Page 105 of 153 FirstFirst . 95 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 115 . LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2293

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

1. Default Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

The zone option is a good offense if you can score often and you have a solid defense that can keep opposing defenses out of the endzone. Our defense is bad. We have been in situations this season where I think if we could have thrown successfully downfield we could have won some games. Running when you are down a couple of scores in the 4th quarter is not an option.

Default Re: Cajuns open as a 6.5 favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Check pm 'Strodawg.

Z
    Did and responded.

Default Re: I guess it is a new low.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ I'll say this. It's a good thing the coaches and players haven't quit like some of our fans.

Half of our 60+ scholarship players are Sophs and Froshes - nearly all of them are playing and contributing. While they aren't winning now, at least the roster has balance. And when have we been able to say that?

Actions speak more than words, which is why I'll be there Saturday and for the rest of the home season. _
    #1 - Who sir is saying anything about quitting?? We are frusted as #$@% but I know I'll be there Saturday.

#2 - Great Argument IF this were year 2, 3 or 4 But this is year 6?? Who the &*$% is responsible for recruiting those Seniors and Juniors??? The current regime I'm tired of that excuse

The problem is people who ACCEPT mediocrity (heck I'd almost enjoy mediocre at this point) NOT those that demand something better in year 6!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    #1 - Who sir is saying anything about quitting?? We are frusted as #$@% but I know I'll be there Saturday.

#2 - Great Argument IF this were year 2, 3 or 4 But this is year 6?? Who the &*$% is responsible for recruiting those Seniors and Juniors??? The current regime I'm tired of that excuse

The problem is people who ACCEPT mediocrity (heck I'd almost enjoy mediocre at this point) NOT those that demand something better in year 6!!!!!!!!!!!
    You forgot this part of my post --

Like everyone else, I am personally tired of losing.

But I'm more tired of the complaining that comes with it.

I don't accept mediocrity. But I do expect to get what I pay for.

We are getting what we paying for.

What could you possibly expect from one of the poorest funded athletic departments in DIA?

Default Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ Sorry, he's a great athlete who just should not be playing quarterback. At the end of games when passing down the field is necessary, consistency is not there. I guess that he is the better option overall than Morell or Hundley was, considering the system. Having an accurate, big-armed quarterback who could lead U.L. down the field when needed would be preferable, though. Having said that, I think the guy could possibly be a professional athlete at another position down the line. Because of this, I really believe that he could be more valuable to the team at another position where he could get the ball in the open field and use his considerable talent. The fact that he plays so hard is something to admire. Also, he's not the main problem with team, of course. The defense doesn't seem to be able to make the big stops. _
    If you consider that this is his first full year at QB and with one position coach, he is doing outstanding! You are not taking into consideration that the kid has never played just QB since he walked on campus. He is far from polished, but he is one of the outstanding play makers in the Sun Belt. He is averaging over 250 yrds in total offense a game. Sorry, but that puts him up there in the top three in the Sun Belt.

Default Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ The zone option is a good offense if you can score often and you have a solid defense that can keep opposing defenses out of the endzone. Our defense is bad. We have been in situations this season where I think if we could have thrown successfully downfield we could have won some games. Running when you are down a couple of scores in the 4th quarter is not an option. _
    There is no good offense for a team that gives up field position every game on special teams and a defense that allows close to 500 yards per game to opponents.

Default Re: Keeping up with the Big Boys

"$4.6 million deficit — on top of the $4.3 million in student fees"

This is part of our problem. What do we get, 3%?

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    _ You forgot this part of my post --

Like everyone else, I am personally tired of losing.

But I'm more tired of the complaining that comes with it.

I don't accept mediocrity. But I do expect to get what I pay for.

We are getting what we paying for.

What could you possibly expect from one of the poorest funded athletic departments in DIA? _
    I am soooo tired of this oh woe is me excuse No money does not have to mean mediocrity It is a crutch.

We have a brand new indoor practice facility. We have a new weight room. We have great facilities for a mid major.

Losers find excuses Go find Gerald Landry and listen to him talk about the good things going on at this university. things that make me proud. sorry but this football coach is just not getting it done. not after 6 years going 0-5. Not when we view 6-5 as SUCCESS.

What could I expect?? i would expect someone to come in and show recruits the new facilities. show them the stadium and tell them that YOU can help us to fill this place I expect 7-3. 8-2 beating Troy for crying out loud.

heck beating UL Monroe. go look at THEIR facilities. barely high school grade yet they have beaten us what 4 of the 5 years under this regime?

Geez. start expecting excellence and quit making excuses

Default Re: Weekly Award Winners

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    Hmmm scout team award winners?

Why are we praising individuals when we are losing as a team.
    To me, we the coaches are saying, its ok to lose.

No win No reward.

Louisiana Campus Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ If you consider that this is his first full year at QB and with one position coach, he is doing outstanding! You are not taking into consideration that the kid has never played just QB since he walked on campus. He is far from polished, but he is one of the outstanding play makers in the Sun Belt. He is averaging over 250 yrds in total offense a game. Sorry, but that puts him up there in the top three in the Sun Belt. _
    I'm not in any way criticizing his effort. He's one of the best athletes we've ever had. I really believe he's better utilized in another position, though. 250 yards a game is great. The problem remains that at the end of the game, options are limited to running or a roll-out pass. He is a GREAT runner, but there are too many limitations in the passing game. Like I said, he may be the best option at quarterback on this team. I just think that he would really shine at another position where he could be isolated for some big play possibilities. Again, the real problem here is defense.

UL Football Re: Don't Give Up

I truly do love what I'm reading!!!

See you Saturday Night!!

Default Re: Don't Give Up

I'm not big on comparing this year to any other, because these are all new players. However, I am big on the Ragin Cajuns and I still believe in Coach Bustle and our Players. We should be in most of our upcoming games and we have a chance to still make some noise in the conference. I'm not happy by any means with our record, but I don't think it's ever time to give up in the middle of the season. The wins are coming

Geaux UL!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Don't Give Up

I haven't. See you guys at the game! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    _ I am soooo tired of this oh woe is me excuse No money does not have to mean mediocrity It is a crutch.

Geez. start expecting excellence and quit making excuses _
    Hey, I just tried to purchase a little "love" at the local corner. She told me "no money, no honey". I told her that money was a crutch and start giving me "some excellence" and stop making excuses. just like you said. Your advice sucked. I got nothing out of that transaction. You spoke like you knew what you were talking about. No money, but expect excellence? Where you from?

UL Football Re: Desormeaux is getting the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by OLF82 View Post
    _ I'm not in any way criticizing his effort. He's one of the best athletes we've ever had. I really believe he's better utilized in another position, though. 250 yards a game is great. The problem remains that at the end of the game, options are limited to running or a roll-out pass. He is a GREAT runner, but there are too many limitations in the passing game. Like I said, he may be the best option at quarterback on this team. I just think that he would really shine at another position where he could be isolated for some big play possibilities. Again, the real problem here is defense. _
    OK, we put him in another position. Who is going to get the ball to him?

Game, set match. Desormeaux is the best QB we have. It's not close. He not only is a threat himself, but just by being there he makes more yards for Fenroy/Wallace or whoever else is in the game with him.

If the defense plays at all and if special teams don't suck so bad they can pull a vacuum on a crawfish sack, you guys would all be wearing 'Desormeaux for Heisman' Tee shirts.

Thread Information