Thread: Baseball Vs. WKU Postponed

1. UL Baseball Baseball Vs. WKU Postponed

They just announced during the UL softball game that the baseball game tonight vs. WKU will be postponed because the umpires were not able to make it due their flight being delayed because of rain. The game will be made up tomorrow as the teams will play a double-header, beginning at 1pm.

Default Re: Baseball Vs. WKU Postponed

This could really hurt us for the conf. tourney. This gives Ardoin one less day of rest. WKU could care less, they will be staying home.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    This could really hurt us for the conf. tourney. This gives Ardoin one less day of rest. WKU could care less, they will be staying home.
    This will actually give Kevin one more day's rest. Kevin wasn't going to pitch wednesday anyway being that we are going to be facing the # 8 seed. I know this for a fact. Don't over look WKU they will be alot of emotions due to there coach of 26 years retiring. (They are playing for pride and there coach, sometimes that can be scary to face a team like that)

If you want my opinion, I think we should sit Kevin in the WKU series and let him come back during the conference tournament. It seems that over the last couple of seasons he develops a dead arm during the last month of the season. It is hard for a guy with a slight frame like his, who is also a power pitcher, to maintain his velocity and movement throughout the year. I personally think that he has been overused both last year and this year.

My suggestion would be to start Faught in game one tomorrow and throw Glass in game two. I would then come back with, .(drum roll) are you ready IAN PECORARO on Sunday.

Just my opinion.

Pecoraro is a canidate to start Wednesday opening tourney, from a very relaible source. As for starting Glass, Salazar would get the nod first.

The above is me being excited about Ian starting. There were no smilies cutting flips.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud

The above is me being excited about Ian starting. There were no smilies cutting flips.
    I hope he get a chance, he deserves it and has really not got his fair chance yet. If he don't start I hope he gets some mound time during the tourney. My source said starting Wed but it all depends on what happens this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    This will actually give Kevin one more day's rest. Kevin wasn't going to pitch wednesday anyway being that we are going to be facing the # 8 seed. I know this for a fact. Don't over look WKU they will be alot of emotions due to there coach of 26 years retiring. (They are playing for pride and there coach, sometimes that can be scary to face a team like that)

Regardless if Kevin wasn't to pitch this coming Wednesday, if he pitches tommorow(Saturday) instead of today(Friday) it is still one day less rest on a short week. Normally kevin gets 6 days between starts, if he pitches on Saturday and skips Wednesday and pitches Thursday as you say, he still only gets 4 days between starts. I would seriously consider not using Kevin this weekend. I feel we are now out of hosting a regional and can still take 2 out of 3 or even sweep without Ardoin this weekend. I would start Salazar for Wednesday, Ardoin Thursday, and Faught on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    Regardless if Kevin wasn't to pitch this coming Wednesday, if he pitches tommorow(Saturday) instead of today(Friday) it is still one day less rest on a short week. Normally kevin gets 6 days between starts, if he pitches on Saturday and skips Wednesday and pitches Thursday as you say, he still only gets 4 days between starts. I would seriously consider not using Kevin this weekend. I feel we are now out of hosting a regional and can still take 2 out of 3 or even sweep without Ardoin this weekend. I would start Salazar for Wednesday, Ardoin Thursday, and Faught on Friday.
    Who even said Kevin would pitch on thursday? Man you have know idea how the pitching rotation will be set up.

I for one would love to see Ian get a start, I am still trying to figure out why he has not had more plaing time. He only had 1/3 of an inning today. Maybe it's because Robe is planning to start him on Wednesday.

Thread Information