Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Limping into post-season

UL Baseball Limping into post-season

Wow. What a terrible way to end the regular season, losing the final conference series of the year to a pathetic team. I know the game really meant nothing since we blew a shot at a No.1 seed in the regionals with a loss to Nicholls and one to WKU on Saturday. It surely can't give our guys confidence going into the regionals.

Our weakness has been exposed, our bull pen. Let's hope we can heal ourselves during the conference tournament.

Did any of you happen to catch the post game interview with Coach Robe after the first game on Saturday. He said the Ardoin is struggling with his confidence. I think he is right, but I also think the reason he is lacking confidence is because he is pitching with a dead arm that has been overused over the last two years. Since a No.1 seed in the regionals is out of the question, I say we sit Ardoin in the conference tournament and let him get his strength back, and his confidence will come back also.

And for the love of God, please start Pecoraro.

2. UL Softball Re: Limping into post-season

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    .Did any of you happen to catch the post game interview with Coach Robe after the first game on Saturday. He said the Ardoin is struggling with his confidence. I think he is right, but I also think the reason he is lacking confidence is because he is pitching with a dead arm that has been overused over the last two years. Since a No.1 seed in the regionals is out of the question, I say we sit Ardoin in the conference tournament and let him get his strength back, and his confidence will come back also.

And for the love of God, please start Pecoraro.
    I have read this "dead arm" theory a few times in this forum.

Correct me, please, if I am wrong, but Ardoin was on a pitching schedule of about six days between appearances. If his strength/arm will not accommodate this schedule, how does he expect to make it in the professional ranks, where the schedule of appearances will be shorter, if he is a starter?

I readily accept the fact that something is wrong, but I am not certain the "dead arm" theory is the culprit.

Understand, I am not an expert. In fact going back over my record, I have been wrong more times than I have been right!

Default Re: Limping into post-season

I think Kevin's problem is mental. There is a lot of pressure on this young man. Kevin comes back after being drafted in the 12 round and everybody think he is a savior. Kevin will not always strike out 10, 3 hit everyone, plus the scouts are always in the stands. I don't think he has been overworked, althought his fastball of late has lacked zip. Faught might get the start in game 1 of the regional due to being the most consistent.

CajunCharlie,

I am not an expert either, or a physician. I only know what I see. Like yourself, I rarely miss a game. If you sit behind the catcher you will notice that Kevin's ball movement has decrease drastically over the last few weeks of the season. It has done this over the last couple of years as well. I also agree that he will have trouble at the next level, if he does indeed have a "dead arm".

Maybe I am making too much of this, and am just pi@@ed because we lost 2 of 3 to WKU and we also lost a lot of games that we should have won to sub standard competition.

I really hope that we beef up our schedule next year. Our RPI is now at 29.

5. Default Re: Limping into post-season

He said the Ardoin is struggling with his confidence.
    Has Ardoin had a good outing since this happened?

Ardoin Named To Roger Clemens College Pitcher Of The Year Award Watch List

"Pressure"

6. UL Softball Re: Limping into post-season

Losing 2 of 3 to WKU, or teams of that caliber, tend to make all of us search for answers. Pig headiness has nothing to do with this. Its called wanting your team to perform. Nothing wrong with that!!

Do we know who is going to start on Wednesday against WKU? I thought I heard something about Salazar.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Has Ardoin had a good outing since this happened?

Ardoin Named To Roger Clemens College Pitcher Of The Year Award Watch List

"Pressure"
    Pressure from fans, scouts and most of all FAMILY. I sit close to the family and they act like Kevin can do know wrong. This guy is human like everbody else, as I said of late the fastball as lacked ZAP.

Do we know who is going to start on Wednesday against WKU? I thought I heard somehting about Salazar.
    Salazar or DRUMROLL.Ian Pecoraro? We match back up with WKU so I have faith in either of these guys. I think Austin Faught is now our ace.

I'm comfortable with either of those guys as well.

We sure are spanking the ball at the plate. Even when we are down, I still have faith that we can come back because of our hitting this year.

Hey in 2000 before going to the CWS we lost the last series of the year to a bottom dwelling UNO team if I am correct. This team has a lot of pressure as a whole not just on Ardion, people have so many expectations for them and they have high expectations themselves so let's just get behind this team and enjoy a nice ride into the CWS.

13. UL Softball Re: Limping into post-season

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    so let's just get behind this team and enjoy a nice ride into the CWS.
    I AM FOR THAT!!

Hey in 2000 before going to the CWS we lost the last series of the year to a bottom dwelling UNO team if I am correct. This team has a lot of pressure as a whole not just on Ardion, people have so many expectations for them and they have high expectations themselves so let's jsut get behind this team and enjoy a nice ride into the CWS.
    I had one of the best seats in the house for the 2000 CWS run and we did lose the last series of the year but it wasn't to a bottom dweller it was to the conf champions that year. I agree let's enjoy the ride and get behind them.

Hey in 2000 before going to the CWS we lost the last series of the year to a bottom dwelling UNO team if I am correct. This team has a lot of pressure as a whole not just on Ardion, people have so many expectations for them and they have high expectations themselves so let's jsut get behind this team and enjoy a nice ride into the CWS.
    You are absolutely correct. We also lost to Southeastern and McNeese. As long as we make it to the CWS, I can stomach the losses we had this year.

Having said that, I vow I will have no more negative posts this year.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information