Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

Default Re: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    a guy called in with an espn-like poll question. said he and his lsu fan buddy had a discussion about what the most momentous thing in cajun athletic history was. the guy said these five, with the lsu guy of course touting the negatives:

--basketball death penalty;
    --baldwin's team setting the ncaa record for points given up in a season;
    --win over mediocre a & m;
    --losing at the college world series [the lsu fan guy said lsu won-is he right?];
    --water-ski national title, at least according to the sign on hwy 90.

what do y'all think? stevie thought it was beating the 6-6 a&m juggernaut. a subsequent caller was impressed with 11 losses in a row to mcneese running the cajuns to new division. of course the name change was a close second in time magazine's most important event of the year awhile back.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun1300

I dont get it?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    a guy called in with an espn-like poll question. said he and his lsu fan buddy had a discussion about what the most momentous thing in cajun athletic history was. the guy said these five, with the lsu guy of course touting the negatives:

--basketball death penalty;
    --baldwin's team setting the ncaa record for points given up in a season;
    --win over mediocre a & m;
    --losing at the college world series [the lsu fan guy said lsu won-is he right?];
    --water-ski national title, at least according to the sign on hwy 90.

what do y'all think? stevie thought it was beating the 6-6 a&m juggernaut. a subsequent caller was impressed with 11 losses in a row to mcneese running the cajuns to new division. of course the name change was a close second in time magazine's most important event of the year awhile back.

Yeah, you're probably the jackass that made that call. And then when UL fans call in response you purple and ~~~~ pukes get all self righteous and start telling us to worry about ourselves rather than the school to the east. Yet the school to the east and its bandwagon fans here in Lafayette can't stop thinking about UL and trying to put the Cajuns down, can you?

4. Default Re: this a.m. on Stevie P's show

You really don't think that the LSU followers, true followers, are concerned about us, Southern, ULM, SLU, LaTech, Tulane, Etc.do you? Most of those folks probably read the morning paper for LSU Sports information, and then see how all of the other state schools are doing. Probably, especially watching Tulane, as they have a real chance of winning it all this year. I am sure that they wish all of us well, realizing that if ever we meet on the same field, court, etc. that the game will be decided by the athletes who participate and not by our "cajun nation". I wish we could debate some of their fans in this forum, but they are probably busy with sights like SECsports.com, warrennolan.com, rolltide.com, ncaasports.com, razorbacks.com, etc I really don't hink that we threaten the LSU faithful, Tulane faithful or Southern faithful. We can make a difference if we stay focussed and do some damage in the upcoming tournaments.GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfrom86
    You really don't think that the LSU followers, true followers, are concerned about us, Southern, ULM, SLU, LaTech, Tulane, Etc.do you? Most of those folks probably read the morning paper for LSU Sports information, and then see how all of the other state schools are doing. Probably, especially watching Tulane, as they have a real chance of winning it all this year. I am sure that they wish all of us well, realizing that if ever we meet on the same field, court, etc. that the game will be decided by the athletes who participate and not by our "cajun nation". I wish we could debate some of their fans in this forum, but they are probably busy with sights like SECsports.com, warrennolan.com, rolltide.com, ncaasports.com, razorbacks.com, etc I really don't hink that we threaten the LSU faithful, Tulane faithful or Southern faithful. We can make a difference if we stay focussed and do some damage in the upcoming tournaments.GEAUX CAJUNS!!
    I smell tiger ~~~~

Is it just me?

speaking of WarrenNolan.com, did you see the blurb about obnoxious lsu fans?

I think ole' Boyd mentioned it as well.

what a legacy

Z.

a mess is what I am reading

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    I smell tiger ~~~~

Is it just me?

speaking of WarrenNolan.com, did you see the blurb about obnoxious lsu fans?

I think ole' Boyd mentioned it as well.

what a legacy

Z.

But, Z, they aren't worried about us. Didn't you know that? That's why they spend so much time on our message boards and on KPEL saying it over and over. LOL!

