Wave.

15. UL Baseball Re: Tulane Regional

Quote Originally Posted by digger
    Brian:

It would appear to me that the New Orleans regional is one of the toughest regional's in the country while Baton Rouge is on of the weakest What is your
    take on the make-up of the two

Thanks Digger
    Of course Tulane is a stronger #1 than LSU. So for the Cajuns, I agree the Tulane regional would be tougher. And as a whole, the New Orleans regional is tougher principally because it has the #1 national seed.

But I think they are somewhat similar if you look at the #2 -> #4 seeds. I think Rice is a little stronger than Alabama as a #2. Hence, the first round matchup for the Cajuns is less difficult in New Orleans. Southern and Marist are close, but I would give the edge to Marist. Marist did almost take one from Tulane in New Orleans earlier this season. Louisiana is a stronger #3 seed than Northwestern State, but not by a large margin.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information