Thread: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlam

1. NCAA Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlam

Where will UL rank nationally in the NCAA Pentathlelam? Glen Raggio has been crunching the numbers since Apr-29th and will have the results at the end of the 2004-05 sports season. Do you have a guess?

Pentathlelam Definition: Thrashing of Athletic opponents in the big 5 NCAA sports.

Pentathlelam is comprised of wins accrued in the big 5 sports:

2. Football
  3. M Basketball
  4. W Basketball
  5. Softball
  6. Baseball

Default Re: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlelam

I may be wrong but I believe we have won a conf championship in every sport you listed except football.

8. Default Re: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlelam

Somewhere in the Top 15.

9. Default Re: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlelam

We are closing in on 100 wins in both baseball and softball. That's impressive no matter where it ranks.

Wow, I am getting goosebumps thinking about it!

We did win a conference championship in 4 of the 5. If I had to guess, after baseball is done, I would see us in the top 10 and wouldnt be surprsied to be in the top 5!

My best guess at the top 5:

1. Texas
    2. LSU A&M
    3. Oklahoma
    4. Arizona
    5. Louisiana

But hey, we will see!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Where will UL rank nationally when the Pentathlelam is compiled after baseball season?
    You sure its not spelled Pentathlon? Anyway without crunching any numbers I think UL should make the top 20 which would be a super accomplishment regardless of the budget.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlelam

The Pentathlelam results are nearing the end. Any Predictions.

As of 5/27/05 I crunched the number of wins of the 4 major spring sports (mens and womens basketball, baseball, and softball) and UL had a pretty commanding lead over the rest of Division 1. UL had a winning percentage of 77% and the next closest I believe was maybe Arizona at 73 %. Baseball did take a little hit towards the end of the season but football only plays 11 or so games. With the large number of games that baseball and softball play I would bet that UL would still win the Pentathalon.

14. Default Re: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlelam

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    As of 5/27/05 I crunched the number of wins of the 4 major spring sports (mens and womens basketball, baseball, and softball) and UL had a pretty commanding lead over the rest of Division 1. UL had a winning percentage of 77% and the next closest I believe was maybe Arizona at 73 %. Baseball did take a little hit towards the end of the season but football only plays 11 or so games. With the large number of games that baseball and softball play I would bet that UL would still win the Pentathalon.
    No way! I say top 25, you made a mistake somewhere.

Don't crunch too much, the WebMaster will post the results soon.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlelam

Ragin Cajuns will be able to shout it from the mountain. Will let everyone know after the CWS.

17. Default Re: Where will UL rank in the NCAA D1 Pentathlelam

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun
    Ragin Cajuns will be able to shout it from the mountain. Will let everyone know after the CWS.
    The cruel wait has begun.

Thread Information