Page 109 of 153 FirstFirst . 99 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 119 . LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. Default Re: Weekly Award Winners

Quote Originally Posted by srevere51 View Post
    _ Thanks to all for your opinions, I am just a different breed i suppose. My opinion is my opinion.

We should all expect the best every down and every play. That is where I was going with that. If we dont demand and expect the best, we wont get the best out of the players. _
    I love your opinions. !!!

Opinions should be like arrows, Make a sharp point and finish off with a feather

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: I guess it is a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ True nothing but uncertainties . . .

3. Bustle's first foray into UL recruiting all he could offer was imagination and 8 UL wins over the span of that athletes high school career.

4. 2nd year imagination limited and 9 UL wins over the span of the athletes high school career.

5. 3rd year imagination gone and 11 UL wins over the span of that recruits high school career.

6. 4th year and 14 UL wins over the span of that athletes high school career.

7. 5th year 17 UL wins over the span of that athletes high school career.

8. This last (2007) UL recriuting class witnessed UL averaging 5 wins (20 tot) over their high school career.

Point being Bustle's team was co-champs from a class he had nothing tangible to offer except 8 wins over 4 years by his predecessors. What will he be able to do when these latest guys mature? A LOT!

I don't look at the 6-6 record of last year as a step back, but we have to remember, this years team is the team that signed with UL after 8 straight losing seasons. Mark my words this team will go down as winners in the end.

ps even though I say "mark my words" it's jmo _
  9. I hope you are right. I would love nothing more than to eat some crow.

10. Default Re: History suggests UNT is no gimme

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Three days before UL's Nov. 11 contest with UNT, the Mean Green fired long-time head coach Darrell Dickey after a 2-7 start.
    _ _
    It was the perfect storm . . . for them . . . with only 3 days to prepare I am sure the coaches and players ran the Dickie model for the game against UL.

It had to be PURE emotion.

Geaux Cajuns

11. Default Re: History suggests UNT is no gimme

So you're saying we shouldn't count this one as a win just yet?

This is so COOL Re: I guess it is a new low.

I think what we need here is the serenity prayer for the 2007 season maybe lots of other prayers, too.but most appropriately the serenity prayer. The 0-5 start is unacceptable to everyone, but it is what it is. doesn't mean that I want a mediocre team or a mediocre record at 6 years into the Bustle regimeeverybody wishes it was better.but mid season, this is where we are.I can't suit up and play with the team,,,I can't be their motivational speaker who talks them into a dream season finale'.and I can't flip a switch that makes them excellent over night.So,
    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

I can and will continue to show up and support our team at the games and try to encourage the moaners who feel that expecting more automatically translates into wins on the field.

I think the beer at Cajun Field is not a bad idea.would have loved to had it to cry into earlier this season.would not mind tipping the glass with many of the other pagers on this site.especially in celebration of the coming wins.

See ya at the SWAMP!!!!
    Geaux Cajuns!!!!

13. UL Football Re: History suggests UNT is no gimme

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    _ So you're saying we shouldn't count this one as a win just yet? _
    I have to wait and see if they fire the coach by tommorrow, then I can let you know.

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Yep Imma reading And my wagon will be in that circle. always has been.

Why were you expecting losses to Troy and a toss-up with Ohio? What does that say about our program. We EXPECT to lose to other Sunbelt and mid-majors.AT HOME Man something is wrong with that.

I was not "expecting" losses, just predicting them. Why Troy and Ohio? Well Troy was the consensus pick to win the conference and went to a bowl game last year. Ohio won their division of the MAC last year and went to a bowl game. I believe that makes both of them better teams than us. I was hoping for a big game from us and that we'd upset them. But when prognosticating, it's kinda hard to pick those as wins. In my entire history at UL (from the early 70's to now), I have seen damn few times when the Cajuns have pulled off any significant upsets. Until they start proving they can do it with any kind of regularity, I will still think of these types of games as difficult for the Cajuns to win. Maybe that makes me an acceptor of mediocrity. I think it makes me more of an acceptor of reality. I still keep hoping to see the change in attitude for this program, but I am convinced it will take a change in altitude for that to happen. I do agree that the current situation is unacceptable. I feel most Cajun fans feel that way. The problem at this point is what do we do about it? THAT is the main bone of contention now.

Default Re: Weekly Award Winners

_ Thanks to all for your opinions, I am just a different breed i suppose. My opinion is my opinion. I feel like there could be other ways to reconize players for their efforts. Maybe stickers for great plays, sacks, touchdown, game changing plays, INTetc etc. Ohio State , Georgia, Florida State.etc etc do this. If you want to reward someone do it for all. Point out good things for everyone, not just one player a week. Sunbelt has weekly awards for as well.

The more stickers, the more plays that player has made for the TEAM.

MissingMandy, I know you have some beef with my opinion and that is ok, because you have yours. I feel if Ross Goodlett is such a good athlete, put him on the field and let him make plays. Steve Spurrier once said "if one guy doesnt work, put in his back up. If he doesnt work, put the other guy back in.

We should all expect the best every down and every play. That is where I was going with that. If we dont demand and expect the best, we wont get the best out of the players. _
    now thats rediculous, can you imagine how stupid mike d and fenroy would look with 537 little pepper stickers all over their helmets.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    _ now thats rediculous, can you imagine how stupid mike d and fenroy would look with 537 little pepper stickers all over their helmets. _
    Another reason to get rid of the pepper. we need a better mascot and ID to put performance stippers on our helmets.

