Bottom of 5th
    Cajuns--0
    Sonners-3

Default Re: Lady Cajuns update vs Sooners

Robertson blast one to tie the game at 3-3. her 5th of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Robertson blast one to tie the game at 3-3. her 5th of the year
    Geaux Cajuns we are right back in the game.

now 5 to 3 sooners leading top 6th.

the umpires are really calling a one sided game and not in our favor. 5-3 going to the bottom of the 6th

now 7 to 3

Cajuns lose 7-3 and move on to a match up with either Oregon or Wichita tonight in the losers bracket. Let's move on and take it to whoever we have to face.

Cajuns lose 7-3 and move on to a match up with either Oregon or Wichita tonight in the losers bracket. Let's move on and take it to whoever we have to face.

Cajun lose 6 to 3 I made a mistake on the score earlier, the only good that comes from this is we will get a game rest while the loser plays back to back.

JMV do you think we will see brooke again at all in this tourny. Her ribs seemed to give her a lot of problems yesterday and forced her to work out of some bad situations. I think Bobbit and Kershberg can handle it, what do you think?

JMV do you think we will see brooke again at all in this tourny. Her ribs seemed to give her a lot of problems yesterday and forced her to work out of some bad situations. I think Bobbit and Kershberg can handle it, what do you think?
    With the game on the line I at least try Mitchell (she really is a gamer) and the team feeds off of her. Brooke is also experience and a big game pitcher. Bobbitt on the other hand is 18-1 and Kershberg has looked decent in limited action this season. However I do believe coach Lotief will pitch Bobbitt and / or Kershberg tonight and hope to get to championship sunday with Brooke getting to rest and staying out of the heat. We can win three in a row, with Brooke 100% we would be undefeated right now. Never underestimated these girls with there backs against the walls.

11. UL Softball Lady Cajuns vs. Oregon, Elimination Game

Lady Cajuns already down 1-0 in the top of the first inning, Oregon has bases loaded with 2 outs. Brooke Mitchell and Heather Bobbit were supposed to get a rest tonight but both are already up in the bullpen as Kerschberg(?) is having control problems.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs. Oregon, Elimination Game

3-1 Ducks was the last I heard, anyone know the final?

DaddyCajun!

13. Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs. Oregon, Elimination Game

Lady Cajuns end the season with a 3-1 loss to Oregon tonight. Kirchberg went the distance for the Lady Cajuns while Oregon's Cook went all 7 innings only facing 2 batters over the minimun. The Lady Cajuns couldn't make up for a rocky first inning which consisted of 2 consecutive walks and then a 2-run double. A sacrifice fly also plated a run in the first inning for the Ducks. Oh well, great season once again for the Lady Cajuns and with Heather Bobbitt back we should have another good one next year. Go Cajuns.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs. Oregon, Elimination Game

Our Ladys went out as Champions! Nothing to feel bad about! Love ya Lady Cajuns! Thanks for the wonderful season!

15. UL Softball Lady Cajuns 1st Inning woes and lack of offense spells home

NORMAN, Okla. - The 2005 college softball season came to an end for Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns, after dropping two consecutive games in day two of the NCAA Region 14 Tournament in Norman, Okla., on Saturday.

In a winner's bracket contest to start the day, the third-seeded Cajuns fell to the host team, and top-seeded Oklahoma Sooners, 6-3, before being eliminated by the No. 2-seeded Oregon Ducks, 3-1.

"This team has a lot of character, which is why it hurts so bad right now," said co-head coach Michael Lotief. "They wanted it so bad, but it just didn't happen."

In the opener, Oklahoma jumped on Cajun starter Heather Bobbitt for three runs in the opening frame, taking advantage of an infield single and a walk, to take a quick 3-0 lead.

Bobbitt settled in however, and started to put up goose eggs, allowing her team the opportunity to come back.

The Cajuns took advantage of that opportunity in the bottom half of the fifth, when with two outs, Codi Runyan and Tiffany Hebert drew back-to-back walks off of Sooner starter Kami Keiter, before Jill Robertson tied the game at three with a three-run homer over the left-field fence.

"I just had a feeling that I was going to do something," said Robertson. "I wasn't trying to hit a home run, but I just wanted to be at the plate and do something positive in that situation."

The Cajun momentum was short-lived however, and the Sooners answered with two unearned runs in the top of the sixth, as Allison Horne, hitting for Keiter, delivered a two-out, two-run double, to give Oklahoma the lead back, 5-3.

The rest of the day

Steve Peloquin
    Sports Correspondent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information