Thread: Merendino stands tall

1. UL Baseball Merendino stands tall

Over the last 10 days, Justin Merendino's been walking tall.

Tall in Merendino's case is a relative term, since he's generously listed as 5-foot-8 on the University of Louisiana's baseball roster. But the numbers the Ragin' Cajun second baseman has posted recently are large.

Over the last five games, Merendino has 11 hits in 21 at-bats. Four of the hits have been for extra bases, and the senior from Humble, Texas, had his third three-hit game of the season Wednesday in UL's 14-5 victory over Sam Houston State.

It's a far cry from mid-March . and even mid-April, when "Dino" was hitting .246. That's more than 100 points below the .348 average he compiled in his junior season.

"I got into some bad habits," Merendino said, "and when the hits weren't coming I was pressing."

The recent hot streak has bounced him back up to .286, and that mark could get even higher when he and his Cajun teammates head to hitting nirvana for this weekend's Sun Belt Conference series at New Mexico State.

His recent success hasn't gone unnoticed.

"We've done a lot of things this year without his bat," said Cajun coach Tony Robichaux. "Now that we're getting him on track, it's huge for our lineup, and we're going to need him for the stretch run."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Merendino stands tall

We will need Dino to stay hot for the stretch run. If Dino stays hot it could get real nasty. Go Cajuns.

Is anyone else having trouble picking up the game via the internet.

I can't get it either. Anybody have a score?

Its working now.
    National Anthem Playing

I got the feed now. Thanks. Does anyone know if C.J. Blue is still available to pitch, I have not seen him in quite awhile. Being a lefty: he, sanders, and any other lefties can come in and situational pitch late in the game to the New Mex St. better hitters which are lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun
    I got the feed now. Thanks. Does anyone know if C.J. Blue is still available to pitch, I have not seen him in quite awhile. Being a lefty: he, sanders, and any other lefties can come in and situational pitch late in the game to the New Mex St. better hitters which are lefties.

All of our lefty are available including CJ Blue. CJ, Hunter & Buddy hasn't seen much action lately

Thread Information