Thread: To be missed, Louisiana softball seniors: Robertson, Mitchell, Hebert, Webre, George

1. UL Softball To be missed, Louisiana softball seniors: Robertson, Mitchell, Hebert, Webre, George

This is going to be a hard weekend for Stefni and Michael Lotief.

When Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns wrap up the regular season in softball with a four-game series against Sun Belt Conference foe Middle Tennessee, it will be a time to celebrate the careers of five seniors who have been the building blocks of the Lotief regime.

Depending upon NCAA Tournament regional and super regional sites, it could also be the final series at Ragin' Cajun Softball Park for Jill Robertson, Joy Webre, Crystal George, Tiffany Hebert and All-American pitcher Brooke Mitchell.

That part - the feeling of finality and of saying goodbye - is what's going to mark it hard.

Robertson was one of the last recruits of Yvette Girouard before Girouard left to become LSU's coach, and chose to stay with the Cajun program, while the other four players are the first group of recruits brought in by the Lotiefs.

Louisiana is 251-50 with those players on the field, including a 60-8 finish a year ago. UL is the only softball champion the Sun Belt Conference has ever had, has been to four straight NCAA Tournaments with a fifth on the way and reached the 2003 Women's College World Series.

The legacy for the five seniors is one of success, both on the field an off, as all five have been as solid in their academic achievements as they have in softball.

"They trusted us without a track record," Stefni Lotief said. "We told them what we were about, and they bought into it.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

2. UL Baseball Re: Cajuns Vs Nmsu Game #2 Sat Night

Not only did the Lady Cajuns win, both of the wins were run rule games-8-0 and 9-0.

Default Re: To be missed, Louisiana softball seniors: Robertson, Mitchell, Hebert, Webre, George

These seniors have accomplished alot in there career. Good luck in the future.

4. Default Re: To be missed, Louisiana softball seniors: Robertson, Mitchell, Hebert, Webre, George

Ok --give me the starting lineup next year for our ladies ----I think we have some good ones comming back---OK I am ready At catcher---ETC---By the way ---did we sign any futures that could start!!!!

5. Default Re: To be missed, Louisiana softball seniors: Robertson, Mitchell, Hebert, Webre, George

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    Ok --give me the starting lineup next year for our ladies ----I think we have some good ones comming back---OK I am ready At catcher---ETC---By the way ---did we sign any futures that could start!!!!
    That is a tallorder.

I'm going watch them tomorrow I should know more

Thread Information