Page 130 of 153 FirstFirst . 120 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 140 . LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: See Mike Run, See Mike Lead the Cajuns, See Mike Lead the Country

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    _ And I'm tired of the Desmo is not a QB nonsense, but I think people have the right to post that OPINION. Nowhere in my post did I claim he was as good as Brain Mitchell.so that part of your rant is off the mark. But since he was a runner, not a pure passer (as proven by how he was used in the NFL) the comparison is legitimate. Desmo doesn't have to be as good as he is to be a similar player with similar talents.

And that first winning season since the wheel was invented was a total bust untill we figured out we were a running team.which happened when Desmo was at the helm. Fact. The rest is my opinion and if you are truely tired of seeing peoples opionions on the state of the football team, I suggest not seeking them out by reading a internet bulliten board.

Methinks I stepped on some STM toes _
    Don't you know nothing negative about STM alum is allowed on here! How could some no armed kid from new iberia actually be better than a kid from cougar nation. i'm with you, i'm so tired of hearing that D-Mo is not a QB. Alot of people won't admit it but D-mo gave us our identity the year we shared the title. Mike was running everywhere and it was working. So when Jerry came back coach said you know what you have to do, get running! People are so negative about the year they just want someone to pin it on. Mike is not the person to pin it on, how about the defense that cant stop anyone. how about the dropped balls. How about the inexperienced line who has mike running for his life half the time. trust me if jerry was here we would still be 1-5.

For the record. I think Mike is a hell of a QB, I think he is the best one we have on the roster, no question. I also agree with you that if Jerry was the quaterback we would be 1 and 5.

I think plenty of negative stuff can be said about STM or any other high school talent. I have just one question and explain it to me. Mike played four games when Jerry was hurt. We went 1 and 3. I don't think the losses were Mike's fault. But how can we say we would have gone 8-4?

Please understand what I am saying. I agree that Mike is a good, no great quaterback, and I am not pinning any of the struggles on him, Fenroy or any member of our team. Just please say why we would have been 8 and 4.

Also, you did not say Mike was the next Brian Mitchell, and I apologize for insinuating that.

Default Re: Lamar Morgan a 2007 NFF Draddy Trophy Semifinalist

Good for Lamar!!! Congrats! He really is a great guy both on and off the field!

That 3.2 GPA requirement kept out qualifiers from all Louisiana schools except UL.
    Congrats Lamar.

Way to geaux Lamar you showed me you a leader here recently. I knew you were smart but I didn't know how smart.

Quote Originally Posted by LaGrid View Post
    _ Way to geaux Lamar you showed me you a leader here recently. I knew you were smart but I didn't know how smart. _
    Great job Lamar!!!! Is it me or was the list missing all other Louisiana colleges. Something we should be proud of. Academics and giving back to the community is what life is about.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ For the record. I think Mike is a hell of a QB, I think he is the best one we have on the roster, no question. I also agree with you that if Jerry was the quaterback we would be 1 and 5.

I think plenty of negative stuff can be said about STM or any other high school talent. I have just one question and explain it to me. Mike played four games when Jerry was hurt. We went 1 and 3. I don't think the losses were Mike's fault. But how can we say we would have gone 8-4?

Please understand what I am saying. I agree that Mike is a good, no great quaterback, and I am not pinning any of the struggles on him, Fenroy or any member of our team. Just please say why we would have been 8 and 4.

Also, you did not say Mike was the next Brian Mitchell, and I apologize for insinuating that. _
    1-3, with one loss being to Ark State when our defense gave up a big lead. I have no doubt we "discovered" our true identity (run first from both QB and RB position) during that stretch. We kept doing the same thing when Babb came back and it kept rolling from there.

My guess on last year based on the fact we seemed to get away from what worked in 2005, which was both the QB (wheather it be Babb or Desmo) AND Fenroy running. Again, my opinion nothing more.I think we would have focused on the running game more last year and been more potent on offense with Desmo at QB. Hell, how about the dual QB system like Florida last year and LSU this year with Desmo in the Tebow/Perrilloux role? We wasted him last year. Most of the attempts at getting him touches were at reciever, and he doesn't seem to have the best hands. I'm GUESSING either of those options would have gotten us at least 2 more wins (ULM and North Texas).

8-4, bowl game.

Or maybe I'm wrongwe'll never know.

