Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SETTING NO LIMITS (Improve Basketball Program Meeting)

1. UL Basketball basketball/support

Calling all basketball fans, fans of the university and the athletic program, i went to a meeting at the basketball office with gerald and a number of other fans discussing ways to help raise money, increase fans and support base, and increase interest raise money for recruiting, for basketball if anyone is interested and want to get involve call the basketball office 337-262-3865 or gerald at 337-262-4438, 482-0927. if you know of a buisness that might be interested please call gerald and he will follow up, we need help and anyone can contribute in one way or another.

THE NEXT MEETING MAY 19TH AT THE BASKETBALL OFFICE, please come and give your input and ideas all is welcome, also geralds e-mail is sports@louisiana.edu. please help!

Default Re: basketball/support

When you say follow up, what exactly do you mean? I plan on giving my works phone number to him to give a phone call to my bosses. Is this the best way to go about it?

3. Default Re: basketball/support

that is a good idea, but if you could also talk to gerald first (i assuming) that would be great thank you and i forgot to mention the meeting is at 5:30 on the 19th if you can make it. GEAUX CAJUNS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    i forgot to mention the meeting is at 5:30 on the 19th if you can make it.
    GEAUX CAJUNS.
    Just a reminder, the meeting is TODAY for any and all that can go and help out.

Too bad we couldn't have a dude that would do stunts like jumping on a trampoline and dunking, like they do in the pros. They could promote The Flyin' Cajun Express Dude Person. Hell, I don't know. But. it would be cool.

Yes, ideas to increase season ticket sales, improve recruiting monies, sponsor an Cajun Classic Bayou, improve locker rooms, raise monies for marketing, sell ALL the Suites, etc.

DaddyCajun will not be able to go as he has to be the CoachDaddyCajun tonight, softball fast pitch girls!!

DaddyCajun!!

If the university wants to raise money, they should do the half and half lotto that's done at the baseball games. A dollar a ticket and if half of the fans (Let's say an average of 4,000 fans) buy one your looking at $2,000 split between the university and the winner. Multiply that $1000 times the 13 of last years games.$13,000 PRICELESS

Daddycajun, make this suggetion to Gerald.

Oldman, can you elaborate on what was discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    If the university wants to raise money, they should do the half and half lotto that's done at the baseball games. A dollar a ticket and if half of the fans (Let's say an average of 4,000 fans) buy one your looking at $2,000 split between the university and the winner. Multiply that $1000 times the 13 of last years games.$13,000 PRICELESS

Daddycajun, make this suggetion to Gerald.

Take that a step further and do it at football games. Set up a few booths at the entrances. If we average over 20,000 in attendance and even half of those buy 1 ticket thats $10,000 to be split every game. And unlike the lotto where you don't know if someone is going to winin a given week, someone would walk away with about $5,000 each week and UL nets an additional $5,000.

Default Basketball Meeting 5/19/05

Couldn't make it. What was discussed? Any conclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58
    Take that a step further and do it at football games. Set up a few booths at the entrances. If we average over 20,000 in attendance and even half of those buy 1 ticket thats $10,000 to be split every game. And unlike the lotto where you don't know if someone is going to winin a given week, someone would walk away with about $5,000 each week and UL nets an additional $5,000.
    I think that is great. Why not????

Some super ideas TripleThreat and Hammer, good to hear from you again. Hammer I met you once tearing down some shelving in phase one the wet area, tralining room, equipment room etc. Trip met you at LeTriomphe, that I was told was a very good meeting, very productive!!!

LiRobi, don't be a stranger my next door boxseat bud!

I sure hope that All THREE of you are buying Football Season Tickets! Hammer is big enough if he has any eligibility left he could join the squad as a lineman!!

DaddyCajun!!

Lil Robi, computers are working very good, thanks again so much. Hey maybe this Summer you and your family could come over and I could burn some meat. Maybe get a few of the other box seat crew to come also!

Call me!

DaddyCajun!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: basketball/support

As far as getting people in the door for football games, I know that the 2 to 3 thousand people that miss games because of no alcohol sales hurts.

Many people refuse to leave the parking lot and tailgate the whole game. I know for a fact that attendance would increase with alcohol sales at the football games. People want to go to UL games now, let's keep them happy.

Default Re: Basketball Meeting 5/19/05

I did not go either and am curious to know what all was talked about. Gerald and Coach Lee both said that remodeling the locker rooms, increasing season ticket sales(ideas), recruiting monies, Cajun Clasic Tournament, etc.

Gerald did say that the indoor practice facility will again have the Basketball addition done in November also!!!

DaddyCajun!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information