Page 1 of 153 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. This is a GREAT IDEA The Book: 2007 Football

Louisiana's 2007 Football Schedule
    Date Opponent Site Time
    (Sat.) 2007-09-01 @ South Carolina Columbia, S.C. 6:00 p.m.
    (Sat.) 2007-09-08 OHIO
    7th Annual Herbert Heymann Football Classic
    The SWAMP 6:00 p.m.
    (Sat.) 2007-09-15 McNEESE STATE The SWAMP 6:00 p.m.
    (Sat.) 2007-09-22 TROY* The SWAMP 6:00 p.m.
    (Sat.) 2007-09-29 @ Central Florida Orlando, FL TBA
    (Sat.) 2007-10-06 NORTH TEXAS* The SWAMP 6:00 p.m.
    (Sat.) 2007-10-13 @Arkansas State* Jonesboro, AR TBA
    (Sat.) 2007-10-20 FLORIDA ATLANTIC*
    83rd+ Homecoming
    The SWAMP 4:00 p.m.
    Bye week      
    (Sat.) 2007-11-03 @ Tennessee Knoxville, TN TBA
    (Sat.) 2007-11-10 @ Middle Tennessee* Murfreesboro, TN TBA
    (Sat.) 2007-11-17 @ Florida International* Miami, FL TBA
    (Sat.) 2007-11-24 LOUISIANA-MONROE*
    Senior Day
    The SWAMP 6:00 p.m.
    Info inserted into post by staff. *=Sun Belt game
    http://www.athleticnetwork.net/uploads/07FBSchedule.pdf

2. UL Football CAJUNS ANNOUNCE 2007 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

LOUISIANA La. – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns 2007 football schedule was announced by the athletics department on Wednesday. The Cajuns 12-game slate features six home games for the second straight season and for the third time in the last five seasons. The homecoming game will kick-off at 4pm, while the other five games are set for a 6pm kick-off. All game times are subject to change.

The Cajuns are 15-12 at home under head coach Rickey Bustle and will enjoy five of the first eight games at Cajun Field.

UL will start the season with a road game on Sept. 1 at South Carolina. The Cajuns and Gamecocks opened the 2003 season in Columbia with UL almost pulling the upset, as SC escaped with a 14-7 victory.

The seventh annual Herbert Heymann Football Classic follows with a Sept. 8 meeting vs. Ohio at Cajun Field. The Bobcats were originally scheduled to play at Cajun Field during the 2006 season, but decided to buyout a two-year home-and-home contract. UL will now return the Bobcats visit with a trip to Athens, Ohio in 2010.

The HHFC marks the first game of a three-game homestand that continues with games vs. McNeese State on Sept. 15 and the Cajuns Sun Belt opener vs. Troy on Sept. 22.

The Cajuns and Cowboys will meet for the first time since 1986, renewing a series that spanned 35 years beginning in 1951. The first two games of the series were held in Lake Charles, before the series moved to Lafayette in 1953. The rivalry then alternated between Lake Charles and Lafayette each season.

With the exception of two years (1951 & 1974), the teams met in late November, usually as one of the last games each season. Louisiana won the last meeting between the schools 33-13 on Nov. 15, 1986 in Lake Charles.

The Cajuns step out of conference for a Sept. 29 meeting at Central Florida which caps the Golden Knights season-opening three-game homestand at the new $47 million, 45,000-seat Bright House Networks Stadium. The trip to the UCF campus marks a return from the 2005 season.

Louisiana then returns home to face Sun Belt foe North Texas on Oct. 6 before starting a stretch of three straight homecoming games.

The Cajuns visit Arkansas State on Oct. 13 for the Indians homecoming. UL then travels back home to host Florida Atlantic in the 62nd homecoming in school history. After an open week, UL goes to Knoxville, Tenn. to face the Tennessee Volunteers for homecoming on Nov. 3. The Cajuns and Vols have met only one other time, a 38-3 Vols win on Sept. 5, 1992.

The Cajuns stay on the road to face Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro on Nov. 10 and Florida International in Miami on Nov. 17.

The 2007 regular season comes to an end at Cajun Field versus Louisiana-Monroe on Nov. 24.

UL holds a 73-88-3 all-time record against their 2007 opponents.

LOUISIANA SI

Default Re: FOOTBALL 2007

Dang, we better pile up the wins before the bye week. Because after that.... it's all on the road!

4. Default Re: FOOTBALL 2007

I hate that middle of the schedule game against a powerhouse (Tennessee). If you develop any momentum before that game, and get blown out, it could be a huge mental breakdown. As long as you remember who you are playing...

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    I hate that middle of the schedule game against a powerhouse (Tennessee). If you develop any momentum before that game, and get blown out, it could be a huge mental breakdown. As long as you remember who you are playing...
    Anyone noticed all the 6 pm starts? Homecoming (towards the end of Oct) is the only 4 pm start and the weather should be slightly cooled by then. The collective _____ing was heard all the way to the athletic department.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Dang, we better pile up the wins before the bye week. Because after that.... it's all on the road!
    Except for the last game ... at home versus ULM. All in all, not a bad schedule. I always hate to see a string of road games like the 3 near the end. But, it could be worse. I actually don't mind playing a BCS team in the middle of the season. I'd rather that than always playing them at the start of the season. And I' d hate to have started off @ USC and @ UT-Knoxville!

