Page 17 of 153 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: It Gameday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by c-man View Post
    I Know This Might Sound Crazy But If Mike D Is Going To Have That Many Rushes In A Game Maybe Move Him To Running Back And Put Hundley In A Qb To Help The Passing Game
    I agree with you. That does sound crazy. In my opinion, Mike D. will come into his own with the passing. His rushing is just a bonus. We don't need him as a RB. We have plenty of good men to fill that role. Notice the numerous props paid to him by the USC commentators tonight during the game. We need him at QB. Period.
    So far, I like what I've seen. I didn't know what to expect with so many new coaches, but I like it. I see us having a good season if we can capitalize on the good things that were done at SC tonight. I wish we had been able to capitalize on the fourth and shorts, but that's okay. We're getting there. The team should feel good about their play tonight.

Good showing by the Cajuns. A couple of things go our way, we have a chance to win the game.

I am looking forward to the game next weekend.

See you guys there!!!!!

I was just wondering if anyone else disagreed with the call on 4th and 2 with just over 2 minutes to play? Why punt the ball in this situation? But overall I think we had a great showing, our defense needs a little work and our red zone offense, looking forward to the Ohio game.

4. Default Re: It Gameday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjntgr View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else disagreed with the call on 4th and 2 with just over 2 minutes to play? Why punt the ball in this situation? But overall I think we had a great showing, our defense needs a little work and our red zone offense, looking forward to the Ohio game.
    On one hand I would say go for it, but on the other hand if we don't get the 1st down Spurrier will work to get another score to make things look better.

Default Re: I pedict a win.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ I have a gut great feeling about this game. Like I did for the Houston game last year. We will beat USC. Also major props should go out to Appie State that beat Michigan. This is upset Saturday! _
    Unfortunately I think every coach worth his salt who still has a game to play against a perceived "cupcake" including Spurrier will be pointing that game out to his players to be on gaurd against another such upset.

6. Default Re: It Gameday!!!

Nice showing by 3 SBC teams.

Arkansas State loses 21-13 vs Texas
    Troy loses 46-26 Arkansas, but was in the game for 3 quarters
    UL loses to South Carolina 28-14

Nice work, the belt is on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    _ On one hand I would say go for it, but on the other hand if we don't get the 1st down Spurrier will work to get another score to make things look better. _
    I understand that, but who cares? You dont just roll over when there is still time left. Unless you have money on the game, another score will not hurt you. Besides the line was 29.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: It Gameday!!!

I did not care for the play calling in the red zone.On the 2 yard line twice and no points??? Overall, I was impressed with the team. I hope they come back the watch that tape and correct those mistakes if they want to compete in the Sun Belt.
    Its time to get in there and make it work.

UL Football Re: It Gameday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepophile View Post
    _ Not to be all negative but that was waay too easy for usc . We need to pick it up . _
    I'm sorry, but were you watching the same game I was??? I don't think they blew it out of the water, but the score should have been 21-28 with respect to the holding penaltyIt doesn't seem to me that USC thought it was that easy.But yes I do think we need to fix a few things for next week and come out strong!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

_ I was just wondering if anyone else disagreed with the call on 4th and 2 with just over 2 minutes to play? Why punt the ball in this situation? But overall I think we had a great showing, our defense needs a little work and our red zone offense, looking forward to the Ohio game. _
    I didn't understand that call either. I agree with you on everything else you said. Thought they played very well. If we can play like that in our own conference.should be a great year. Our center was NOT holding in the called back TD.bad call. Enjoyed the game.Very optimistic!!!!

Default Re: I pedict a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Unfortunately I think every coach worth his salt who still has a game to play against a perceived "cupcake" including Spurrier will be pointing that game out to his players to be on gaurd against another such upset.
    I wish I would have been right but I was wrong. We gave USC all they could handle. I think we have a great season coming on.

Default Cajuns vs Ohio

I know it may be early, but im already looking foward to next Saturday. Anyone know anything about the Bobcats?

Default Re: Cajuns vs Ohio

I know it may be early, but im already looking foward to next Saturday. Anyone know anything about the Bobcats?
    They beat Gardner-Webb tonight 36-12, I believe. They played in the GMAC bowl last year.

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageb.orum.asp?PID=6

L'te'

UL Football Re: It Gameday!!!

I watched the hold in slow motion; #67 held on the left side as Fenroy was crosing the goal line away from the call. A major B.S. call if you ask me and in no way did it change the out come of the play. Who knows; if we go into halftime forteen up things could be different. In all I'm very proud of how the boys played and hope the people of Lafayette can come out and support the Cajuns Saturday night.

My thoughts!
    The Good:
    D-Mo, Fenroy, and Wallace looked great
    WR's caught the ball in traffic
    D-Line got pressure and got a few sacks
    For the most part the CB's had decent coverage and got 1 int.
    The hurry up O seems to be effective when you are picking up 1st downs
    O-Line played well
    The only pass attempt down field was completed
    Nevels had a good PR
    We were not horrible on kick-off

The not so good:
    The defense had way too many holes
    TE for USC was wide open all night
    We throw way too many short passes. We avg. 3.5 yards per attempt
    Kickoffs still seem to be a weakness
    Could not score twice from inside the 5
    Why punt on 4th and 2 down by 14 with 2.5 min left