Thread: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

Default To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

I know this is not a baseball question but what are the Lady Cajuns chance of hosting a regional? Winning the Conference tourney will help, but last season we got screwed and ended up as a # 5 seed it just didn't make sence.

2. UL Softball Re: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    I know this is not a baseball question but what are the Lady Cajuns chance of hosting a regional? Winning the Conference tourney will help, but last season we got screwed and ended up as a # 5 seed it just didn't make sence.
    I think last year was a case where the selection committee really hammered the Lady Cajuns on their lack of schedule strength. The committee, like the baseball selection committee, relied on the RPI (which was not very strong). This was another case where the polls and RPI were far apart. The #5 was not justified, but it was obvious what they used to arrive at that conclusion.

Brian

3. Default Re: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say UL hosts for a similar reason to why LSU will be hosting in Baton Rouge.

. . . not that I know what that reason is . . .

4. UL Softball Re: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say UL hosts for a similar reason to why LSU will be hosting in Baton Rouge.

. . . not that I know what that reason is . . .
    Actually, I had forgotten that the Softball tournament was changed to 16 regionals of four teams this season. That being the case, the Cajuns do have a chance to host. I think a lot will depend on how many teams in the region qualify for the tournament. UL could definitely host as a #2 seed.

Whether or not LSU will be hosting in Baseball this year will be predicated on how they perform this weekend vs. Tennessee and the following weekend at Mississippi State. It is all about how they finish in conference play at this point. And yes, conference tournament games factor into "conference play".

Brian

Default Re: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin
    Actually, I had forgotten that the Softball tournament was changed to 16 regionals of four teams this season. That being the case, the Cajuns do have a chance to host. I think a lot will depend on how many teams in the region qualify for the tournament. UL could definitely host as a #2 seed.

Whether or not LSU will be hosting in Baseball this year will be predicated on how they perform this weekend vs. Tennessee and the following weekend at Mississippi State. It is all about how they finish in conference play at this point. And yes, conference tournament games factor into "conference play".

Brian
    Brian will there also be a super regional format for softball as well?

6. UL Softball Re: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

Brian will there also be a super regional format for softball as well?
    Yes. Regionals are 5/20 -> 5/22. The Super-Regionals are 5/27 -> 5/28.

The most recent format (used last season) was eight regionals of eight teams. This season, softball uses the same format as that of baseball.

Regionals selections willl be announced this Sunday evening.

Brian

Yes. Regionals are 5/20 -> 5/22. The Super-Regionals are 5/27 -> 5/28.

The most recent format (used last season) was eight regionals of eight teams. This season, softball uses the same format as that of baseball.

Regionals selections willl be announced this Sunday evening.

Brian
    Me and my wife will be at pete's on johnston sunday.

8. UL Baseball Re: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

Me and my wife will be at pete's on johnston sunday.
    I will be at the ESPN Club on Disney's Boardwalk.

Brian

I will be at the ESPN Club on Disney's Boardwalk.

Brian

Not everybody has your money just kidding lol.

i will be in the water tower district.. with the tv's on

ps. nicole.. will be the young lady easy on the eyes.. serving those there (grins)

11. UL Baseball Re: To Brian (GONE GOLFIN)

Quote Originally Posted by snote
    i will be in the water tower district.. with the tv's on

ps. nicole.. will be the young lady easy on the eyes.. serving those there (grins)
    You are a bad boy Billy. :-)

Thread Information