Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

Default this a.m. on Stevie P's show

a guy called in with an espn-like poll question. said he and his lsu fan buddy had a discussion about what the most momentous thing in cajun athletic history was. the guy said these five, with the lsu guy of course touting the negatives:

--basketball death penalty;
    --baldwin's team setting the ncaa record for points given up in a season;
    --win over mediocre a & m;
    --losing at the college world series [the lsu fan guy said lsu won-is he right?];
    --water-ski national title, at least according to the sign on hwy 90.

what do y'all think? stevie thought it was beating the 6-6 a&m juggernaut. a subsequent caller was impressed with 11 losses in a row to mcneese running the cajuns to new division. of course the name change was a close second in time magazine's most important event of the year awhile back.

Default Re: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

I could be wrong but I beleive Stanford won the CWS title that year.

3. Default Re: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    a guy called in with an espn-like poll question. said he and his lsu fan buddy had a discussion about what the most momentous thing in cajun athletic history was. the guy said these five, with the lsu guy of course touting the negatives:

--losing at the college world series [the lsu fan guy said lsu won-is he right?];

what do y'all think? stevie thought it was beating the 6-6 a&m juggernaut. a subsequent caller was impressed with 11 losses in a row to mcneese running the cajuns to new division. of course the name change was a close second in time magazine's most important event of the year awhile back.
    Its says more about these zero's than it does about UL.

You cant let that stuff mess w/you. these guys are clowns.

Z.

clutch

i looked it up on the 'net--lsu beat stanford that year in the final.

I should have remembered that but thanks for clearing it up for me.

7. Default Re: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

He presented himself as a UL fan, but it was evident to me, he was none the sort.

I wish Stevie P. hadn't nixed it the historical subject, it could have been fun.

ps in 2000 it was LSU 6-5 over Standford, I was rooting for LSU.

8. Default Re: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

Congratulations, Turbine.I knew that you had class. Most of us were rooting for the Tigers, once we were eliminated. If we couldn't ge the chance to slash the west coast freaks, glad the Tigers could.

Most of ya'll have been around UL for far more years than myself.didn't we play Stanford and it came down to a controversial play?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfrom86
    Congratulations, Turbine.I knew that you had class. Most of us were rooting for the Tigers, once we were eliminated. If we couldn't ge the chance to slash the west coast freaks, glad the Tigers could.
    bs.

z.

no stanford won game 1 something like 9-5 and won the last game like 15-9

6-4. 19-9.

None other then Dana Terro, give him a call and tell him how much we enjoy knowing he didn't graduate from UL and couldn't get into LSU.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfrom86

To my son is a sissy mia,
    Your attempt at humor and insult is as about entertaining as the movie Ishtar. If you are going to slam Ragin Cajun athletics and UL have the guts to speak your mind. You come on here pretending to be a supporter with your "Lousiana is #1" moniker but you are simply a liar and a trouble maker. But please continue posting as your stupidity makes me laugh. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information