Brian Mitchell's Jr Year stats:

Passing:
    129/273 1807 yards, 8 TD's and 9 INT's
    Rushing:
    180 attempts for 743 yards and 15 TD's
    2,550 yards of offense and 23 TD's

Desmo PROJECTED Jr. year stats:
    Passing:
    166/312 1770 yards, 14 TD's and 12 INT's
    Rushing:
    238 attempts for 1328 yards and 6 TD's
    3,098 yards of offense and 20 TD's

I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingMandy View Post
    Great job Lamar!!!! Is it me or was the list missing all other Louisiana colleges. Something we should be proud of. Academics and giving back to the community is what life is about.
    It's not just you. There were no LSU, LA Tech, ULM, and (most surprisingly) Tulane nominees on that list! None on the FCS (1-AA) list either. I think that says a lot about our program and university. Congrats to Lamar for all of his hard work since he arrived in Lafayette!

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    _ 1-3, with one loss being to Ark State when our defense gave up a big lead. I have no doubt we "discovered" our true identity (run first from both QB and RB position) during that stretch. We kept doing the same thing when Babb came back and it kept rolling from there.

My guess on last year based on the fact we seemed to get away from what worked in 2005, which was both the QB (wheather it be Babb or Desmo) AND Fenroy running. Again, my opinion nothing more.I think we would have focused on the running game more last year and been more potent on offense with Desmo at QB. Hell, how about the dual QB system like Florida last year and LSU this year with Desmo in the Tebow/Perrilloux role? We wasted him last year. Most of the attempts at getting him touches were at reciever, and he doesn't seem to have the best hands. I'm GUESSING either of those options would have gotten us at least 2 more wins (ULM and North Texas).

8-4, bowl game.

Or maybe I'm wrongwe'll never know.
    Mike Desormeaux was 2 and 2 his freshman year as a starter, not 1 and 3. We lost to FAU and ASU in his first two starts. In his next two, we beat MT and Troy. Jerry Babb did play some in the game against Troy, but Desormeaux started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Mike Desormeaux was 2 and 2 his freshman year as a starter, not 1 and 3. We lost to FAU and ASU in his first two starts. In his next two, we beat MT and Troy. Jerry Babb did play some in the game against Troy, but Desormeaux started.
    I stand corrected, or actually the other guy stands corrected. I thought 1-3 sounded wrong, but my memory ain't what it used to be.

Default Re: reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog View Post
    _ We don't have a major college football team in this area. _
    We are one of 120 Division 1 football teams in the nation. People should support the football regardless of wins and loses. To say UL does not have a major college football team is just inaccurate. You do not know the facts.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Very cool. Congratulations Lamar!

14. UL Football Re: Lamar Morgan a 2007 NFF Draddy Trophy Semifinalist

Morgan boasts an accomplished football career at Louisiana-Lafayette.

One of college football's most sought after and competitive awards, the Draddy Trophy recognizes an individual as the absolute best in the country for his combined academic success, football performance and exemplary community leadership.

Morgan has been viewed as a warrior by coaches and is well respected by and inspirational to his teammates.

A bad knee injury cost him the final three games of his freshman season and the entire 2004 season. After much hard work and dedication, Morgan was back on the field in 2005. He led the team with 26 tackles and an interception through the first five games. In the seventh game of the season, Morgan suffered a deep leg laceration that cost him two of the last four games.

Morgan had hip surgery after the 2006 season.

His teammates are very aware of the sacrifices Morgan has made to try and help the Cajuns win. In fact, Morgan was not fully recovered from hip surgery entering fall camp in 2007, but was still voted as a team captain. He missed the season opener, but returned for the Cajuns second game of the season.

Through all the tough times, Morgan still remains a standout on the football field and in the classroom. He has either been on the Sun Belt Conference Honor Roll or Commissioner’s list every year since he began his collegiate career.

RaginCajuns.com

15. UL Football ASU at Home in the Win Column

Since Steve Roberts took over as Arkansas State's head coach, he's placed a lot of emphasis on winning home games.

Those efforts have worked, and that's in large part why the Indians are at least a touchdown favorite on Saturday when UL's Ragin' Cajun football team heads to Jonesboro, Ark., for a key Sun Belt Conference contest for both clubs.

Roberts took over at ASU prior to the 2002 season, and since then a program that was 3-8 at Indian Stadium the previous two years has gone 19-6 in its last 25 home games. One of those was a shootout 39-36 victory over the Cajuns in 2005.

"It's hard to put a finger on it," Roberts said. "We've had good crowds at home, and to our guys playing in front of our fans is huge. We have a great following and they do everything in their power to help us win."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Thread Information