8. Default We Need to Grow Up

Anytime one of us, who are not threatened by LSU and who are not eaten up with envy, try to give an opinion of where we are and what we need to dowe are blasted as a "kitty kitty" or some other childish name. We will always be a second class citizen and a bunch of wanna bees if we continue to act as brats. I, along with many other ULL graduates have always tried to take the higher road and step up onto the next level, but a very negative and quite simple fan base always makes a tremendous amount of "noise" and thwarts our efforts. The noise is obnoxious and without merit, and that noise deters from everything that we have tried to establish. Our children, now of college age, are seeing this nonsense and are wanting to leave our beloved Acadiana, cross the basin and seek an enviroment that is more in line with other college cultures around the nationLSU. We need to be proud of what we have at ULL, promote what we have and be the best that we can be. Lafayette is a beautiful and unique place; a place that needs to be promoted along with our university. Everyone knows where LSU is, that it is the flagship university and that it is a member of the SEC. How many people know where Lafayette is located, what our culture is like and what we have to offer.we need ESPN, etc. to promote the University of Louisiana at LafayetteULL.and sell our city.LSU sells our state. We were mad when they kicked us out of Nova Scotialet us be proud of what we have builtGEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: We Need to Grow Up

Anytime one of us, who are not threatened by LSU and who are not eaten up with envy, try to give an opinion of where we are and what we need to dowe are blasted as a "kitty kitty" or some other childish name. We will always be a second class citizen and a bunch of wanna bees if we continue to act as brats. I, along with many other ULL graduates have always tried to take the higher road and step up onto the next level, but a very negative and quite simple fan base always makes a tremendous amount of "noise" and thwarts our efforts. The noise is obnoxious and without merit, and that noise deters from everything that we have tried to establish. Our children, now of college age, are seeing this nonsense and are wanting to leave our beloved Acadiana, cross the basin and seek an enviroment that is more in line with other college cultures around the nationLSU. We need to be proud of what we have at ULL, promote what we have and be the best that we can be. Lafayette is a beautiful and unique place; a place that needs to be promoted along with our university. Everyone knows where LSU is, that it is the flagship university and that it is a member of the SEC. How many people know where Lafayette is located, what our culture is like and what we have to offer.we need ESPN, etc. to promote the University of Louisiana at LafayetteULL.and sell our city.LSU sells our state. We were mad when they kicked us out of Nova Scotialet us be proud of what we have builtGEAUX CAJUNS!!!
    LOL!!!

I have to give you an E for effort tiger boy!!!

Z.

10. Default Re: We Need to Grow Up

Actually, there wasn't much banter on this forum about LSU really until today, when you and Sonsissymia really brought up these issues. Although some people here care about LSU, most don't, now if you want to be acknowledged as a Cajun fan, I suggest talking about Cajun athletics instead of continuously bringing up this lame duck topic.

Tuffguy

P.S. I'm not going to get into an argument about the Name Issue, but please for the love of god, don't come here and lecture me on what I can and can't call the university I attend. You can call it whatever you want, but just because you call it that doesn't mean I have to.

Yes how transparent is your post tiger bait?! Call us what you feel the need to as WE will determine as Students, alumni, business owners, doctors, lawyers, professors, media, athletes, ACADIANA what UL, LOUISIANA'S RAGIN CAJUNS, UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA becomes, NOT U especially, or any of your croans!!!

Name changes have ALWAYS been fought by the flagship and its legislative alumni, but all name changes came to pass and this one is NOT finished passing, so you may not want to get in the way else things could get messy, real messy.

DaddyCajun!!

Is this the Dana Terro that graduated from Acadiana? If so, for shame, for shame you bring to Acadiana the school and the Area!!

DaddyCajun!

Well stated Daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    P.S. I'm not going to get into an argument about the Name Issue, but please for the love of god, .
    pardon my pun, although, as far as name issues go,, His name starts with a capital G God

ps. church now over (grins)

To summerize: "We should just know our place." What a purple & ~~~~ kiss ~~~.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information