Page 116 of 153 FirstFirst . 106 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 126 . LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: Defending the Home Turf

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No Rickey Bustle team has ever had a losing record at home.

UL's 1st last chance to defend the streak begins tonight.

At The Swamp.

6 pm
    He had never lost to a 1AA either.

Lets hope he can atleast be half right today.

Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ No Rickey Bustle team has ever had a losing record at home.

UL's 1st last chance to defend the streak begins tonight.

At The Swamp.

6 pm _
    Maybe we should looking to a RED SEA, a red turf that would freak some peeps out!
    GEAUX CAJUNS.

Get your arses to the game dangit!

Default Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by ULBaby! View Post
    _ I think that the overriding gripe is that we have never "come around" - it is always a wait and see what happens next year. 20 or so years is a long time to wait, a long time to suffer. Job we are not (old testament reference) I am frustrated, and when frustrated, we all tend not to hope. We want to hope for a winning team, the coaches want a winning team, the players want a winning team. Nobody is choosing to lose football games. Frustration and despair are our opponents at this time and they have momentum on their side. It is hard not to just give up. I don't know enough about football to call for the coaches heads. I don't know enough about politics to pick a leader who deserves to be blamed. I just want us to win some games. Giving up now is easy. Sticking in, hopeful, faithful, determined: I am throwing my lot in with those who choose that route, and when, and I do mean WHEN, UL "comes around", I will be able to say I stuck to my guns, weathered the storm, hated it all the way, _____ed and moaned with the worst of them, but when it came down to brass tacks, I occupied my reserved seats EVERY game and cheered the WHOLE blasted time (leaving early is for wussies). I just hope I am young enough to enjoy it for a while before I take a dirt nap. _
    Excellent post. I'm there with you. Ive had my tickets since graduating in 1976 (Roy Henry years) and I'll be there till they throw some dirt in my face That does not mean I dont reserve the right to voice dicontent over the current situation. I'm not going anywhere but the stadium in about an hour. But folks this Cajun fan is NOT HAPPY with the current state of affairs and his humble opinion is that the current regime has had enough time Time for a change

Default Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season

I saw him just yesterday and he seemed fine. He is not dressing this week, the injury is bad enough for that, but I've talked to people close to the football team and everyone I've asked said hes NOT out for the season. My sources against yours. Not saying I'm right, not saying ya'll are right. just saying its hear-say speculation right now.

5. Default Re: Kyle Pirtle out for season

get well Kyle

UL Football Re: Defending the Home Turf

Man I've thought about something like that before (red turf) it's just so nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ Man I've thought about something like that before (red turf) it's just so nauseating. _
    Its not at all possible.

i'll be there tonight!

Default Temple won today

No biggie but it was one of the winless teams in the NCAA

10. Default Congratulations Cajuns

Well I guess I'm the first to say it here, but I proud of my team. They played hard, me and my friends tried to do our part (yelling at UNT). Well now we have that dreaded goose egg off of our record. Let's see if we can pull some momentum from this. Geaux cajuns!

11. UL Football Re: Congratulations Cajuns

Finally! 5 and 1 seems bad but, we're only 1 and 1 in conference play.

To quote the philosopher PooPoo Broussard, "You gotta look on da side of life dat has the light on it."

Go Gators btw.

This is so COOL Re: It's year six people

Quote Originally Posted by ULBaby! View Post
    _ I think that the overriding gripe is that we have never "come around" - it is always a wait and see what happens next year. 20 or so years is a long time to wait, a long time to suffer. Job we are not (old testament reference) I am frustrated, and when frustrated, we all tend not to hope. We want to hope for a winning team, the coaches want a winning team, the players want a winning team. Nobody is choosing to lose football games. Frustration and despair are our opponents at this time and they have momentum on their side. It is hard not to just give up. I don't know enough about football to call for the coaches heads. I don't know enough about politics to pick a leader who deserves to be blamed. I just want us to win some games. Giving up now is easy. Sticking in, hopeful, faithful, determined: I am throwing my lot in with those who choose that route, and when, and I do mean WHEN, UL "comes around", I will be able to say I stuck to my guns, weathered the storm, hated it all the way, _____ed and moaned with the worst of them, but when it came down to brass tacks, I occupied my reserved seats EVERY game and cheered the WHOLE blasted time (leaving early is for wussies). I just hope I am young enough to enjoy it for a while before I take a dirt nap. _
    Well said and enough saidso it's year 6.get over it and support the team that is here and now!!! Congrats on the W, boys.make it 2 in Arkansas.

Default Re: Congratulations Cajuns

Good job guys.you worked hard and you deserved this win. You should be very proud of yourselves.

14. Default reason why Cajuns have brighter future in football now.

sunbelt going 4-3 v Conference USA last year
    this year:
    ark st. beating memphis
    Middle Tenn hanging tough with Virginia and Louisville
    FAU beating Minnesotta and hanging tough with South Florida
    Troy hanging tough with UF and destroying Oklahoma St.
    Cajuns hanging tough with South Carolina

Finally, the Cajuns are in a football conference that is not completely uncompetitive on the national scene. Seems like sunbelt will only get better because recruits will likely prefer to play in south than in northern schools, if they have choice between WAC, MAC, and Sunbelt teams, and they don't have ties to a particular area. Sunbelt is flat outplaying CUSA the past two years.

Troy blew out Rice last year. This year, Troy could blow out any team in the CUSA on a given day. Cajuns beat Houston last year, but were not even a top 2 sunbelt team.

The only way Cajuns are going to have a chance to become a Southern Miss type program over the next decade is a) have great coaching, and b) be in a conference that recruits can be excited about playing in.

When N. Texas was winning the sunbelt by default in its first several years, the sunbelt was just awful and no team in the sunbelt was well positioned for the future.

Now all the sunbelt teams have a better future, as long as the conference as a whole keeps showing this remarkable improvement. Just two years ago, the modest achievements listed above would have been unbelievable and unnatainable.

I would rather the Cajuns struggle a bit in a much improved sunbelt than win the conference by default, as N. Texas was doing.

This Cajuns team is probably as good as those champion N. Texas teams, but the problem is the sunbelt is a lot better. That is a good problem.

Yes, it sucks to be 1-5, but it is better to know that there are no easy games left on the sunbelt schedule than to think that Cajuns can likely roll to a .500 record now that sunbelt play has started.

15. Default Rain with TV = missing out on Great Game in person

off the subject, but what did the attendance look like tonight? I am in Hong Kong and could not even listen to the game. I bet on the game though and nice to see that the Cajuns covered late ;-)

Thread Information