Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lady Cajuns 2005 Post Season Run

Default Re: Lady Cajuns 1st Inning woes and lack of offense spells home

All I can say, besides the fact that I love our team and support them all the way, is that I saw this coming. I know our team is good and special, but anytime this season we played truly quality opponents, we more or less folded. The good thing about this, besides the stellar season we had, was that it gave us great experience for next year. Mark my words it's only a matter of time before we go back to the WCWS.

God Bless.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns 1st Inning woes and lack of offense spells home

It was a great season and nothing to hand there heads about. It is time to start rooting for Oklahoma due to two locals on the roster Hollis from STM and Fox from Acadiana, my only question? How did we let two local girls get away from us?

Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs. Oregon, Elimination Game

Would have liked our chance better with Brooke 100%.

4. Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs. Oregon, Elimination Game

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    Would have liked our chance better with Brooke 100%.
    Brooke of 2004 coupled with this years format, and UL is in the WCWS

Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs. Oregon, Elimination Game

I believe we would have won this regional with Brooke 100% althought most people don't know that there were 3 ranked teams in this regional. A regional win would have matched us with Arizona which would have been no easy task.

6. Default Passing the torch

A special era in Louisiana's Ragin' Cajun softball officially ended on Sunday when the charter bus carrying the 2005 Cajuns pulled into the parking lot at Ragin' Cajun Park.

Seniors Jill Robertson, Brooke Mitchell, Joy Webre, Crystal George and Tiffany Hebert saw their final collegiate action when the Cajuns bowed out of the NCAA Tournament at Region 14 in Norman, Okla., on Saturday.

The quintet helped the Cajuns to the 2003 Women's College World Series, to a 60-8 record last season and to more than 50 victories per season under co-head coaches Stefni and Michael Lotief.

All five of the seniors are focused on life after softball - Mitchell to get married, Robertson heading for graduate school, for example - but with a little regret that the 2005 campaign ended with a 51-10 record and short of the CWS.

"You always want to end your last game in Oklahoma City," said Hebert, who will graduate in December and then attend physical therapy school. "But it's been a long four years, a good four years. I've learned a lot, and it's made me stronger.

"I worked really hard and have a lot of great memories."

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information