Page 127 of 153 FirstFirst . 117 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 137 . LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Opponents View: Emotional Homecoming for ASU

I've been to Jonesborro, and you Mr. Jonesborro are no Lafayette! (man, I am reaching here - anybody old enough to remember that, "I knew John Kennedy" slam on Quayle?)

UL will win the contest. That is a fact. Take it to the bank. That is all for now.

Default Re: Cajun Field lights need upgrade badly

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    Does anyone else notice how poor the lighting is at Cajun Field? I mean it is bad. We have games on TV but I can't imagine you can see very well. I have a hard enough time standing on the first row in the student section. When I watch other games on TV I can see a HUGE difference in light quality. What's with this? Isn't there an NCAA regulation? We need to step it up.
    About two years ago all of the fixtures on the press box side (and I think student side) were replaced for an ESPN game. I think it was the Thursday night game that year. I noticed that every lamp on every pole on the student side was working last Saturday evening. I did not notice on the press box side. There would be no reason to undo what they did only two years ago.

The fixtures they replaced two years ago were very old and did not provide the minimum lighting required for an ESPN telecast. I think the required minimum is 100 foot candles on the playing surface.

3. UL Football Next opponent: ASU coming off frustrating loss

Arkansas State coach Steve Roberts was less than happy with his team's 30-13 road loss at UL Monroe over the weekend. On Monday, though, he said his team played better than he originally thought.

"The plays were there," Roberts said after viewing video of his team's conference opener. "We just didn't make them."

The Indians had two interceptions, a lost fumble and two missed field goals in the second half, and totaled 86 offensive yards and three first downs after halftime. Conversely, ULM had 401 offensive yards in the last three quarters.

"We had opportunities to get stops and to score points," Roberts said. "We dropped balls in the end zone, we missed blocks, we just didn't make the plays."

ASU led 13-0 in the second quarter of that game before the Warhawks caught fire behind quarterback Kinsmon Lancaster, who hit on 15-of-22 passes for 195 yards and two scores and led ULM to 30 unanswered points.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

4. UL Football Passion Trumps Numbers

UL's defensive football team is getting more than its share of emphasis this week, since it faces a challenge of numbers.

The Cajuns travel to face Sun Belt Conference rival Arkansas State at 6 p.m. Saturday, and will square off against a team that will show more offensive looks than any UL foe to date.

"It's like playing ourselves, except with a lot more formations," said UL defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier. "They keep you off balance with all the personnel groups they use, and they've moved the ball against everybody."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

5. UL Football See Mike Run, See Mike Lead the Cajuns, See Mike Lead the Country

Michael Desormeaux's fan club continues to grow.

The coach of the football team that just played UL and the coach of the Ragin' Cajuns' next opponent are both solidly in his corner.

"I like guys with names like that," said North Texas coach Todd Dodge. "I grew up in Port Arthur and the names like that are everywhere."

Athletes like the New Iberia and Catholic High product aren't everywhere, as the junior showed last Saturday in leading UL to its 38-29 victory over UNT.

Desormeaux rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns, including a long run of 73 yards, on the way to his fourth 100-yard rushing game of the season. He also completed 10-of-20 passes for 114 yards and two more scores.

"He can definitely beat you running and throwing the football," said Arkansas State coach Steve Roberts, whose Indians host the Cajuns at 6 p.m. Saturday. "He's definitely improved his throwing from the last time we saw their attack."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

6. UL Football Businesses, schools turn red for UL homecoming

Businesses and schools across Lafayette will be turning red and white on Oct. 17 and Oct. 19 as part of Homecoming festivities at UL Lafayette.

The annual business contest pits business against business for the best interior and exterior decorations along with a skit contest. All participants are encouraged to “paint” their businesses both inside and out with red and white to show their spirit for Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns heading into their homecoming game against Florida Atlantic at 4 p.m. on Oct. 20.

Judging starts at 10 a.m. Local media personalities will do the judging and winners will be announced later that day and again during the homecoming game on Oct. 20 at Cajun Field.

The rest of the story

Lights?

How bout nearly the whole stadium. A good pressure washing, repainting, fixing up of the bathrooms, etc etc

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    _ About two years ago all of the fixtures on the press box side (and I think student side) were replaced for an ESPN game. I think it was the Thursday night game that year. I noticed that every lamp on every pole on the student side was working last Saturday evening. I did not notice on the press box side. There would be no reason to undo what they did only two years ago.

The fixtures they replaced two years ago were very old and did not provide the minimum lighting required for an ESPN telecast. I think the required minimum is 100 foot candles on the playing surface. _
    I know that there was a thursday night game, possibly in 2003 against NMState, that was on ESPN. but I think that the game you are referring to, the one that caused all the light changes, was the Friday night game in 2004 against North Texas. It was a 9 o'clock game.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    _ Lights?

How bout nearly the whole stadium. A good pressure washing, repainting, fixing up of the bathrooms, etc etc _
    A stadium refurbishing is planned for next summer, prior to the 2008 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    A stadium refurbishing is planned for next summer, prior to the 2008 season.
    Holy smokes I'm excited!!!

Where they get the money from?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ A stadium refurbishing is planned for next summer, prior to the 2008 season. _
    Are you serious? lol i didnt think it would ever happen, where did you hear of this?

UL Football Re: See Mike Run: See Mike Lead the Country

Desermeaux was actaully pretty impressive Sat. They had a few drops from the receivers that would have made his passing numbers look better. Hate to talk about next year already but the receiver position (along with defense of course) needs major improvement.

Default Re: See Mike Run: See Mike Lead the Country

if desormeaux stays on track he will account for 3100 yds and 20 td's. i would say that is pretty impressive. he is definately doing his part. not to mention besides his numbers he and fenroy are the motors that make this team go. now as it looks grant flemming will be the motor that runs the defense for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife View Post
    Are you serious? lol i didnt think it would ever happen, where did you hear of this?
    If they get rid of all the dirt and mold from the stadium. it'll look different.

Default Re: See Mike Run: See Mike Lead the Country

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCanaille View Post
    _ Desermeaux was actaully pretty impressive Sat. They had a few drops from the receivers that would have made his passing numbers look better. Hate to talk about next year already but the receiver position (along with defense of course) needs major improvement. _

You seem surprised. He has been impressive in every game except McNeese (no one was impressive in that one).

Thread Information