Default Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ Our OL is overall doing a pretty good job. Just accept the fact that we are a run first team, and we will remain a run first team, even if all of our offensive linemen develop into NFL first-rounders.

Everyone needs to quit worrying about the O. If we listed our problems by position in order of severity, we would be on number 24 [or higher] before we got to the first offensive position. Every defensive position and the majority of all special teams positions are weaker than our weakest offensive position. _
    I don't worry over stuff I cannot control but the O better start scoring points, especially in the second half. Six points per second half of football just ain't getting it done.

I'm sure Troy is happy with the win over us even though their defense gave up a huge amount of yardage.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux View Post
    _ Another reason to get rid of the pepper. we need a better mascot and ID to put performance stippers on our helmets. _
    im sure you got the sarcasm but i agree the pepper is terrible.

_ Thanks to all for your opinions, I am just a different breed i suppose. My opinion is my opinion. I feel like there could be other ways to reconize players for their efforts. Maybe stickers for great plays, sacks, touchdown, game changing plays, INTetc etc. Ohio State , Georgia, Florida State.etc etc do this. If you want to reward someone do it for all. Point out good things for everyone, not just one player a week. Sunbelt has weekly awards for as well.

The more stickers, the more plays that player has made for the TEAM.

MissingMandy, I know you have some beef with my opinion and that is ok, because you have yours. I feel if Ross Goodlett is such a good athlete, put him on the field and let him make plays. Steve Spurrier once said "if one guy doesnt work, put in his back up. If he doesnt work, put the other guy back in.

It is a rare player that gets to play his true freshmen year especially an offensive linemen, they simply are not ready. It doesn't mean they aren't great players they need time to learn the plays and to grow. Ross use to be an offensive player (not a linemen) so I have to assume that since he is playing defense he too is learning something new. I have learned through years of dealing with football that it is best to leave who plays and who doesn't to the coaches. A true freshmen may be ready to play half way through the season, do you waste a year of their 5 years on half a season even a losing season? I don't think Spurrier would do that either. That's why the NCAA gives a player 5 years to play 4. Believe me when I tell you that if you insult one player you insult the whole team and that hits very close to home.

Do you think FSU doesn't hand out helmet stickers if the team loses? If that were the
    case, the team would have hardly stickers on their helmets these past few years.

Individual accolades in conjuction with a loss or win are always taken in context. Immediate positive reinforcement works well on children and most animals, but human adults do not necessarily respond as well to that kind of behavior modifier.

I doubt that the players are going 100% effort in order just to get the award at Tuesday meetings. I know I wouldn't. They are going 100% because they want to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    _ Do you think FSU doesn't hand out helmet stickers if the team loses? If that were the
    case, the team would have hardly stickers on their helmets these past few years.

Individual accolades in conjuction with a loss or win are always taken in context. Immediate positive reinforcement works well on children and most animals, but human adults do not necessarily respond as well to that kind of behavior modifier.

I doubt that the players are going 100% effort in order just to get the award at Tuesday meetings. I know I wouldn't. They are going 100% because they want to win the game. _
    That is a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    _ Maybe that makes me an acceptor of mediocrity. I think it makes me more of an acceptor of reality. I still keep hoping to see the change in attitude for this program, but I am convinced it will take a change in altitude for that to happen. I do agree that the current situation is unacceptable. I feel most Cajun fans feel that way. The problem at this point is what do we do about it? THAT is the main bone of contention now. _
    Guess I am talking more conceptual Why do we accept a situation where it is "predictable" that we are mediocre in the worst conference in the country after 6 years. Thats my gripe. Had I prognosticated I am sure I would have picked those losses as well. But I am screaming WHY??

I dont want to accept a mentality of oh well year 6 3-4 wins. thats the reality of things.

How do we change the reality? I say 6 years into the program is enough time for any coach to realistically EXPECT to be competing for a championship. but we are not. others on here tell me to be patient.

When do we say enough? As a Cajun fan I'll keep coming back but I would like there to be some accountability at some point. If year 6 "aint it" fine When??

My answer is NOW. if we have to start all over so be it. hold the "picker of the coach" accountable. My other complaint is that we have an AD that neither sought nor wanted the job. we have what appears to me to be a collection of "Good ole boys" running this administration that is satisfied to hob nob with each other. have a good time with their media friends. and nothing changes. My hope is a new President will come in and change that good ole boy network.

I think this university can be every bit as "big time" as Southern Miss. as East Carolina.as dare I say it Central Florida. Troy We have one big Monster in this state. Troy has Bama and Auburn. Southern Miss has Mississippi State and Ole Miss. Central Florida has a ton of competition. We need to step up and say. We are going to be #2 in this state. Not you Tech. Not you ULM. not you Tulane and then DEMAND that those running the show put us on a path to that goal. and make reasonable progress towards that goal that when they are hired they be given a time certain to produce 6 years? sounds good to me. I agree there needs to be some funding advancements but dont hide behind that progress is demanded. small steps are accepted. let this be a 20 year program to achieve the level of the universities I mentioned above. but show progress each year put McNeese behind us once and for all. then ULM. then Tech. then Tulane

A plan for Athletic progress should be part of the screening of a new President. to accompany academic progress and not be dwarfed by it

A man can dream can't he???????

Thread Information