Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brian--Seeding?

Default Brian--Seeding?

After losing 2/3 from WKU and also losing to Nicholls State earlier this week what seed do you see the Cajuns going into regional play? I can't see us being a # 1 maybe a strong # 2 at best. Also will our outcome in the conf tourney affect our regional seeding? Could a conf tourney championship bump us up? Thanks JMVCAJUN.

Default Re: Brian--Seeding?

JMV

i ain't brian, but since the rpi dropped into the 30's, that spells LOW 2nd seed at best, HIGH 3rd seed at worst. theoretically, top 16 are 1's, 17-32 are 2's. the rpi ain't definitive, but should be a rough guide.

3. UL Baseball Re: Brian--Seeding?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    After losing 2/3 from WKU and also losing to Nicholls State earlier this week what seed do you see the Cajuns going into regional play? I can't see us being a # 1 maybe a strong # 2 at best. Also will our outcome in the conf tourney affect our regional seeding? Could a conf tourney championship bump us up? Thanks JMVCAJUN.
    I think the Cajuns are a solid #2 seed right now, without a shot to gain a #1 seed. They would have needed 3/4 this past week and a conference tournament championship to have a shot at a #1 seed.

Performance in the conference tournament will be important. But only in the sense of preserving the #2 seed. An 0-2 performance in the conference tournament would jeapordize a #2 seed.

Playing well could potentially get us a more palatable #1 seeded opponent. Right now, I see us in the Baton Rouge regional. But the Texas regionals are not out of the question.

Brian

4. UL Baseball Re: Brian--Seeding?

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    JMV

i ain't brian, but since the rpi dropped into the 30's, that spells LOW 2nd seed at best, HIGH 3rd seed at worst. theoretically, top 16 are 1's, 17-32 are 2's. the rpi ain't definitive, but should be a rough guide.
    You are giving too much weight to the RPI. With an RPI of 32 combined with the other credentials/factors, the Cajuns would be a middle #2 seed.

But the conference tournament will definitely play a large part in where the Cajuns are seeded. Unfortunately, the Cajuns will play a fourth game against Western Kentucky to open the tournament.

Brian

brian george here

is there a cost for sebaseball?
    can you write for them for free?

forgive me for my boldness although i am in full "market research" mode

did you know a windsock raised over 600 bucks ?

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    i ain't brian, but
    gotta enjoy truth --- anywhere, anyplace no doubt always refreshing to see it on any message board.

in that spirit "i ain't brian" either (grinning)

7. UL Baseball Re: Brian--Seeding?

Quote Originally Posted by snote
    brian george here

is there a cost for sebaseball?
    There is a cost for the premium content. There are various subscription levels. I think the basic cost is $5.95.

Quote Originally Posted by snote
    can you write for them for free?
    I am not sure what you are asking. All of the writers contribute their work to SEBaseball.com free of charge, except that the writers receive free gold membership. The only thing I ask of Mark is that he classifies my content as non-premium content (subscription not required for readers).

I would guess about half of the content is considered premium content.

Brian

8. Default Re: Brian--Seeding?

I really hope their isn't any comparison to Softball and Baseball.look at the Lady Cajuns. They had an outstanding Record and a Top 20 ranking. Look what that got them.a 3 seed. I believe the cajuns are going to have to do well in the tourney to avoid a 3 seed. Just my perspective. I think the Austin regional is likely as well.

Texas
    UL
    Wichita St.
    Troy

At this point no matter if the Cajuns go 2 and BBQ or win the conference tourney the best will be a # 2 or # 3 seed. 2 plays 3 anyway so there is really no difference.

The difference is in the opponent. If you're a #2, then you play a #3, who, theoretically, is a weaker team than you and a weaker team than you would have to play if you were a #3.

Regardless the road leds to the same place anyway. Win game 1 as a # 2 or # 3 seed and you play the # 1 seed second round providing they win there first game. Why would you want a weaker team anyway, we play up to our competion.

12. UL Baseball Re: Brian--Seeding?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRagin
    I really hope their isn't any comparison to Softball and Baseball.look at the Lady Cajuns. They had an outstanding Record and a Top 20 ranking. Look what that got them.a 3 seed. I believe the cajuns are going to have to do well in the tourney to avoid a 3 seed. Just my perspective. I think the Austin regional is likely as well.

Texas
    UL
    Wichita St.
    Troy
    Although it is tempting, you cannot compare softball and baseball. These are two different selection committees and they do not necessarily share processes and methods.

I think the Cajuns will have to perform very poorly (0-2) to receive a #3 seed. Some interesting info to consider from past seasons .

The Cajuns were awarded a #2 seed in the 1999 Houston Regional. Texas was the #3 seed. The Cajuns did not win the Sun Belt title nor did they win the Sun Belt Tournament, finished 5-5 over their last ten games, and went 2-2 in the Sun Belt Tournament. The Cajuns had a pRPI of 57 when the bids were handed out.

The Cajuns were awarded a #2 seed and host regional in 2000. The Cajuns did not win the Sun Belt title nor did they win the Sun Belt Tournament, finished the regular season being swept at home, finished 5-5 over their last ten games, and went 3-2 in the Sun Belt Tournament. The Cajuns had a pRPI of 28 when the bids were handed out.

The Cajuns were awarded a #2 seed in the 2002 Baton Rouge regional. The Cajuns did not win the Sun Belt title nor did they win the Sun Belt Tournament, finished 5-5 over their last ten games, and went 0-2 in the Sun Belt tournament. They did have a strong pRPI of 16. This is one season where the Sun Belt could have possible had two #1 seeds had the Cajuns finished strong. But the poor Sun Belt Tournament performance and 5-5 finish relegated them to a #2 seed.

Since the new tournament format commenced, the Cajuns have known nothing but a #2 seed. And now they have many past successes that the committee is aware of.

BTW, you could very well see Troy receive a #3 seed. I do not think they ship Troy all the way to Austin. Wichita State probably goes to Nebraska. I would not want to face Pelfrey again in an opening round game.

Brian

13. Default Re: Brian--Seeding?

I think we will be a #2 seed in New Orleans. If we win the tourny we might go to

another region.

Read the new regional projection by Mark at Sebaseball.com

15. Default Re: Brian--Seeding?

Wow, that regional Will not happen, I almost guarentee, even if Auburn doesnt make the SEC tourny, I fail to realize why they would be a #3 seed with a PRPI of 17 as boyd predicts. Not to mention, they wouldent put that strong of a #3 seed in a regional with a solid #2 of UL and a national seed of Tulane. I HIGHLY doubt that regional would happen with 3 top 25 teams in a 4 team regional, someone would be shot.

Tuffguy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information