Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Limping into post-season

Default Re: Limping into post-season

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    You are absolutely correct. We also lost to Southeastern and McNeese. As long as we make it to the CWS, I can stomach the losses we had this year.

Having said that, I vow I will have no more negative posts this year.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not correct we didn't lose to a bottom dweller. Even if you don't make it to the CWS doesn't mean you didn't have a great year it is easier said than done, remember only 8 teams of 287 D-1 schools will make it.

Do we know who is going to start on Wednesday against WKU? I thought I heard something about Salazar.
    Salazar has been our wednesday starter. Why not.

At least he would maintain his normal rotation schedule.

4. Default Re: Limping into post-season

everything starts with pitching. our pattern at the plate is almost the same every game. after the 1st trip through the line up we began to smash the ball. all we need in a regional is 3 inning of good pitching to start the game. the offense will get runs taking pressue off the pitching. we win the first 2 games and smash the ball on sunday. that simplei should coach

Quote Originally Posted by baseballcajun
    everything starts with pitching. our pattern at the plate is almost the same every game. after the 1st trip through the line up we began to smash the ball. all we need in a regional is 3 inning of good pitching to start the game. the offense will get runs taking pressue off the pitching. we win the first 2 games and smash the ball on sunday. that simplei should coach
    Throw the ball--Hit the ball--Catch the ball. Baseballcajun me and you need to coach together it's simple dude we would dominate. All man it just doesn't play out that simple well it was a thought!!!! LOL Just think with Jay and Steve coming out of the bullpen pen we would be light's out.

6. UL Softball Re: Limping into post-season

.Having said that, I vow I will have no more negative posts this year.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Promises, promises!!!

7. Default WKU tops Cajuns in Sun Belt finale

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns entered the weekend series hoping to do something the program had never been able to accomplish - win every Sun Belt Conference series in a single-season.

The only time the Cajuns have accomplished the feat was in 1991 as a member of the American South Conference.

After splitting the doubleheader on Saturday, the Cajuns' quest to win the series fell short when they were defeated 4-3 by Western Kentucky in Sunday's rubber game.

By losing the series, the Cajuns (45-15, 16-8 SBC) also kept the Hilltoppers' (20-35, 8-16 SBC) season alive, and as a result, the two teams will face each other again in the Sun Belt Conference tournament at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Thad Montgomery (2-2) suffered the loss, allowing three runs on three hits with two walks and a pair of strikeouts in 1 2/3 innings, ruining a solid performance by freshman starting pitcher Hunter Moody.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    Not correct we didn't lose to a bottom dweller. Even if you don't make it to the CWS doesn't mean you didn't have a great year it is easier said than done, remember only 8 teams of 287 D-1 schools will make it.
    You are right. Even if we don't make the CWS, a 45 win season is still fantastic.

See, that wasn't negative at all.

hey i told you all friday ardoin's arm was dead. its not mental its mechanics. his arm is draggin behind his body - he has no snap - he's a buck 80 and his arm gets tired this time of year-even with the extra weight- he needs to sit him til the regional

he won't but he should

out rpi is now 35 and are on the brink of a 3 seed-

way to finish 7-6 in last 13 with all wins and loses versus rpi 100 and above

keep throwin the 6+ era guys - that and resting 20 year old college BB players

please give me a break - you rest arms and catchers that's it

did anyone watch LSpuke v. MSU????????
    no one was rested

did anyone watch TXass v. A& M????
    no one was rested

give me a break-or just admit its an excuse

and you are correct - clutch - we got swept at home to UNO in 2000

UNO was also a regional team-not 19-35

and Hawaii and the "we got plenty of arms, Blah, Blah" -we won 4 of 5 - outside of WSU - the other teams are horrible and all in the RPI 100 plus

45 wins is great if we play someone

next year maybe 50 if we play erath high school

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed
    way to finish 7-6 in last 13
    You are right DeadRedArm that is scary.

45 wins is great if we play someone

next year maybe 50 if we play erath high school
    Wait wait wait DeadRedArm if your RPI is still in the 40's you played someone, somewhere. SOS is included.

SOS is 109 with warren -122 with boyd

and that is fine if you win-you gotta win those games

22-7 versus 100-200 rpi and 7-3 versus 200+ and 5-5 to end the season

ain't exactly gettin-er-done

SOS is 109 with warren -122 with boyd

and that is fine if you win-you gotta win those games

22-7 versus 100-200 rpi and 7-3 versus 200+ and 5-5 to end the season

ain't exactly gettin-er-done
    If you played half of your games against the #1 rpi team and half against the #300 rpi team and won half aginst the #1 and half against the#300 your rpi would be 150 an your sos would be 150. If your sos is 109 you are playing more teams in the upper half and if your rpi is in the 40's you are winning against both the best and the worst, though 5-5 to end the season is a slump. In case you are confused I'm just replying to your Erath comment. It kind of ~~~~ed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner
    If you played half of your games against the #1 rpi team and half against the #300 rpi team and won half aginst the #1 and half against the#300 your rpi would be 150 an your sos would be 150. If your sos is 109 you are playing more teams in the upper half and if your rpi is in the 40's you are winning against both the best and the worst, though 5-5 to end the season is a slump. In case you are confused I'm just replying to your Erath comment. It kind of ~~~~ed me off.
    sorry sir sensitive but the RPI doesn't wrk that way. If it did, everyone in the country would have the "secret formula"

fact is, our best win is versus an RPI 41 with their ace on the hump
    and an ACE he is-but that's what we got

champs of a one bid league with a conference rpi of 16
    hell the southland is 14

maybe that's why we are only 8-5 versus that league

one positive is we are 6-0 versus the rpi 1-50

they are

NSU 3-0 rpi 38
    WSU 1-0 rpi 41
    St. John 2-0 rpi 47

impressed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast