Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Projections Cajuns at Alex Box

1. UL Baseball Projections Cajuns at Alex Box

Kimmey, who covers college baseball for Baseball America and is in charge of the magazine's Top 25 poll, said he expects the University of Louisiana at Lafayette to be the No. 2 seed at a regional at Alex Box Stadium.

"Because Tulane is going to be a higher seed than LSU, Tulane wouldn't have as strong a No. 2 seed at its regional as LSU would have at its regional," Kimmey said. "The NCAA likes to keep teams as close to their geographical area as possible, so I think you would see Louisiana-Lafayette play there in Baton Rouge."

LSU has to win to make that happen. If the Tigers lose the three-game series this weekend at Mississippi State and go 0-2 in the SEC tournament, LSU could wind up as the No. 2 seed in a regional hosted by Louisiana-Lafayette, Kimmey said.

The Ragin' Cajuns hosted a regional in 2000 before winning a super regional at South Carolina to advance to their only College World Series.

The source of the story

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Projections Cajuns at Alex Box

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy

"Because Tulane is going to be a higher seed than LSU, Tulane wouldn't have as strong a No. 2 seed at its regional as LSU would have at its regional," Kimmey said. "The NCAA likes to keep teams as close to their geographical area as possible, so I think you would see Louisiana-Lafayette play there in Baton Rouge."

LSU has to win to make that happen. If the Tigers lose the three-game series this weekend at Mississippi State and go 0-2 in the SEC tournament, LSU could wind up as the No. 2 seed in a regional hosted by Louisiana-Lafayette, Kimmey said.

LOL!!! Wouldnt windbags like Sonnysissy and 86 clown freak if they got sent to Lafayette.

"The HORRA"!!!!!!

Z.

I could see it now, "IT'S ALL RIGGED, THEY SET US UP, WE'RE TOO GOOD FOR LAFAYETTE! THEY HAVE TO COME TO BATON ROUGE TO PLAY US!". Then they might realize that we're just as good as LSUA&M, if not better! GEAUX UL!

Is there anyone else in here routing for Miss. St this weekend?

now be honest--does it stand for:

'zero brains are real terrific?' i'm less sure of the '21'--can't be the i.q., cuz that would require a little bit of brains. age would be logical, but no way it's that, cuz, well, just read your posts.

don't say 'no' just as a reflex cuz a windbag figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    now be honest--does it stand for:

'zero brains are real terrific?' i'm less sure of the '21'--can't be the i.q., cuz that would require a little bit of brains. age would be logical, but no way it's that, cuz, well, just read your posts.

don't say 'no' just as a reflex cuz a windbag figured it out.
    Didn't we tell you not to post here anymore, you freakin idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    LOL!!! Wouldnt windbags like Sonnysissy and 86 clown freak if they got sent to Lafayette.

"The HORRA"!!!!!!

Z.
    Z,

They would have a fit if they had to play us at the Tigue. However, the pain of 2000 is still fresh in my mind. I hope we get to play them again, but let's save the smack until we whip their ~~~.

Love ya man.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Default Re: Projections Cajuns at Alex Box

SEBaseball's latest projections have us as the #2 at Tulane.

I don't feel that it really matters where we play no matter what you will still have to make some noise. If you are going to compete with the best you might as well play them first. The only team anyone remembers are the world series champions anyway. Go Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    I don't feel that it really matters where we play no matter what you will still have to make some noise. If you are going to compete with the best you might as well play them first. The only team anyone remembers are the world series champions anyway. Go Cajuns.
    Amen. Just win baby.

Glass to start, Ian should get to pitch a few innings however.

12. Default Re: Projections Cajuns at Alex Box

I agree, it doesn't really matter where we play but this projection is not real favorable for the Cajuns. St. John's is playing better now then when we played them and they have a starter and closer who should go in the first two rounds. We beat them before but they are not a 3 seed that any 2 seed wants in their bracket. Anyway, I don't see the Cajuns as a number 2 in NO since I think the Cajuns will be a borderline #1 and Tulane will probable be the number 1 national seed so they will likely get a weaker #2 than the Cajuns in their regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick
    I agree, it doesn't really matter where we play but this projection is not real favorable for the Cajuns. St. John's is playing better now then when we played them and they have a starter and closer who should go in the first two rounds. We beat them before but they are not a 3 seed that any 2 seed wants in their bracket. Anyway, I don't see the Cajuns as a number 2 in NO since I think the Cajuns will be a borderline #1 and Tulane will probable be the number 1 national seed so they will likely get a weaker #2 than the Cajuns in their regional.
    True, it has not been mention but the Cajuns could end up in a regional somewhere in Texas.

14. UL Baseball Re: Projections Cajuns at Alex Box

True, it has not been mention but the Cajuns could end up in a regional somewhere in Texas.
    Baylor and Texas are likely national seeds. If the Cajuns are a strong #2 seed (which remains to be seen - they could be a #1), I do not see the NCAA selection committee placing them in a national seed regional. Not unless the Cajuns really tank the remainder of their games.

Austin and Waco are the only regionals I see in Texas. I do not think Rice is awarded a host regional right now. But if they were, the Cajuns would be a good fit as a #1/#2 seed there since the teams are close in terms of performance and strength.

I do think that Mark missed the mark with his placing of the Cajuns in the New Orleans regional. The NCAA will not do that (if the season ended today).

Brian

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Z,

They would have a fit if they had to play us at the Tigue. However, the pain of 2000 is still fresh in my mind. I hope we get to play them again, but let's save the smack until we whip their ~~~.

Love ya man.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that aint smack, chief

you will see smack.when its time

Z.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information