7. UL Football Cajuns finalize football schedule

UL officially announced its 2007 football schedule Wednesday, one that includes a change in kickoff times from last season.

As previously reported in The Daily Advertiser, the Ragin' Cajun schedule includes six home games and road contests against SEC opponents South Carolina and Tennessee. UL will open its schedule at South Carolina on Sept. 1.

The only date change from the originally-reported schedule was a move of the Florida International road game. That Sun Belt Conference contest was shifted from Oct. 27 to Nov. 17 and will now be the next-to-last game of the season, with UL wrapping up the schedule at home on Nov. 24 against UL Monroe.

A bigger change was in home game times. UL will kick off all its home games at 6 p.m. this season, with the exception of the Oct. 20 Homecoming game against Florida Atlantic at 4 p.m. Last season, the Cajuns used 4 p.m. start times for all six home games.

"We tried the 4 o'clock games to see how it would work," said UL interim athletics director David Walker. "At that time of day, we had a lot of complaints from students on the east side about the sun being in their eyes."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    Except for the last game ... at home versus ULM. All in all, not a bad schedule. I always hate to see a string of road games like the 3 near the end. But, it could be worse. I actually don't mind playing a BCS team in the middle of the season. I'd rather that than always playing them at the start of the season. And I' d hate to have started off @ USC and @ UT-Knoxville!
    I agree. This gives us a chance to build some momentum early which could bring some of the casual fans back. And the 6PM start times was a smart move following last year's attempt at afternoon start times. Should give fans with work conflicts a little better chance to make the games.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    I like the schedule. I especially like Tennessee in the middle of the schedule. It is very tough to start out the season with two BCS schools, like last year. Having TN in the middle does a couple of things. We should have built some momentum by that game, and TN is squarely looking ahead to SEC play. I realize there are other considerations, but I believe overall it improves our situation. I do not like getting hung with some lopsided scores (potentially) and then face the entire rest of our season.

Regardless, I like the two "money games" spread out over the season, and not crammed into the first 2 games. We take on SC, and even if that game doesn't go our way, we return home with little damage, and the fan base ready to get started at home... I like it. We do well against SC, and the better.

I don't even mind the late string of away games. If we have taken care of business at home, we have the upper hand (record, confidence, momentum) and then we take care of things in the final stretch.

Yep, the more I think about it... I like this schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    I agree. This gives us a chance to build some momentum early which could bring some of the casual fans back. And the 6PM start times was a smart move following last year's attempt at afternoon start times. Should give fans with work conflicts a little better chance to make the games.
    This schedule looks nasty. I hope Bustle can get these guys up for every game. The Troy game is looking to be my road trip in to catch a home game.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    I like the schedule. I especially like Tennessee in the middle of the schedule. It is very tough to start out the season with two BCS schools, like last year. Having TN in the middle does a couple of things. We should have built some momentum by that game, and TN is squarely looking ahead to SEC play. I realize there are other considerations, but I believe overall it improves our situation. I do not like getting hung with some lopsided scores (potentially) and then face the entire rest of our season.

Regardless, I like the two "money games" spread out over the season, and not crammed into the first 2 games. We take on SC, and even if that game doesn't go our way, we return home with little damage, and the fan base ready to get started at home... I like it. We do well against SC, and the better.

I don't even mind the late string of away games. If we have taken care of business at home, we have the upper hand (record, confidence, momentum) and then we take care of things in the final stretch.

Yep, the more I think about it... I like this schedule.
    I've always said a team of our caliber will have a much greater chance against a team of Tenn's caliber later in the season. Early on, their lack of cohesion and chemistry is negated by pure talent and ability. Early on, our lack of cohesion and chemistry is negated by nothing.

I just looked at Tenn's schedule. they're sandwiching us with homers against SC the week before and Arkansas the week after. I like that we'll have a bye week the week before, rest a little, heal a little, and more importantly prepare a lot more. Of course we may not be able to compete with their athleticsm, but being able to know what play they're gonna run before they run it will help.

12. Default Re: FOOTBALL 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun
    This schedule looks nasty. I hope Bustle can get these guys up for every game. The Troy game is looking to be my road trip in to catch a home game.
    "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...." Or however it goes. I get goose bumps thinking about it. What is it 150+ days till toe meets leather? I hope I survive the wait. Those of yu who can go to some practices and such I envy...Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7
    What is it 150+ days till toe meets leather?
    this reminds me, I know its probably very premature, except for those of us who are football geeks, but could we get one of those fancy countdown clocks like last season? I'd love to put one on the myspace page. Though i guess it might be more kosher to let the spring sports get finished up first.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    this reminds me, I know its probably vrey premature, except for those of us who are football geeks, but could we get one of those fancy countdown clocks like last season? I'd love to put one on the myspace page. Though i guess it might be more kosher to let the spring sports get finished up first.
    never too early for football although the clock would just make the wait that much longer.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7
    "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...." Or however it goes. I get goose bumps thinking about it. What is it 150+ days till toe meets leather? I hope I survive the wait. Those of yu who can go to some practices and such I envy...Geaux Cajuns.
    Whoa....you just dated yourself. Eligible for AARP yet?

Z.

Page 1 of 153 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information