Page 144 of 153 FirstFirst . 134 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 . LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. Default Re: Its just a fact; we suck

WHen i said the worst in the NCAA, i was generalizing about the entire schedule, not just ASU. mcneese, asu, ulm, fiu, etc.

Default Re: Its just a fact; we suck

Its hard to be a cajun fan. Will we ever go to a bowl game? It looks like we are on the decline again. I thought after the last two seasons we were going up hill. This is not good. It is like we are stuck in a toilet bowl that is about to be flushed completely. We will be lucky to win another one this year.

Why can't we win??? I love the cajuns, but its hard to put up with this crap week in and week out. I guess thats what we get for hiring FIU's Def. Coordinator.

Default Re: Its just a fact; we suck

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Its hard to be a cajun fan. Will we ever go to a bowl game? It looks like we are on the decline again. I thought after the last two seasons we were going up hill. This is not good. It is like we are stuck in a toilet bowl that is about to be flushed completely. We will be lucky to win another one this year.

Why can't we win??? I love the cajuns, but its hard to put up with this crap week in and week out. I guess thats what we get for hiring FIU's Def. Coordinator.
    Take heart. We have been in the toilet for so long there is no place to go but up. We just need to stop waiting six years for someone to do something.

Default Re: ASU game thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Did everybody pay attention to what ArkStFan posted?

He could have been decribing Conque if I didn't know any better.
    Conque has done a bang-up job at UCA.

He didn't inherit nearly the mess there that Roberts picked up at SAU or ASU. UCA had been .500 or better 5 of the 6 seasons before Mike Isom resigned and was the easiest Division II school to recruit to in Arkansas because it had the largest enrollment and a great location about 30 minutes from Little Rock.

Conque does a good job with the media.

Conque has a contract through 2011 for $114,000 a year.

I don't know if the story is true or not but I was told his wife owns a business in the Conway area (antique store maybe) and makes more money than he does. If true he would be very hard for anyone to hire away because that's safe money that isn't impacted by the oddities of recruiting or a star player getting the flu before a key game.

5. UL Football A picture of the stands when Bustle was 1-6 his 1st year (2002)

The fans were in year 7 of 9 straight losing seasons. At the time UL was 1-6 and this is what the stands looked like.

Now it wasn't homecoming but I think the attendance Saturday will show if the program has come anywhere since 2002 when the record was the same.

Attached Images Attached Images  

6. UL Football UL is being out-scored folks

Nothing you don't know but her are the numbers. We are being out scored to the tune of exactly 100 points. And it has little to do with the offense.

Over the rest of the season it projects to scoring 279 points the 3rd year best since Jake was a senior. The defense projects allowing 451 points, which would be the 3rd worse since 1996. Last year coach Pry was fired for having the 2nd best scoring defense since 1996, the guy he beat was himself.

Year: P-F P-A
    2007: 279 451
    2006: 248 296
    2005: 286 304
    2004: 242 272
    2003: 266 415
    2002: 203 352
    2001: 234 365
    2000: 171 355
    1999: 203 415
    1998: 199 453
    1997: 176 553
    1996: 304 404

Default Re: Is Rickey Bustle trying to get fired

U know I was thinking the same thing. It is a sick thought, but its true. I think he realizes that he has got this program as far as it can go. The future doesn't look bright.

UL Football Things We Should not Discuss

Here's a brief list of things I will refuse to discuss until we get a new coaching staff or win 3 in a row:

• Comparisons to Frank Beamer
    • Reminiscing on Jake Delhomme and/or the "OMG TEXAS A&M GAME!!"
    • Our Logo
    • Our suited mascot
    • Our Band
    • The DJ
    • The color of the cement wall surrounding the playing field
    • The indoor practice field
    • Billboards with other teams on them
    • LSU and/or "OMG THEY'RE STEALING OUR FUNDING $$$"
    • Our athletic budget
    • Buying out contracts
    • Louie Cook
    • Field lighting
    • Fan participation
    • Conference membership and/or changing conferences
    • The 2005 1-5 start (edit, for TuffGuy)
    Why? Because, none of the things we lament over, fought for, hope for, or complain about have any impact on the field of play. If you mean to tell me that ANY of the above leads to our current record and the state of this football team, I would tell you to pass the drugs. Every team in this conference has jumped over our stagnant level of "excellence."

