Thread: New Regional Predictions

Default New Regional Predictions

We are now predicted to go to the Oxford, Miss regional hosted by Ole Miss and the Cajuns being a # 2 seed. I guess as our rpi and sos(strength of schedule) weakens it will make it harder for us to get a # 1 seed moreless a host regional. I do however fell like if we win the sunbelt conference and the sunbelt tourney we will get a # 1 seed somewhere. The games we should have won against the weaker teams can sometimes come back to bite you and do add up when they start nickle and diming you. Out of our 11 game lost I believe 8 or 9 are to teams with lower rpi's and losing records.

2. Default Re: New Regional Predictions

That would be SAWEEEEEET. I know Ole Miss is no pushover by any means, but I prefer that over New Orleans or Houston.(knowing that they won't send us to BR to beat the Paper Tigers.)

Default Re: New Regional Predictions

Speaking of the 11 loses, I hope the NCAA selection commitee takes notice that of the 11 loses 5 were by 1 run and 2 by 2 runs. There has only been one game that we were not in and that was against Hawaii. Also, 20 times we have scored double digit runs. We also lead the nation in the difference between avg. runs scored v.s. avg runs given up. At this time we avg. 4.6 runs per game more than our opponents. These are some very impressive numbers, the committee should not only look at the rpi but look deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    These are some very impressive numbers.

How far is Oxford? It may not be a bad deal for some of "Poor Folk" that want to go to the regional. (food is probably not too good there though)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    How far is Oxford? It may not be a bad deal for some of "Poor Folk" that want to go to the regional. (food is probably not too good there though)
    We still have two weeks left of the regular season and the conf tourney to deal with and that will all be consider in the selection process. This is only a prediction that doesn't mean that's where we will go. Example in the last four weeks we have been told this 1st-we where hosting, following week going to Arkansas, following week going to Tennesee, then now Mississippi who know? The bottom line is we will just have to play our style of ball no matter where we end up. Geaux Cajuns. Another thing to consider is the lowest seed in the conference tourney could win the tourney and get a automatic bid with a losing record. If we win the rest of our games and the conference tourney we should be a # 1 seed and if that happen we might be able to (backwards pitch) meaning throwing our # 3 starter against the # 4 seed and letting Ardion and Faught pitch game 2 and 3. There is a huge difference in a #1 and # 2 seed. Please don't rag me I know some of you will say that you never save your best pitcher for a later game because you must win the first one first but if we get a # 1 seed I can "almost" promise that is what we will do.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    about 5-5.5 hours...

Z.

HTML Code:
    (food is probably not too good there though)
    I had a good baloney sandwich and tea there.

Yes, I would definitely make a road trip to a regional/super regional that is within driving distance say "6 hours"! Sure hope we are a 1 or 2 seed and not be matched in a super regional with Texas!! Thats it, I would be ok in a Super Regional with Tulane/LSU!!!

DaddyCajun!
    LOUISIANA PROUD!!

10. Default Re: New Regional Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    We are now predicted to go to the Oxford, Miss regional hosted by Ole Miss and the Cajuns being a # 2 seed.
    Yes, Oxford would be a good fit for us. Unless we could go to the northeast, somewhere, as a # 1 seed. No, they won't send us to Baton Rouge, at least as long as Skip is around and has the stroke that he has. You know, we did get a little out of hand with that whole Regional appearance over there. We also got a little out of hand in Columbia, South Carolina and in Omaha with Clemson. We just like that "in your face" baseball which doesn't fly very well with baseball traditionalist and umpires. Besides, once we show our frustration over any little thing, as we do, we are usually done......UALR??? We must keep our composure if we are to get the respect that we so desperately seek.......GEAUX CAJUNS

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfrom86
    Yes, Oxford would be a good fit for us. Unless we could go to the northeast, somewhere, as a # 1 seed. No, they won't send us to Baton Rouge, at least as long as Skip is around and has the stroke that he has. You know, we did get a little out of hand with that whole Regional appearance over there. We also got a little out of hand in Columbia, South Carolina and in Omaha with Clemson. We just like that "in your face" baseball which doesn't fly very well with baseball traditionalist and umpires. Besides, once we show our frustration over any little thing, as we do, we are usually done......UALR??? We must keep our composure if we are to get the respect that we so desperately seek.......GEAUX CAJUNS
    more bs.

z.

13. Default Re: New Regional Predictions

Come on folks......we really do need to get to a Regional in which we can advance and represent our university well; not to mention our city. We would do really well up in the northeast and get a much higher seed than in any southern region. Yes, we really do need to monitor our behavior.....we came out of all of that with a bloody nose.....our people looked to be the aggresser at each of those locations. We are the new kids on the block and will be scrutinized much harder than the "old regulars". We have far too much potential to let our composure drag us down.

Come on folks......we really do need to get to a Regional in which we can advance and represent our university well; not to mention our city. We would do really well up in the northeast and get a much higher seed than in any southern region. Yes, we really do need to monitor our behavior.....we came out of all of that with a bloody nose.....our people looked to be the aggresser at each of those locations. We are the new kids on the block and will be scrutinized much harder than the "old regulars". We have far too much potential to let our composure drag us down.
    sniff....sniff....

here kitty, kitty...

how about the job Y-vet is doing this year, huh?

rock on...

Thread Information