Page 131 of 153 FirstFirst . 121 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 141 . LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. UL Football Rockin' with the Cajuns . . . UL homecoming gets running start Saturday

Homecoming activities for UL kick off Saturday with a triathlon offering a running start to the university's annual celebration that culminates on game day, Oct. 20.

This year's theme is "Rockin' with the Cajuns."

Saturday - 7:30 a.m. triathlon at the Student Aquatic Center at Bourgeois Hall on campus. For more details, visit www.lafayettefitness.org.

Sunday - Homecoming Mass at 11 a.m. at Our Lady of Wisdom on campus. Student spirit displays on view from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. in front of Dupré Library.
    Monday - 11:45 a.m. cake giveaway and spirit banner signing at the Student Union. Faculty and residence hall decorating contest judging at 2 p.m. Free game tickets if order Ragin' Cajun lunch special from Gallaghers.

The rest of the story

2. UL Football Desormeaux presents challenge for ASU

Louisiana's Michael Desormeaux is the Sun Belt Conference's second-leading rusher.

And he's a quarterback.

"We have not seen anybody stop him yet on film," Arkansas State coach Steve Roberts said. "We have not seen any schemes or any personnel be able to stop him yet from running the football."

Arkansas State will try to stop the Ragin' Cajuns' unique signal-caller Saturday night in Jonesboro when the Indians host Louisiana-Lafayette for homecoming. Both teams are trying to avoid a second Sun Belt Conference loss, which could be devastating at this point in the season.

"I think it's a very big game, there is no doubt about that," Roberts said. "I'll never tell that it's a do-or-die game because there's too much left to be played this year but it is a very crucial game."

Louisiana-Lafayette (1-5, 1-1) beat North Texas 38-29 last week for its first win of the season. Desormeaux ran for 150 yards and threw for 114. He is now averaging 111 yards rushing per game.

The rest of the story

By NOAH TRISTER
    AP

Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now.

Quote Originally Posted by LARaginCajun View Post
    We are one of 120 Division 1 football teams in the nation. People should support the football regardless of wins and loses. To say UL does not have a major college football team is just inaccurate. You do not know the facts.
    Louisiana is king of the frontrunners.

look at green bay and the saints. both have had some terrible years. green bay continually has a waiting list for tix, saints probably won't have one by the end of the season.

Default Re: Heavy downpour with TV option keeps Fans away from Great Game.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ uhhhhhh IF???? does the 5,000 butts last Saturday not yet convince you that we are THERE????????? _
    No kidding what does it take for people to realize this is one of the worst football programs in America?

Default its friday, where are all of the predictions?

Where are all of the predictions for this weekends game at ASU?

It would seem that there would be plenty of discussion about the game, especially after a win last week, but its fallen flat for some reason.

Lets hear some predictions, smack talk, anything at all abouth the game this weekend.
    I get tired of looking at a lot of news articles and little else.

So lets go

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ Geez. you should be a politicianlol.

No firing Bustle wont guarantee 20k. Keeping him WILL insure another 10k or less.

My only hope is that someday we get some people who expect more. maybe Im a lone voice in that area

always. wait. lets wait a while longer. it could get better it might get better 6 years of waiting. ok I give up.lets wait another year. _
    We should start a club called the "Coach's Club". 2000 fans pledge $500/yr to a fund that supplements the pay coaches receive now. That would add $1,000,000.00 a year to the kitty to hire a good coach. If we can't get enough people to do that, we are in pitiful shape. I'd sign today.

We need a Cajun Athletic Foundation that resembles the Tiger Athletic Foundation on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog View Post
    _ No kidding what does it take for people to realize this is one of the worst football programs in America? _
    I dont get it man. I guess some people are afraid of change. But if we dont wake up SOON we are going to lose an entire generation of fans.

This losing mentality. the mentality that says we are happy to be mediocre in the worst conference in all of America. the mentality that says 6-5 is a BANNER year is what leads to the apathy that manifests in 5,000 butts in seats

then you have the apologists and excuse makers running around blaming the weather and anything they can think of rather than the obvious. that the people in charge of this program are happy with the status-quo that change would not be good for THEM

I think until someone that is agressive and stops making excuses is brought in nothing will change. In another thread it was traced back to Toby Warren in the late 70's the last time we had someone out there pushing the university. God bless him, Gerald Hebert is trying. but has ANYONE even seen our AD since he was hired?? He is a back room operative working behind the scenes. From what I hear he is effective in that role Why not keep him doing what he WAS doing and bring in a young dynamic AD??? Guess we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by showdog View Post
    _ .

We need a Cajun Athletic Foundation that resembles the Tiger Athletic Foundation on a smaller scale. _
    Won't be too long of a wait

Default Re: its friday, where are all of the predictions?

UL 34 - ASU 31.

How's that?

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna View Post
    _ Won't be too long of a wait _
    I hope that its promoted like the TAF, but I also hope that its not called the CAF. That would be too close to theirs and would be seen with as a copycat type thing. Surely it could called something a little more creative. Not that i have any ideas or anything.

Well, maybe I do have some ideas. When I went to college station for the baseball regional, they had crap all over the place promoting the 12th man Building Champions fund, or something like that. I would like to see the new foundation be titled something like the Cajun Championship Fund (or Foundation) because not only is it a potential primary driver to improve this schools athletics, but it says, right there in the title, what the primary goal of this athletic department is, to win championships.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ I hope that its promoted like the TAF, but I also hope that its not called the CAF. That would be too close to theirs and would be seen with as a copycat type thing. Surely it could called something a little more creative. Not that i have any ideas or anything.

Well, maybe I do have some ideas. When I went to college station for the baseball regional, they had crap all over the place promoting the 12th man Building Champions fund, or something like that. I would like to see the new foundation be titled something like the Cajun Championship Fund (or Foundation) because not only is it a potential primary driver to improve this schools athletics, but it says, right there in the title, what the primary goal of this athletic department is, to win championships. _
    How about CAFE - Cajun Athletic Fund for Excellence

Or RAGE - Ragin Cajun Athletic Giving for Excellence

Quote Originally Posted by BILLB View Post
    _ Where are all of the predictions for this weekends game at ASU?

It would seem that there would be plenty of discussion about the game, especially after a win last week, but its fallen flat for some reason.

Lets hear some predictions, smack talk, anything at all abouth the game this weekend.
    I get tired of looking at a lot of news articles and little else.

So lets go _
    Sometimes you've gotta start the discussion yourself.

Heart says

Cajuns -31
    Injuns - 28

on a last second field goal, no less.

Head says
    Injuns -28
    Cajuns -21

I think a high scoring game
    cajuns 38
    asu 31

ul offense
    rushing 270
    passing 110

des having over 100 yards rushing again this week
    fenroy 100 yards
    and wallace getting into the mix some this week

14. Default Re: its friday, where are all of the predictions?

Ul 31
    Asu 28

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ Sometimes you've gotta start the discussion yourself.

Heart says

Cajuns -31
    Injuns - 28

on a last second field goal, no less.

Head says
    Injuns -28
    Cajuns -21 _
    What'll probably end up happening is that a bunch of people who aren't indians and who don't know how to mind their own business, will form a wall of humanity around the stadium preventing any players, coaches officials, and fans from entering, disallowing the game to go on because A State never changed their name to something more generic, like Tigers, or foolish, like Warhawks. The Cajuns will win by a result of forfeit, but some Cajun fans will _____ because Desormeaux's QB rating was 0.0.

Thread Information