The talent is not getting developed.
    The gameplan is not good.
    The production is horrible.
    The kool-aid is rotten.

Loser-ana at Laugh-at, indeed.

I have been holding judgment so far this year, but I think I've now made mine.

Flush this fecal coaching staff.

Default Re: Things We Should not Discuss

Want to talk about the Saints? They won tonight!

UL Football Re: A picture of the stands when Bustle was 1-6 his 1st year (2002)

Just to point out, it looks like it is raining in that pic; but real fans go to the games even when it is raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    Here's a brief list of things I will refuse to discuss until we get a new coaching staff or win 3 in a row:
    • Our Logo
    • Our suited mascot
    • Our Band
    • The DJ
    • Our athletic budget
    • Buying out contracts
    • Louie Cook
    • Field lighting
    • Fan participation
    Why? Because, none of the things we lament over, fought for, hope for, or complain about have any impact on the field of play. If you mean to tell me that ANY of the above leads to our current record and the state of this football team, I would tell you to pass the drugs. Every team in this conference has jumped over our stagnant level of "excellence."

The kool-aid is rotten.

Flush this fecal coaching staff.
    Please for the love of god, do me a favor and add in the 1-5 record in 2005, I think that it will stop now, and it slowed after I had a rant about it, but if I hear one more person say something about that I'm gonna stab myself in the eye with a soldering iron! Face facts, we aren't gonna win out, we aren't win a part of the championship, and we arent goin to the new orleans bowl!

Tuffguy

Default Re: ASU game thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I understand how you feel. The last 2 years of my time on campus we were 4-17-1.

Then, Jake Delhomme showed up.

So, you might have a horrible last year as a student, but stick with the program. We are going to right this ship, and you are going to have some great nights at Cajun Field again. Trust me.
    Oh, they could beat me with a stick, I'm never gonna give up on the program, I love the school and even if I cant bring myself to go out there next saturday (I just think it'll get ugly and I just dont feel like putting myself through that) I'm gonna keep going, I'll continue supporting. I might miss next game, but UNT wont be the last game I attend for the season (I will be at ULM no matter what). I really am thinking about cutting myself off next weekend though, not go to the game, not listen, not get updates, maybe a real week off will help get me out of thid mood (Like what I do sometimes when I'm having an unlucky streak playing poker at my friends house).While I say that, I know deep down that the masochist in me will drag my a#@ out to cajun field to watch us get annihilated,

Tuffguy

Default Re: UL is being out-scored folks

kinda makes me want to vomit looking at those numbers, but it could also be the hangover

14. UL Football Cajuns defense reaches new low

UL's football team fell into a category on Sunday that's reserved for teams living through a nightmare.

When the NCAA national statistics were released Sunday afternoon, the Cajuns were among four teams allowing over 500 yards per game, right down there in 116th place and ahead of only Rice, North Texas and Minnesota.

That's what happens when an opponent tops you by more than 400 yards in one game, which is what happened Saturday in the Cajuns' 52-21 debacle at Arkansas State. The host Indians rolled up 681 offensive yards, a school record, and the Cajuns finished with only 270.

Thirty-three first downs to eight . 85 offensive plays to 47 . 41:11 to 18:49 in possession time.

The numbers are frightening. The visual images were more so.

"I've got a lot of respect for Arkansas State," said Cajun coach Rickey Bustle shortly after UL's worst loss of the season. "That had a lot to do with it. But to do what we did tonight is not acceptable."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ Here's a brief list of things I will refuse to discuss until we get a new coaching staff or win 3 in a row:
    • Our Logo
    • Our suited mascot
    • Our Band
    • The DJ
    • Our athletic budget
    • Buying out contracts
    • Louie Cook
    • Field lighting
    • Fan participation
    • The 2005 1-5 start (edit, for TuffGuy)

The kool-aid is rotten.

Flush this fecal coaching staff. _

Excellent post but beware you will be branded as not being a FAN.you are not allowed to question or call to task those that are producing this Cr@p. If you do. even though you hold 4 season tickets to everything. even though you were one of the 5,000 butts in the seats at the last home game. if you do you are negative and are somehow "hurting" the team.

Thread Information