Page 19 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2007 Football

Default Re: It Gameday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunmaniac View Post
    _ Again, our DBs blow assignments. Our D line and LB's did a pretty good job of stopping the run. minus zanders and #47. We lost several big plays to them being out of position. I'd like to see our Dline get a little more pressure in passing situations. anywho, we gave them the first two touchdowns bc of field position. but the two blown assignments by db's cost us 14 points. as far as fenroy goes, he's a beast. mike d. is a warrior. however, the fact that we can drive the ball 70+ yards and get stuffed inside the 10 twice is humiliating. there is no one to blame here but the play callers. but, the fact that we could hang with one of the toughest teams on our schedule was impressive. I strongly believe we can pull out a conference title. Go UL _
    Kudos to an Official(???) for one of those "stuffs".

Ragin' Cajuns Re: It Gameday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ I watched the hold in slow motion; #67 held on the left side as Fenroy was crosing the goal line away from the call. A major B.S. call if you ask me and in no way did it change the out come of the play. Who knows; if we go into halftime forteen up things could be different. In all I'm very proud of how the boys played and hope the people of Lafayette can come out and support the Cajuns Saturday night. _
    One problem, Bud. The ref didn't call holding on 67. He called holding on 59, who definitely did NOT hold.

UL Football Re: My thoughts on the game

Guys, quit worrying about 'down the field passes'. I'll give you two reasons:
    1. With the possible exception of Tennessee nobody else we play will have linebackers half as good as USC's. Those crossing patterns that got broken up or stopped for short gains will become big plays.
    2. When we threw the ball downfield yesterday, we did so well. It just wasn't often that the opportunity presented itself to go downfield; plus, USC was never able to really slow down the running game, so why throw?

My one complaint with the passing game was the several times on third and intermediate [5-8 yards] situations that we ran routes short of the first down marker. Now I know that against most of our opponents, our WRs will be able to pick up that additional yardage more often than not, but why make them HAVE to?

Default Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    When we threw the ball downfield yesterday...
    How nice was it to see Jordan Jackson make a sweet grab?

I've been waiting to see that since we grabbed him out of Bunkie 10 years ago or so...

Most Cajun fans had given up on him... with him, Nevels, Chery Smith, Lee plus a bunch of freshmen...

I think this may be the deepest I've ever seen the Cajuns at wideout...

UL Football Desormeaux is Tough

Does anyone know what kind of injury Michael sustained last night? I know it wasn't serious
    because he came back in the game & played well.Also I am not panicking about this,but I think
    the the offense needs to go deep on at least 2 passes a game,just to stretch the defense out a little to open the short passes.PLEASE GOT OUR TIGHT ENDS INVOLVED IN THE OFFENSE,THEY ARE WEAPONS NOT BEING UTILIZED.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: My thoughts on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    ...was overwhelmingly pleased. Overwhelmingly pleased. Any doubt about new coaches, new starting QB, only having a running game, so on and so forth, were completely dispelled.
    Could not say it any better! "Overwhelmingly PLEASED!"

Ragin' Cajuns Re: It Gameday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ One problem, Bud. The ref didn't call holding on 67. He called holding on 59, who definitely did NOT hold. _
    That call broke my heart! I wish we would have kicked field goals twice instead of coming out with no points! Score would have been 20 - 28, with time left on the clock! Kicking the implied field goals would have kept the moral up for the defense...a feeling of..."we are still in this!" Anyway...I'm so very proud! Good game Cajuns!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns vs Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN View Post
    ...The MIGHTY RAGIN CAJUN STEAMROLLING ZONE OPTION FREAK SHOW is in town.

Short of a Hurricane...there is no reason why the SWAMP shouldn't be a PACKED HOUSE! I'll be there...along with about 20 of my ROWDIEST friends!

UL Football Re: Cajuns vs Ohio

I could not agree more that Cajun Field should have a good crowd. If you are reading this you should be inside the gates come Saturday night; if your not working or something...

UL Football Re: Desormeaux injury

I think the Tight Ends will be used more in weeks to come.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Cajuns vs Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    _ Short of a Hurricane...there is no reason why the SWAMP shouldn't be a PACKED HOUSE! I'll be there...along with about 20,000 plus of my ROWDIEST friends! _
    Fixed it for you

Default Re: Desormeaux injury

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I think the Tight Ends will be used more in weeks to come.
    I think they didnt utilize the TE and the deep balls to give Ohio and Troy as little tape to look at as possible. I think this week was used to get the players a little confidence, next week is gonna be to really open up.

tuffguy

Default Re: It Gameday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    That call broke my heart! I wish we would have kicked field goals twice instead of coming out with no points! Score would have been 20 - 28, with time left on the clock! Kicking the implied field goals would have kept the moral up for the defense...a feeling of..."we are still in this!" Anyway...I'm so very proud! Good game Cajuns!

Hinesight is 20-20, if wt kick the field goal on that first drive that we didnt score on, we wouldent have had such good field position to start on that second trip. The calls were good, but you gotta give USC some cred for some stiff D.

Tuffguy

Default Re: Cajuns vs Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Cats82 View Post
    By the way, just as we prefer to be called "Ohio" as oppposed to "Ohio U." or, heaven forbid, "university of Ohio," do you prefer "Louisiana" over "Louisiana Lafayette"?

The "Ohio University Robertcats" but you prefer to be called the "Ohio Bobcats". Got it.

How about this one - The UL Ragin Cajuns!

Default Re: Desormeaux injury

Simmer down about the deep balls. South Carollina was week against the run last year, so we rightly thought it was something we could exploit. I think the coaches did the right thing playing the passing game close to the vest. We would have went for more yards passing but their secondary did well limiting the yards after catch. To throw deep you have to hold the pass block longer, which is tough for a Sun Belt offensive line to do against a SEC defensive line. On the deep ball we threw we were right on the money....and we didn't turn it over giving us a prime opportunity to pull the upset. We played to our strengths and came within an absolutely horrendous holding call from making them sweat big time. I would have liked to see that last 6 minutes with us only down 7. More should have been made of that bad call, it is really hard for the center to hold on a two yard running play. By the time he snaps and looks up and makes contact our back is past him....terrible call.

Look for the offense to open it up more against Ohio and McNeese.....and enjoy having one of the most explosive rushing attacks in the country.

Page 19 of 153 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information