Page 134 of 153 FirstFirst . 124 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 144 . LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun View Post
    _ Once again you do not know the facts. Not only is UL a major college football program, but also the team has a graduation rate that is number one in the state. If it were one of the worst Ricky Bustle would not have a winning record at home. This program has a great bunch of kids and they deserve to be supported. The players on the team do not need to be put down this way. _
    I thank you, also!!

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun View Post
    _ Once again you do not know the facts. Not only is UL a major college football program, but also the team has a graduation rate that is number one in the state. If it were one of the worst Ricky Bustle would not have a winning record at home. This program has a great bunch of kids and they deserve to be supported. The players on the team do not need to be put down this way. _
    Major college programuhhhh ok. The program does have a great bunch of kids and they deserve to be supported by giving them a new coach.

Major college football programs do not lose, errrrr.get blown out, to IAA stepchild rival in your own backyard!! Let's face it folks, you can either coach or you can't. We have one that can't. We are one of the worst programs in the entire country, including IAA, to deny it is just plain stupidity on your part. Support? that's fine, we can support all we want, but reality is the pavement support is driven on.

Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    I think the numbers reflect the quality of the product. That is the unfortunate truth. One winning season in 11 years. That season was only by one game over a .500 season. I doubt that with the 1,2,3,4 win seasons we have had for the most part of that time frame one could expect stronger support. People with normal emotions cannot take that much disappointment with no end in sight.

You might want to challenge the fans, but I think it would be better if the administration had taken the proper steps over the last twenty plus years to produce a product that the area citizens and alumni could be proud of, and enjoy going to a game beyond being loyal.

That Kool Aid is starting to taste bitter? I wish I would have been wrong but I had my doubts about where Bustle was taking us last season. We were picked by almost everyone to win the Belt but we stunk it up. Perhaps we should hire an actual head coach next time. The program needs to get on track and very soon. It would be nice to enjoy a football season before I die.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Man I hope the majority of you don't dislike reading my c.r.a.p as bad as I hate reading a bunch of yours. But, I suppose you do. I know my memory is sketchy at times, but I could swear I've read some of this regurgitated recycled upchuck about 100 times. Is there a conclusion to this "your stupid. no, your stupid" circle jerk?

Oh, and no offense intended to anyone in particular.

Geaux Cajuns. tear Arkansas State a new one!!!!

UL Football Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Aren't we also playing a lot of young players? Wait until they get some experience! Give Bustle at least two more years!

When he was hired, I tried explaining to people just HOW BAD WE WERE! I told my family members it would take probably 8-10 years for ANY COACH to get us to be a decent program. We had AWFUL players here at that time. He has done an amazing job while starting with nothing. We still have players that are WAY TOO DARN SMALL! Why are our starting DE's only 230lbs and 234lbs?

I think Bustle is entering the next phase right now. Where we are actually, now getting younger players who are better than some of the upper-classmen we have. When you have to play such young guys with little or no field time, it takes time for it to click. To add to this, we also have new coordinators this year, which probably made things even harder.

I REALLY think this team will be much better in 2-3 years if we keep Bustle! If we get rid of him, we would be starting all over yet again!

We need to start this "RAGE" fund started, or whatever it will be called (I like the RAGE name), and get more MONEY into this program to help Bustle in these next few years!

Don't even get me started on all the injuries we have had this year!!!

Rant off.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: its friday, where are all of the predictions?

UL 42
    ASU 17

UL is +5 in the turnover department. It's time. Geaux Cajuns!!!

UL wins 42-41, I'll let the athletes figure out how to get to that score.

Tuffguy

38-31 Cajuns win!

[QUOTE=andrepourciau;90022]
    _
    Why are our starting DE's only 230lbs and 234lbs?

. _
    With some many teams running the spread offense, you need to have DE's that are athletic and can run. I think we need to recruit faster linebackers. The new defensive coordinator has to play with the linebackers he has now until he can get his own recruits in.

Ragin' Cajuns Everybody.

I just finished watching the Hawai'i vs. San Jose State game on ESPN. As embarassing as we may think our attendance was last week, at least we weren't in a position where we had more of the opponent's fans in CAJUN FIELD than our own, like what I saw tonight!!!

11. UL Football Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by makomaker View Post
    Major college football programs do not lose, errrrr.get blown out, to IAA stepchild rival in your own backyard!!
    "Do not" and "should not" are 2 different things.

Major college football programs "do" in fact lose to progams who have NEVER been their rivals, in their own back yard.

UL lost by 3 scores. I can find 3 plays from that game that if changed could reverse the outcome of the game. 3 plays and blown out don't sound like they go together, but I guess they do.

"Do not" and "should not" are 2 different things, just ask Michigan.

12. UL Football Matchups pivotal for ASU and UL

JONESBORO, Ark. - UL's football team has the top rushing offense in the Sun Belt Conference by a wide margin, but most of the matchups favor Arkansas State tonight when the two teams meet in a pivotal league contest.

Both UL (1-1) and ASU (0-1) have a loss in league play, and neither can afford another setback since only once in Sun Belt history has a team with two losses won the league title. UL and ASU were both part of a three-way 5-2 tri-championship in 2005, but it would take an odd set of circumstances for a two-loss team to again figure in the race for the New Orleans Bowl.

That's why tonight is vital for both teams, and why both are looking for a matchup edge.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

13. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns look to build on win at ASU

JONESBORO, Ark. - The last time UL's football team journeyed north to face Arkansas State, the Ragin' Cajuns were a struggling offensive team. But that night, one at the mid-point of the 2005 season, the Cajuns found their offensive spark despite a topsy-turvy 39-36 loss.

UL didn't lose again, averaging 36 points over the final four games on the way to a five-game win streak and a share of the Sun Belt Conference title.

The Cajuns don't need to find an offensive attack in tonight's game against the Indians. When UL takes on the host Tribe at 6 p.m. at Indian Stadium, defensive consistency is the much-prized commodity if another such run is a possibility.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

14. UL Football FAU is off, getting ready for next opponent . UL

Rizzo said the off week will not only let him heal but help the team prepare for the Ragin' Cajuns, who beat FAU 6-0 last season at Lockhart.

"The more you see them the more you can spot their tendencies and know what to expect," said Rizzo, a junior from Coral Springs.

The rest of the story

15. UL Football 3 Plays per game

I can find 3 plays in every game this year, and if undone or made UL would be undefeated.

That is is how close going undefeated and winless can be.

Thread Information